THE BROWNS BOARD

A true start over, it's what we need.

Represent

Hi Browns board readers i think it's time to say it and maybe someone will see the benefit of doing this.

With pet and farmer out the door, i truly believe it's time to clean house and let me say i really do like a lot of our guys but i'd rather like a winning team. Joe Haden, Joe Thomas, Dansby, Whitner, Gipson, and Josh Gordan should be off this pay roll make some trades for picks. We are not close to even attempting a playoff run within the next 2-3 years without bringing in a young squad who can grow together so i believe we should GUT like never before and let the new guy come in and plug his system in year 1.

This is the only true way to go before the draft and hopefully jimmy haslem hires someone very fast who understands this point of view, the value of the players i listed wont become higher than they may right now so let's burn it down and plug the holes from there.

posts like yours followed the last 5 or 6 HC firings. It's always "oh man so glad that cunt is gone never liked him". Of course there's gonna alot of cock gobbling over whoever the next coach is, just like Mangini, just like shurm, just like Chud, just like Pettine....they're going to get fellated by the fan base and by midseason or earlier next year they and their families well being will be threatened. And then the requisite posts will follow "oh we should have waited for this cunt instead of this asshole we got"...forgetting the fact that the coach we end up with will "literally" be the only guy willing to take the job. There will not be a hotly contested round of interviews for this job. People will pay their respects to an NFL owner, out of respect to the league.....but will politely decline. Sit back and enjoy this broken fucking record that's been playing for like 6 years now.

Sweet, lets get rid of a very talented CB, a great centerfield player, a receiver that could be dominant but is still extremely cheap to hold on to despite his problems.

Great plan.

every single one of those guys could have been off the team this year and there would not have been a lick of difference in the outcome. Especially Whitner, Dansby, Gordon...what possible problem could you have with replacing those guys? Whtner and Dansby were touted as top 3-5 players at their position. These were supposedly FA "coups" for the Browns.

Sweet, lets get rid of a very talented CB, a great centerfield player, a receiver that could be dominant but is still extremely cheap to hold on to despite his problems.

Great plan.

Eh, I could give or take Haden at this point. I respect his talent and how much he's given for this franchise but I wouldn't mind getting marginally worse at one position if we could recoup two second/third round draft choices, plus sign two decent FA's with the cap we'd be saving. Corners are overvalued on the market, we'd get a pretty good return on him.

He's a good guy and a good player, but he's not transcendent talent - and for that reason, he could be had if the price was right.

It wouldn't make sense to trade Gordon, he possesses elite level talent with a tiny contract. The most impactful return we'd get is from him playing, not as a trade piece.

The rest of 'em...eh. I'd say trade Thomas if he actually wants out, he deserves a shot at a ring. Lord knows the Packers need tackles and he's a Wisconsin boy. But if he wants to stay, you keep him. Gipson, I'd love to keep, but that's a wild card. He's a great player if he's not asked to do everything, but it's not helpful if the rest of the defense sucks ass. A ball hawk free safety, in my opinion, should be the pièce de résistance.

Great plan.

It doesn't matter how talented they are, the vets on this team are content with losing. Thomas, Haden etc have played they're whole careers in a losing culture. What do you think they're teaching our young draft picks. Gut it all and start fresh

every single one of those guys could have been off the team this year and there would not have been a lick of difference in the outcome. Especially Whitner, Dansby, Gordon...what possible problem could you have with replacing those guys? Whtner and Dansby were touted as top 3-5 players at their position. These were supposedly FA "coups" for the Browns.

You'll notice I didn't mention Donte or Dansby, I'm sure.

want a bunch of dimwits on this board. gut it all, trade them all.

you know that is impossible right? and who will be the marquee player the 'new' browns will be built around?

yeah, i thought so.........

Johnny

Joe Hadens value will never be higher and i believe he could be replaced, YES i understand he's a top 5-10 cb but age and the state of our team imo dictates this move is HIGHLY the correct way to proceed.

Joe Thomas is a god nothing against him trade him to a contender try to attain value in picks for him as he is definitely elite.

Josh Gordan while his value could be viewed as low the reality is this guy showed he could be the number 1 in the entire NFL and i understand the WANT to keep him to see what happens but a few phone calls to see what kinda offers would be on the table would be worth listening because Gordan is a volatile commode he could be banned from the NFL in his next offense and i do not trust him period.

Gip Hitwit and Dansby are still considered higher talent gut them replace through the draft and plug holes for the new coaches schemes.

We could get 7-12 picks n cap relief and i hate saying it but it's the right way to go.

It turns out that AJ McCarren is better than our first round picks. It proves you don't have to take a QB in the first round. Unless of course he's Andrew Luck or Even Blake Bortles who had 35 TDS this year. I know nothing about Goff but I have watched Lynch! Lynch is not a first rounder. But anything I say or you say makes no difference!

We can hope for trades and Joey Bosa but it's Haslam's team and he's calling the shots. I wish I drank; I could use a shot.

Is it possible to amass 53 picks in one draft?

No

But we could end up with two first rounders and a few 2-5 round picks in different drafts to go with the ones we already own.

