THE BROWNS BOARD

looking like were out on 2

beare

The Miami Herald reports Bengals OC Hue Jackson is no longer expected to meet with the Dolphins.

Jackson was reported as the "clear front-runner" to become the 49ers' head coach by the San Jose Mercury News on Friday. Jackson's Dolphins interview was scheduled for Sunday, but the Miami Herald reports it's been scrapped.

The Miami Herald reports "all signs point" to Bears OC Adam Gase becoming the next Dolphins head coach.

The Dolphins scheduled a second interview for Gase on Saturday, and there appears to be a realistic chance this marriage will be consummated during the meeting. Per reporter Armando Salguero, owner Stephen Ross pinpointed Gase as his "favorite" before the Dolphins' head-coaching search began. The Dolphins would be choosing Gase over Mike Shanahan, Doug Marrone, Mike Smith, Anthony Lynn, Teryl Austin, and in-house candidate Dan Campbell.
this stinks was hoping we land 1 those 2

We had no shot at either of those guys. They are writing their own tickets.

We need a guy that is into analytics, doesn't mind having three or more bosses and is ok with no franchise QB in place.

He's going to be a position coach that our headhunting firm will like the cut of his jib.

Z

We need a guy that is into analytics, doesn't mind having three or more bosses and is ok with no franchise QB in place.

He's going to be a position coach that our headhunting firm will like the cut of his jib.

Z

Ive been lol'ing for minutes. Cause it's so true, these last couple coaches...i never really liked the cut of their jibs. Really didn't.

Don't worry, I'm all in for Patricia.

The other guys are Rooney rule requirements and to make us look objective.

Patty is our guy though - I get the feeling we already know that.

Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

Hue has the right hue if you get my drift to get around the Rooney rule.

Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

Great- another defensive coordinator in an offensive league. Why not hire Belichick's kid? He's on the staff.

Keeping with our baseball minded front office, maybe we can get Joe Torre or Tony LaRussa to coach-

Can we get Barry Bonds as QB

I don't think it matters much - there's successful defensive head coaches and successful offensive ones.

Just gotta get the right guy. Patty is the analytical guy they're looking for I suspect.

Hue is probably the top candidate period, he'll pick wherever he wants and it won't be Cleveland I suspect.

Hue is interviewing today with the Browns, but I think he's going to be the 9ers' next head coach.... Dude liked his time in the Bay area, and is going back.

Hue is interviewing today with the Browns, but I think he's going to be the 9ers' next head coach.... Dude liked his time in the Bay area, and is going back.

What was the reaction with 9ers media out their after C. Kelly interview?

Here we go again. I remember after the Chud firing the laundry list of great coaches to pick from but unfortunately almost all of them either went to other teams or told the Browns they weren't interested. I would have liked to see us give Pet another year, fire Farmer and O'neil and just start from there.

Here we go again. I remember after the Chud firing the laundry list of great coaches to pick from but unfortunately almost all of them either went to other teams or told the Browns they weren't interested. I would have liked to see us give Pet another year, fire Farmer and O'neil and just start from there.

As far as I can tell, all of our top candidates are still available

I thought Gase and Jackson were on that upper list?

Top 5 Browns head coaching candidates

http://fansided.com/2016/01/03/top-5-browns-head-coaching-candidates/2/

Well I guess nobody really knows who the top Browns candidates were/are. But Gase is the only one they've interviewed who's off the board (only one that matters, the cowboys secondary coach who cares).

IMO I think Gase is a very overrated candidate anyway.

Jackson is probably the best on paper and we interviewed him yesterday and he's still meeting with the Giants. But there'll still be some other good candidates for us to pick from after the dust settles (probably Patricia)

I don't really know WHO we want to hire. I get the feeling like we want Patricia, but I haven't heard word one about who our "top desired candidate" is.

Article on who we're looking at:

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/17578/browns-coaching-search-seven-interviewed-none-hired-yet

I could be mistaken, but if it's Patricia we really want, I don't think we can officially hire him, or announce we hired him, until after his season with the Patriots is over. Problem with that is, their season could go on for several more weeks, and there's no guarantee we'll get him. So if we wait that long and he stiffs us...we could be down to the bottom of the barrel. Sound familiar?

I could be mistaken, but if it's Patricia we really want, I don't think we can officially hire him, or announce we hired him, until after his season with the Patriots is over. Problem with that is, their season could go on for several more weeks, and there's no guarantee we'll get him. So if we wait that long and he stiffs us...we could be down to the bottom of the barrel. Sound familiar?

If Patricia happened to be our #1 candidate - we would likely know via Patricia's agent or him if he would accept the job, so we wouldn't be waiting for nothing.

I'm thinking we've done all the interviews we needed to in order to identify who our #1 is. If no offer comes out to Jackson, Marrone, etc. Then it's more than likely the #1 is McDermott or Patricia and the top men in Berea would have received the non-official "yes" from their guy before they're available.

At this level, the professional relationships are pretty important - don't foresee anybody we wait for stiffing us.

Z

I for one do not have a problem not having a shot at those two. They just didn't excite me. No analytics involved. Just my gut feeling. :wacko:

I don't think it matters.....OC, DC on who we hire. Would you rather another Pat Shurmur or Chud? They were both OCs.

So that clearly isn't the issue.

It is who can be a good HC.....and there seems to me to be an intangible to that that has nothing to do with which side of the ball you coached.

That is like in baseball. Who makes the best managers? Pitchers or position players? And which position? Some say catchers make the best....and there may be something to that. But is is no gurarantee.

Who were all these great coaches? Were any of them even good?

Article on who we're looking at:

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/17578/browns-coaching-search-seven-interviewed-none-hired-yet

I don't know.....I think Kansas City has a good chance of beating the Pats and putting Pattycake out on the market.

Who were all these great coaches? Were any of them even good?

Never Forget: At Least 6 Candidates Said No To Coaching Division-Leading Browns

It's also worth remembering those who turned down a chance at the job and/or pulled their name from consideration before they could be offered the position.

OK, ready?

Josh McDaniels, currently Patriots offensive coordinator.

Todd Bowles, currently Cardinals defensive coordinator who just reportedly received a contract extension.

Adam Gase, currently Broncos offensive coordinator.

Another who was considered for the job and maybe would have taken it if it weren't for that pesky Super Bowl ...

Dan Quinn, currently Seahawks defensive coordinator.

Others who reportedly interviewed ...

Greg Schiano (!!), currently unemployed after the Buccaneers fired him.

Dirk Koetter, currently Falcons offensive coordinator.

Plus, there were others.

All of this is to remind you that Pettine took a job that had been turned down several times, enough so that it took nearly a month for the team to hire a coach after firing Rob Chudzinski.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24803787/reminder-these-are-the-coaches-who-didnt-want-the-browns-job

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201411/never-forget-least-six-candidates-said-no-coaching-division-leading-browns

Archived