THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

Before we get into The Great Zomboni's Fearless Forecast, let's look up the archives and see what his Super Bowl Prediction was this year:

In the AFC, TGZ had Denver over Indy in the championship(whoops, I did correctly have Texans 9-7 with Hoyer, but didn't see the Luck injury happening).

In the NFC Championship, TGZ had Seattle besting Green Bay (I guess you know where I am going with my NFC picks this week).

And my Super Bowl Prediction was Seattle beating down Denver again, just like they did two years ago, this time 42-17.

It certainly could still happen, but let's start at the beginning:

Kansas City at Houston Saturday 4:30 PM

No love for Brian Hoyer. Talking Heads and Fans alike will tell you that Hoyer had nothing to do with the Texans playoff achievement, despite his excellent stats, because it's all about JJ Watt and the defense. Yep they're good, but correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this team out of the playoffs last year, and 2-14 two years ago? Because JJ. Watt was on those teams too. Hoyer was busy going 7-6 in Cleveland last year, with a team that has gone 3-16 since they benched him. This was the year after he was 3-0 on a 4-12 team. I'm just saying ... he ain't hurting teams when he's in there. As for Kansas City ... I couldn't have been less impressed with them when I watched them two weeks ago at home against the Browns with a playoff spot and possible divisional crown on the line. Despite Manziel's abysmal passing display, they barely held on. They are not a big play team .. Hopkins and Watts are big play guys. Texans at home, and easier than you think. TEXANS 23 CHIEFS 10

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati Saturday 8:15 PM

Finally an enjoyable weekend for long-suffering Browns fans. Either A) The Bungles lose and still have not won a playoff game since the George H. Bush administration, or B)The Steelers are eliminated by A.J McCarron. either way, this is gold. It is going to be a physical, bloody battle, and I always go with the better defensive team in bloodbaths and postseason games ... so double down on Cincy. And ... Andy Dalton's endless playoff non-win streak lives on. BUNGLES 26 STEELERS 20

Seattle at Minnesota Sunday 1:05 PM

What's not to like about Seattle? Ya, they are on the road, but they have Beastmode back just in time for cold-ass playoff game. Of course the Vikings have a pretty decent workhorse you may have heard of too, but one-dimensional teams disappear in the playoffs ... Teddy is not going to beat Seattle through the air. Not happening. SEAHAWKS 27 VIKINGS 10

Green Bay at Washington Sunday 4:40 PM

This will be the most exciting contest. Did you know that these two teams have not met in the playoffs since the "Over The Hill Gang" bested Dan Devine's Packers on their way to the Super Bowl in 1972? Larry Brown ran for 102 yards that day for the Skins in the mud, and I believe he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. But I digress, now it is Aaron Rodgers versus Red-Hot Kirk Cousins, whose QB rating is over 100 in the past six games, and 8 of the last ten. Talk about stepping up. But, I'm a defensive guy and an "Od Guard" guy, so I gotta go with Pack's D over Skins, and McCarthy/Rodgers over Little Gruden/Cousins. But it will be fun and close. PACKERS 32 REDSKINS 30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree on your take on the Chiefs. Yeah, they've won 10 in a row but I think that ends tomorrow. Hoyer's just going to find a way.

Cincy-Pitt is interesting. The Steelers played like crap the past 2 weeks, yet still had enough to outlast Austin Davis and our 3rd string CBs. McCarron, I doubt he can do it.

I hate to think Murphy's Law here, but I sense a Pitt-Seattle Super Bowl. 2 teams I can't stand.

I'm hoping for the Cardinals to win it all.

I agree on your take on the Chiefs. Yeah, they've won 10 in a row but I think that ends tomorrow. Hoyer's just going to find a way.

Cincy-Pitt is interesting. The Steelers played like crap the past 2 weeks, yet still had enough to outlast Austin Davis and our 3rd string CBs. McCarron, I doubt he can do it.

I hate to think Murphy's Law here, but I sense a Pitt-Seattle Super Bowl. 2 teams I can't stand.

I'm hoping for the Cardinals to win it all.

Shades of Kimo Von Cheapshotten, Harrison will knock McCarron out of the game, and $5 if you can tell me who the next Bungle qb in line is without cheating. Damn lucky Squealers.

The forecast in Porkopolis is for mid 40s and rain- which may slow down Rothlisbooger. One thing for sure- have the injury cart fully gassed up.

Shades of Kimo Von Cheapshotten, Harrison will knock McCarron out of the game, and $5 if you can tell me who the next Bungle qb in line is without cheating. Damn lucky Squealers.

The forecast in Porkopolis is for mid 40s and rain- which may slow down Rothlisbooger. One thing for sure- have the injury cart fully gassed up.

Next Bungle QB is some random dude from Baltimore's preseason squad. Keith Wenning, released before week 1

Lol ...

