THE BROWNS BOARD

Gun actions comming soon.

Erie Dawg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem keeping the sheep herded.

I live on a cul da sac, and EVERYONE is packing

For the stoolers fans a "cul da sac" is a street with only 1 inlet/outlet

It's funny to me, at least, as is your overblown reaction to the story; hence, the humorous chicken little picture.

Weird, I didn't know I had a reaction? Did you read the article? NO you didn't did you...

We will know more about the his outlined measures next week after the SOTU address.

If Obama manages to do anything that significantly reduces gun violence it would be the single biggest legacy from his term in office, above and beyond anything like Obamacare or the economy or the Iran deal or whatever else.

If Obama manages to do anything that significantly reduces gun violence it would be the single biggest legacy from his term in office, above and beyond anything like Obamacare or the economy or the Iran deal or whatever else.

In that it would cement the idea that the president can override the Bill of Rights with the stroke of a pen you are certainly correct.

I don't think anyone actually believes that this action will slow down gun violence by even a fraction of 1%.

Not even you and Woodrow.

Symbolism, campaign stunt for Hillary, thin end of the wedge or just a shot across the bow of the right.

But never meant to help anything.

WSS

In that it would cement the idea that the president can override the Bill of Rights with the stroke of a pen you are certainly correct.

I don't think anyone actually believes that this action will slow down gun violence by even a fraction of 1%.

Not even you and Woodrow.

Symbolism, campaign stunt for Hillary, thin end of the wedge or just a shot across the bow of the right.

But never meant to help anything.

WSS

What I meant was if he could find a way to do it with all parties agreeing. No executive orders, get the NRA on board, no pointless 'gun free zones' or anything like that, but a tangible reduction in gun violence/deaths that all parties can agree on and celebrate.

What I meant was if he could find a way to do it with all parties agreeing. No executive orders, get the NRA on board, no pointless 'gun free zones' or anything like that, but a tangible reduction in gun violence/deaths that all parties can agree on and celebrate.

Yes I suppose it would.

I personally couldn't even imagine a blueprint for that plan.

We would also celebrate if Sashi takes the Cleveland Browns to the Superbowl next year, which is much more likely.

WSS

Yes I suppose it would.

I personally couldn't even imagine a blueprint for that plan.

We would also celebrate if Sashi takes the Cleveland Browns to the Superbowl next year, which is much more likely.

WSS

That was my point, basically. The article says it would be 'the defining moment of his last year' or something; if he manages it, it would be the defining moment of his presidency, and probably of the century in social policy.

That was my point, basically. The article says it would be 'the defining moment of his last year' or something; if he manages it, it would be the defining moment of his presidency, and probably of the century in social policy.

Frankly I wouldn't think that a reduction in gun violence is the number one priority toward making the United States of America a utopia.

WSS

Frankly I wouldn't think that a reduction in gun violence is the number one priority toward making the United States of America a utopia.

WSS

Many things are wrong with the country. To be clear, many things are right, but in a lot of aspects it's lagging behind 21st century civilisations.

Wait,

Who even said those things were above and beyond.

Obama care, oh god yeah can't live without it.

Economy? Yeah that's doing awesome.

The people around him with guns have had thorough background evaluations, character evaluations, and psychiatric evaluations.

Not saying we should go that far for the everyday gun owner like myself, but just answering your question.

Oh.... So guns just don't go off randomly and shoot people?

You wouldn't advocate that? Why not?

WSS

I don't think that we should screen ordinary people on the same level that we screen the secret service.

I'm just saying people with anarchist or psychopathic tendencies aren't carrying guns around the president - but they can go buy a gun as long as they have no felonies and shoot up a shopping mall. Or take over a federal building in Oregon.

I don't think that we should screen ordinary people on the same level that we screen the secret service.

I'm just saying people with anarchist or psychopathic tendencies aren't carrying guns around the president - but they can go buy a gun as long as they have no felonies and shoot up a shopping mall. Or take over a federal building in Oregon.

You might have a point. I guess all those murders in the slums of Chicago are committed by anti-government redneck militia members.

WSS

Too much bother?

I guess the problem isn't as urgent as advertised.

WSS

I would not have a problem with it, but background checking everyone who buys a gun to that degree would take a seriously long time, per applicant. Waiting times for guns would sky rocket, and left right and centre would be going crazy about guns being taken away.

Never mind that on top of that you would presumably need to have a recurring check up for psych evaluations - not everyone who is crazy was always crazy.

Archived