THE BROWNS BOARD

Jared Goff

WalterWhite

A welcome back to you & Thanks.. We can use some good outsider ballin debate so stick around & you have already proven more logical opinion than any Steeler Fan which is a lot on this board (oh yea JM fans too). For me it is a toss up between Connor Cook & Goff & I am leaning towards a 4 year senior from Mich. St. over a Cal kid. We also have a kid named Mingo that can't hold weight & wonder if Goff is that same kid? After we watch Pettine on our sideline & locker room, your Bradley shows the passion with players that we just don't have from Pettine nor his staff. It shows threw our players that we have no leaders that believe in his system. Has Hayes Pullard gotten any playing time with Jags? A. Pasztor from you has been playing well here, but it is Cleveland.. So stick around..

Thanks for the welcome back.

I had the concerns about Mingo's frame back when he was at LSU. I was never a big fan of his. Can't speak to Goff because now that it appears the Jaguars have finally found a good QB and fixed much of the offense, I have been focusing on the defensive players thus far. I will say if I were to err in picking a QB, I would err on the side of the more experienced player. Of course, that would have resulted in me potentially bypassing Bortles, so take that for whatever its worth.

Bradley does have passion, I grant you that, and the players love playing for him. But the passion has not been a substitute for talent and good coaching, and the results have not been what is desired despite the passion and positivity. He is firmly on the hot seat going into next year. The hope in Jaguars land now is that Bradley replaces Babich as defensive coordinator.

Pullard has just recently gotten playing time because Telvin Smith was hurt and missed the last game. Pullard showed some suddenness exploding into the backfield and dropping a Saints' RB in the backfield for a 3-4 yard loss, but stumbled covering a back out of the backfield and was beaten for a long gain. Given the Jaguars traditional hole at OLB, he's a guy I'd want to keep on the roster going into next year, but I'd prefer Jaylon Smith out of Notre Dame to be our Sam/OTTO next year. Pasztor had a strange career in Jacksonville. He played well for us the first year, then fell off the next. I still think he's a decent guy to have on your roster.

Pullard has just recently gotten playing time because Telvin Smith was hurt and missed the last game. Pullard showed some suddenness exploding into the backfield and dropping a Saints' RB in the backfield for a 3-4 yard loss, but stumbled covering a back out of the backfield and was beaten for a long gain. Given the Jaguars traditional hole at OLB, he's a guy I'd want to keep on the roster going into next year, but I'd prefer Jaylon Smith out of Notre Dame to be our Sam/OTTO next year. Pasztor had a strange career in Jacksonville. He played well for us the first year, then fell off the next. I still think he's a decent guy to have on your roster.

Bastards! I wanted Pullard to stay here.

OK.....lets forego the QB talk with what will probably be our #2-4 pick. I have heard some say that in any other situation these guys would be low 2d high 3rd round picks.

I suspect we can get one in round 3 that could have potential.....Can you Say Joe Montana and Russell Wilson?

It's easier to add weight than it is height...

Goff is 6'4'', is that not tall enough for you? Actually, there's a school of thought that you can be to tall to play QB as scanning the defense is easier to see by defenders.

Actually, here's a pretty good article about it: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/1108254/will-brock-osweiler-another-bad-tall-quarterback-gallery

Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.

6'4" 210 Shiite, I wish I was 6'4" 210. You want a Benjamite (Rothlisbooger) that's 240 at that height? Or Fig Newton ditto? It's all about pocket pocket presence and learning when to duck. Brady has 15 pounds on him, Manning an inch and the same, Alex Smith- near identical. FWIW, Rodgers is 6'2" 225.

I am he-LThomp5490.

Zombo has a better memory than I do. Welcome back to posting.

6'4" 210 Shiite, I wish I was 6'4" 210. You want a Benjamite (Rothlisbooger) that's 240 at that height? Or Fig Newton ditto? It's all about pocket pocket presence and learning when to duck. Brady has 15 pounds on him, Manning an inch and the same, Alex Smith- near identical. FWIW, Rodgers is 6'2" 225.