Cincinnati radio station WLW is receiving criticism for the "Big Ben warning" audio it is running.
The warning is supposed to make fun of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger ahead of Saturday's AFC playoff game against the Bengals. The spoof advertisement is in reference to sexual assault allegations against Roethlisberger in 2009 and 2010, both of which were later dismissed.
MORE: Our official playoff predictions | Is Big Ben still a big-game QB?
Here's how the spot plays:
"This is a severe Ben Roethlisberger update from 700 WLW.
"The Tri-State currently under a severe Big Ben warning from now through early Sunday morning,” the spoof begins. “The Steelers quarterback has been spotted in the downtown Cincinnati area. All females ages 18-40 are to use extreme caution, especially if heavily consuming alcohol. Males should also be on the lookout just in case.
“If you see Big Ben and he flashes Little Ben, you are asked to report it to authorities immediately.
"He poses the greatest threat to 18-to-40-year-olds, especially those with boob jobs in the downtown Cincinnati area. You are safe if you live in Butler or Clermont counties, pretty much anywhere in Kentucky and most of southeast Indiana."
As expected, the spot has been controversial. Some Twitter users said the station should be "ashamed" of itself. The station, however, thinks it's hilarious, and tells TMZ it will continue to run it through the weekend.
© 2016 Sporting News Media and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Next Bungle QB is some random dude from Baltimore's preseason squad. Keith Wenning, released before week 1

More likely WR Muhamed Sanu. The legendary Coldwater Oh HS (numerous small div titles) is where Wenning hails from. Later Ball St. I bet Wenning never misses treatments, meetings or anything. Be afraid be very afraid. lol. Keith Wenning Highlight | Ball State:

I was thinking we did this...

Kansas City @ Houston (+3.0)

KC is just too hot and too complete... and they are getting their Houston back.

Watt is great and he does have some help, but just not enough.

Don't tell the wife, but I gotta go KC

Prediction: KC 24 HOU 17

FINAL: KC 30 HOU 0 - W/W

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati (+2.5)

Ben has been off and without a complementary run game the Steelers' O is simply not going to be able to run away with the game. Plus...

The curse of the Dalton has been lifted. AJ was my 2014 darkhorse and he has all his O's tools available.

Prediction: CIN 34 PTG 20

FINAL: PTG 18 CIN 16 - L/W

Seattle @ Minnesota (+4.5)

Even without Lynch take the playoff experience...

Prediction: SEA 24 MN 10

FINAL: SEA 10 MN 9 - W/L

Green Bay @ Washington (+1.0)

WSH opened a one-point favorite. Closed the week a one-point dog.

Essentially the smallest line reversal you can have, but it is still a reversal... and I do not go against line reversals... especially when I was inclined to take the closing dog when they were the fav... despite GB's playoff experience.

Clear as mud?

Prediction: WSH 41 GB 24

FINAL: GB 35 WSH 18 - L/L

More likely WR Muhamed Sanu. The legendary Coldwater Oh HS (numerous small div titles) is where Wenning hails from. Later Ball St. I bet Wenning never misses treatments, meetings or anything. Be afraid be very afraid. lol. Keith Wenning Highlight | Ball State:

LOL, you guys are good. I owe both of you a beer at the next tailgate. Even living in Bungle-land I had no idea the guy was on the roster.

A second-team All-Mid-American Conference selection (Ball State) in both 2012 and ’13, Wenning played in preseason and has opened regular season on Bengals practice squad ... Spent last season on Baltimore practice squad ... Was a sixth-round selection of Ravens in the 2014 Draft ... Developed a reputation for engineering comeback victories in college.

I agree with FS, if McCarron goes down, Sanu would probably take over as emergency qb.

The ghost of Billy Manziel will haunt Hoyer into 3 turnovers and giving the game away 17-10. ;)

He will invest in a rubber swan company during the off season. :P

Well early on he has already had turnover #1, but the Chiefs gave it right back.

Edit: And now #2 before the end of the first quarter. Hoyer making me look like a genius already. ;)

Yep-I'm a genius for sure. Turnover #3 in the endzone while down 13-0. Billy be good! :P

Edit: After 4 turnovers by Hoyer (and they booed him) I suspect only Billy Football could save this game in the second half.

Edit: Interception #4 4th Q.

Kansas City at Houston Saturday 4:30 PM

No love for Brian Hoyer. Talking Heads and Fans alike will tell you that Hoyer had nothing to do with the Texans playoff achievement, despite his excellent stats, because it's all about JJ Watt and the defense. Yep they're good, but correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this team out of the playoffs last year, and 2-14 two years ago? Because JJ. Watt was on those teams too. Hoyer was busy going 7-6 in Cleveland last year, with a team that has gone 3-16 since they benched him. This was the year after he was 3-0 on a 4-12 team. I'm just saying ... he ain't hurting teams when he's in there. As for Kansas City ... I couldn't have been less impressed with them when I watched them two weeks ago at home against the Browns with a playoff spot and possible divisional crown on the line. Despite Manziel's abysmal passing display, they barely held on. They are not a big play team .. Hopkins and Watts are big play guys. Texans at home, and easier than you think. TEXANS 23 CHIEFS 10

Nailed it.

That had to suck to have you season end like that in front of your own fans.

Glad we are getting the best QB in this draft and not a retread like rubber arm Hoyer.

Zombo

Nailed it.

That had to suck to have you season end like that in front of your own fans.

Glad we are getting the best QB in this draft and not a retread like rubber arm Hoyer.

Zombo

Sorry but calling for a Texans win 23-10 when in fact they lost 30-0 is not nailing it under any circumstances.

Now if you had said they will lose because Hoyer has 3 turnovers, then I might say you nailed it. Oh, someone nailed that! Who could it be? :lol:^_^

Sorry but calling for a Texans win 23-10 when in fact they lost 30-0 is not nailing it under any circumstances.

Did I need to put "nailed it" in pink?

Can't wait until we get to go Goffing.

Zombo

Zombo

Now if you had said they will lose because Hoyer has 3 turnovers, then I might say you nailed it. Oh, someone nailed that! Who could it be? :lol:^_^

So you're saying it was over by the time he made turnovers 4, 5 and 6? ;)

A.J. McAssMunch putting up a goose egg as well so far.

Too bad ... Dalton was having a hell of a year.

Z

Bungles just took the lead

Archived