THE BROWNS BOARD

Afc & Nfc Championship Game

Mark O

Defense wins championships. You watching Sashi?

yup- but it helps if you have a Manning, Brady, Newton. or Palmer.

probably only take the Browns another three seasons to get a defense as good as the Panthers.

Defense wins championships.

huge believer in that myself, but considering we went D-heavy the last 2-3 drafts and basically either stayed the same or regressed, if we don't pick a QB and WR this year early, i'm gonna flip!

huge believer in that myself, but considering we went D-heavy the last 2-3 drafts and basically either stayed the same or regressed, if we don't pick a QB and WR this year early, i'm gonna flip!

I'm as pissed off as anybody that we've invested so much in the D already and look what we got for it. That being said our offense isn't nearly the problem that the defense is. Only position on offense i'd like to see with our first pick is "maybe" an O lineman. If that D isn't fixed anything we do on offense is a waste.

Problem is we have so many overrated, overpaid D players, that we need to clean a bunch out and start over. D still gets you to the playoffs. With Mary Jane coming back at WR, we will bet the bank on no relapse I'm guessing.

almost game time... weather looks pretty good in Denver.

Most surprised by the AFC game - especially with Denver's struggles against a beat up Pittspuke team. All things considered, it will be a nice sendoff for Manning - win or lose.

I thought the NFC game could go either way but, once again, surprised by the score. Don't see how anybody can denigrate Cam Newton (on field). Sure he can run but he, also, has a cannon arm.

I always lean toward the AFC teams in the SB, but not always. I need to let this one simmer for a couple of weeks before deciding.

Saw this on reddit. Lol.

JiYrc7h.jpg

"Bad times" aka losing an AFC championship after winning the super bowl.

I live in NE, and I don't hate the patriots but even some of my friends who are Pats fans acknowledge they're a spoiled bunch. Watching that Denver defense was brutal on both New England and every Browns fan who now sees how far we have to go on defense.

I live in NE, and I don't hate the patriots but even some of my friends who are Pats fans acknowledge they're a spoiled bunch. Watching that Denver defense was brutal on both New England and every Browns fan who now sees how far we have to go on defense.

Where do you live. I am from Chicopee, MA but now live in South Windsor, CT.

Watching that Denver defense was brutal on both New England and every Browns fan who now sees how far we have to go on defense.

Amen to that--even with the 2 starting safeties out late in the game they were still lights out in the crunch.

El Viva

El Vyva

El Viva Vyva Vo, Foom

Go get a rat trap, bigger than a cat trap

Go get another one bigger than the one

Sis Boom Sis Boom Sis Boom Bah

(Carolina) Panthers Rah Rah Rah.

Old cheer from when I was in HS....always remembered it. (Insert the name of my High School....who were the Panthers...for the original)

Amen to that--even with the 2 starting safeties out late in the game they were still lights out in the crunch.

Safety play means little when you have Ware, Miller, Wolfe, Jackson & co pressuring Brady nearly every drop back.

Seriously, I haven't seen a pass rush do that to Brady since XLII.

Looking into the future, how long will it be before we'll see another NE vs Denver AFC Championship Game?

Both Manning and Brady are getting long of tooth, and are in the twilight of their career's.

If both QB's retire, what are the odds that these 2 teams will make it back to the post season?

Looking into the future, how long will it be before we'll see another NE vs Denver AFC Championship Game?

Both Manning and Brady are getting long of tooth, and are in the twilight of their career's.

If both QB's retire, what are the odds that these 2 teams will make it back to the post season?

Without knowing contract situations, if Denver's defense keeps most of those guys all they need is above average QB play to have a real shot again next season.

Archived