THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cincinnati can't even win a first round playoff game when they win.

Well put... Total loss of composure? But this whole defenseless-receiver/contact to the helmet thing has got to get cleaned up.

Oh well... off to a nice 2-0 start vs. the spread...

They pulled a Browns

Shades of the Dwayne Rudd helmet toss. The Bungles had that one won- but gifted the Squealers 30 yards worth of penalties on the final drive.

May they cry in their Hudepohl and Little Kings.

I didn't have a dog in this fight, as I hate both teams equally, but at least I won't have to put up with any Bungle BS for at least another year.

Go Donkeys, Go Chefs.

Shades of the Dwayne Rudd helmet toss. The Bungles had that one won- but gifted the Squealers 30 yards worth of penalties on the final drive.

May they cry in their Hudepohl and Little Kings.

I didn't have a dog in this fight, as I hate both teams equally, but at least I won't have to put up with any Bungle BS for at least another year.

Go Donkeys, Go Chefs.

Exactly.... Talk about Marvin Lewis losing his job. MKC tweeted out last night if that happens the Browns should call him immediately. I'm not so sure about that. While his team obviously has been successful in the regular season, he still is 0-7 in the playoffs and there's no question he has no control over his team. Not sure if that's who I want to be coaching the team. I also wouldn't think that he's the guy to get behind the new analytics approach we're using.

I also wouldn't think that he's the guy to get behind the new analytics approach we're using.

This.

I saw somewhere they use it to track player exertion in practice, but Lewis is skeptical of applying it to other areas.

I mean, the bungles have a perennial contender so it would make sense for Lewis to be skeptical of building a team any other way.

They just can't win a playoff game.

IIRC Cinci was one of the "non-believing" teams when it comes to analyticals.

Exactly.... Talk about Marvin Lewis losing his job. MKC tweeted out last night if that happens the Browns should call him immediately. I'm not so sure about that. While his team obviously has been successful in the regular season, he still is 0-7 in the playoffs...

Yup... even Marty won early in the playoffs.

A.J. McAssMunch putting up a goose egg as well so far.

Too bad ... Dalton was having a hell of a year.

Z

I don't care Z. You can still call him AJ McAssMunch Forever.. LMFOL!! (got anything for AJ ?)

First NFL outdoor playoff game in Minnesota since 1970 with Browns?

I remember watching that January game on TV.

Joe Kapp KOs Jim Houston and Walter Johnson almost loses toes to frostbite.

The four road teams with the playoff vet QBs advanced.

God bless America.

All good QBs from here ... gonna be fun ... next week, divisional round, always best week of football in NFL.

Z

God bless America.

All good QBs from here ... gonna be fun ... next week, divisional round, always best week of football in NFL.

Z

I like the elements- next year, Playoff game at the North Pole. :)

God bless America.

Z

By the way only two teams with top 10 rated receivers advanced. The other eight will be watching the playoffs on TV.

WSS

That's a good point (I may have overlooked the Cardinals) yet I would underscore that the offensive line works as a unit much more than your number one receiver.

WSS

They help out each other. A strong OL gives your receivers time to get open. A strong receiver that gets open quickly and makes catches on difficult or contested throws means your OL has to pass protect for less time.

That being said, if your OL sucks, your QB is going to take a beating. It's swings and roundabouts, you'll struggle to get anywhere without competency in both.

I mean I wouldn't look too far into the veteran QB argument.

The Bengals lost to themselves (they have a studly reveiver core though), and the Vikings lost on a chip shot that is good nearly 100% of the time.

Bengals had a rookie QB and Vikings a sophomore first time playoff QB

Cousins was painfully off yesterday which is a little concerning if I'm the redskins. Very inaccurate, hitting check downs and not seeing wide open options down the field. He may return to career backup play level next year.

Archived