Goff played AF. P. Lynch finally played a decent defense in Auburn. Now the doors swing open on the Big Boys. Can Connor Cook 6' 4" 220 & a 4 year senior with QB smarts between the ears play well on the big boys? I think Cook & Cardale is our best option in our division at QB. Now let the Round & the chips fall where they may. (RD.1 imo is Bosa, Cook or Goff with early lead, or WR Theadwell)

Goff is extremely talented and to me,is a very natural thrower. The ball comes out of his hand super hot, and his delivery is compact and quick. He can throw a tremendous fade route, isn't afraid to go over the middle, and has near perfect size.

The only drawbacks are that he takes virtually every snap from the shotgun, and spread quarterbacks generally require a bit more time to develop. As previously mentioned, he could stand to gain a bit of muscle, but that's nitpicking. This guy can flat out throw the football, and reminds me quite a bit of Derek Carr.

Now, if we take a quarterback early, we have to be sure to provide him with weapons. I hope BEYOND hope that Gordon returns, but we know better than to get our hopes up. We need offensive playmakers, and we need a defense that can keep our young qb in the game.

Obviously, we all know that highlight reels can make anyone look good, but Goff's highlights are stupid amazing. Lynch has a chance to be special, but I believe he'll take more time to develop. Time we don't have.

Lynch has a chance to be special, but I believe he'll take more time to develop. Time we don't have.

We have McC under contract for two more years. We have time...

Obviously you missed my point which was about Goff's weight...

OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half? Carr's height\weight are statistically the same, ditto Alex Smith. You trying to tell me he can't put on another 10 pounds to equal Brady or Mariotta?

Bridgewater 6'2" 215

Carr 6'3" 214

Brady 6'4" 225

Mariotta 6'4" 222

A. Smith 6'4" 217

OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half? Carr's height\weight are statistically the same, ditto Alex Smith. You trying to tell me he can't put on another 10 pounds to equal Brady or Mariotta?

Bridgewater 6'2" 215

Carr 6'3" 214

Brady 6'4" 225

Mariotta 6'4" 222

A. Smith 6'4" 217

Goff will be fine.

Brees is small and had a fine career. Didn't BIG BEN just get injured recently?

Hate that mentality of just because they aren't huge they'll get killed.

regarding Michigan States Connor Cook -

Isn't he a four year starter at quarterback?

As a senior, and a long time quarterback what does it say when a long term senior quarterback is passed over when his teammates vote for Team Captains?

So you are officially advocating taking a flyer on a project with the second pick of the draft? Bold move.

Nope... just saying time is not a reason to pass on him if, unlike JM, he has franchise potential...

OK Tour- I did a little looking, and Goff is a tad light (210) for his height 6'4". You insinuating an NFL linebacker is gonna bust him in half?

No... insinuating nothing.

Stating that:

It's easier to add weight than it is height...

regarding Michigan States Connor Cook -

Isn't he a four year starter at quarterback?

As a senior, and a long time quarterback what does it say when a long term senior quarterback is passed over when his teammates vote for Team Captains?

Well so far the NFL Jr team is kind of educating him about the game in the league he is about to enter. 24-0 at the moment.

Edit: 31-0 after manhandling his passes last possession.

I still want Cardale. He's got the durable body frame, a rifle arm and can make the throws. He needs coaching that's all. All the other quarterbacks I've seen so far haven't beat anybody. Watching Lynch against a mediocre Auburn team was painful. If we were drafting today I would take Cardale, Goff, or Hogan.

Goff's weight isn't a concern to me at all. How old is the kid? 20? I didn't gain my muscle bulk until I was around 23, and I CERTAINLY wasn't a pro athlete. In two years, he'll be 6'4 and 220ish.

Archived