Jimmy Haslem himself said and i quote " This is not a one year fix i could see this process taking SEVERAL years to get going in the right direction and if we feel we are doing that we'll stay the course"

I love our players guys i really do i root for them , i wear their jerseys, i talk them up to any NFL fan because some of them are pro bowl talent, but i DO understand the need to move a team forward and trading pieces away for future assets to become a better team over the next few years has to be accepted by the fan base as business decisions, and as a business decision it's in the Cleveland Browns best interest to trade this talent away and bring in a new product for us because 3-13 4-12 5-11 every single year is not acceptable anymore.

uh, no shit. but maybe giving someone YOU hired the tenure in their contract to see if things could turn around maybe, after years and years and fucking more years of hiring and firing which hasn't worked, might be the way to go....?

when in the history of the NFL does one single head coach try and get an unwilling GM to draft his players, hire his guys on staff and see it all come to fruition in 2 years when you are dealt the perennial loser card like pettine was? please someone, anyone show me this stat or acknowledgement. this lack lustered talented squad, with such awful draft picks and you don't get at least your 3 years?

i'd love to see the illusionist that could pull that off, but unfortunately it's all smoke and mirrors.

now start the dark side of the moon, take the little purple pill and the flying monkeys will take you and your fucking fantasies to the poppy fields.

what a maroon.

you see what fools like you don't understand is it's all about the cycles of TIME with good teams. they let the soup come to a slow boil. they let it simmer for hours, not microwave it. it's about the vets, acquiring them at the right time while so they can help the rookies trying to learn and adding the perfect pieces to the puzzle so that they all start revving at the same time.

now do that in 2 years and you will be hailed amongst all the gods on high.

uh, no shit. but maybe giving someone YOU hired the tenure in their contract to see if things could turn around maybe, after years and years and fucking more years of hiring and firing which hasn't worked, might be the way to go....?

when in the history of the NFL does one single head coach try and get an unwilling GM to draft his players, hire his guys on staff and see it all come to fruition in 2 years when you are dealt the perennial loser card like pettine was? please someone, anyone show me this stat or acknowledgement. this lack lustered talented squad, with such awful draft picks and you don't get at least your 3 years?

i'd love to see the illusionist that could pull that off, but unfortunately it's all smoke and mirrors.

now start the dark side of the moon, take the little purple pill and the flying monkeys will take you and your fucking fantasies to the poppy fields.

what a maroon.

you see what fools like you don't understand is it's all about the cycles of TIME with good teams. they let the soup come to a slow boil. they let it simmer for hours, not microwave it. it's about the vets, acquiring them at the right time while so they can help the rookies trying to learn and adding the perfect pieces to the puzzle so that they all start revving at the same time.

now do that in 2 years and you will be hailed amongst all the gods on high.

Give it a rest, Pettine is fired.

• 3 months later...

want a bunch of dimwits on this board. gut it all, trade them all.

you know that is impossible right? and who will be the marquee player the 'new' browns will be built around?

yeah, i thought so.........

Alex Mack

Tayshon Gipson

Donte Whitner

Karlos Dansby

Mitchell Swartz

Travis Benjamin

Dwayne Bowe

Johnny Manziel

Josh Gordan

Coaching Staff

All released, left, or banned and we received a few compensatory picks since then

Impossible?

Alex Mack

Tayshon Gipson

Donte Whitner

Karlos Dansby

Mitchell Swartz

Travis Benjamin

Dwayne Bowe

Johnny Manziel

Josh Gordon

Johnson Bademosi

Craig Robertson

Coaching Staff

All released, left, or banned and we received a few compensatory picks since then

Impossible?

You forgot a few. And replaced with exactly WHAT? A reclamation RG III? I like Hue over Pettine, but yeah we went 3-13 with those guys, and we're going 0-16 without them.

So to make it complete- get rid of Mingo, & Kruger- trade Joe Thomas to the Broncos and really start from ground zero.

I don't care anymore.

You forgot a few. And replaced with exactly WHAT? A reclamation RG III? I like Hue over Pettine, but yeah we went 3-13 with those guys, and we're going 0-16 without them.

So to make it complete- get rid of Mingo, & Kruger- trade Joe Thomas to the Broncos and really start from ground zero.

I don't care anymore.

Oh we care, but it's a 3-4 round draft of hidden starters at most positions, that we must hit on. As for JT, watch Seattle, Carolina & Denver. But, we just don't need bigger holes than what we already have. Long way to go yet & not like most teams, we sit on a nice Cap, about 40Mill of it, we got to spend some at some point.. Get us a Game day Program, Were going to need one.

I know I shouldn't, but here's a list of players that we've drafted, developed, and turned in to starters either here or elsewhere:

QB - ??
RB - Johnson
RB - Crow
LT - JT
LG - bitonio
C - mack
RG - erving
RT - schwartz
TE - cameron
WR - Benjamin
WR - ??
DE - Sheard
DT - Shelton
DT - Rubin
DE - Orchard/Bryant
LB - Kirksey
LB - Robertson
LB - ?
CB - Haden
CB - Skrine
SS - Ward
FS - Gipson
We keep saying we haven't drafted well, but maybe we just haven't got the QB to bring it all together? Just an idea.

Give it a rest, Pettine is fired.

just like hue will be in 3 years (or before).

double or nothing on the six pack you already owe me for the 'johnny will be the starting QB in 2016' bet?

chirp. chirp.

Archived