THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn is no longer the man here.

Guest mz.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masters

I wanted to stop reading as soon as I saw " the Washington Examiner reported. " For the love of god, the local beat writers best is to quote what some other paper, in WAS is reporting.

All fiction imo.

Why is EVERYTHING we read fiction all of a sudden????????????

Because we wish it were...and I mean no disrespect to Masters. He's earned mad amounts of respect from me over the years, and often takes the words right out of my mouth.

Then again, we don't know for sure if the Browns offering Quinn is legit or not. I think it's wise to always take sports rumors with a grain of salt.

Mangini may be stubborn about sticking to his evaluation of Quinn coming out of college, which could possibly have been a negative evaluation.

Possible, maybe, who really knows outside of 76 Lou Groza Blvd...?

-Al

Because we wish it were...

My thoughts exactly. Starting over is tough, emotionally and cognitively. Calling it all fiction is a defense mechanism IMO.

Why is EVERYTHING we read fiction all of a sudden????????????

Because whenever someone reports that the Browns are not high on Quinn or Mangini is not in love with Quinn everyone wants to say all the rumors are false

Does anyone really believe if the Browns were so high on Quinn and wanted him to be the starter that Anderson would still be on the team today or that Mangini would not have just come out and said Brady is my quarterback, that neither of these things have happened tell me that the regime of Mangini is not that impressed with what they saw of Quinn and I will add it was Savage that drafted Quinn so these guys don't have any loyalties to Quinn.

I will say again if both Anderson and Quinn are still on the roster by training camp then DA will be the starting QB in the season opener

Also all the talk about Quinn being with Brian Daboll and that this offense is being tailored for Quinn means nothing, nobody here know exactly what type of offense is being put together, I am sure the offense will be based on who the starting QB will be and as Mangini said in his press conference it could be different week to week depending on the opponent.

Because whenever someone reports that the Browns are not high on Quinn or Mangini is not in love with Quinn everyone wants to say all the rumors are false

Does anyone really believe if the Browns were so high on Quinn and wanted him to be the starter that Anderson would still be on the team today or that Mangini would not have just come out and said Brady is my quarterback, that neither of these things have happened tell me that the regime of Mangini is not that impressed with what they saw of Quinn and I will add it was Savage that drafted Quinn so these guys don't have any loyalties to Quinn.

I will say again if both Anderson and Quinn are still on the roster by training camp then DA will be the starting QB in the season opener

Also all the talk about Quinn being with Brian Daboll and that this offense is being tailored for Quinn means nothing, nobody here know exactly what type of offense is being put together, I am sure the offense will be based on who the starting QB will be and as Mangini said in his press conference it could be different week to week depending on the opponent.

Wow. Sony, well said.

i've read here that many think that if Mangini selects DA or anyone over BQ, it will be a career ending move in Cleveland. That's hilarious. Don't forget that Mangini is a Belichick disciple, and BB benched and cut the most popular Brown in the last 40 years.

This better all be posturing as it is the only thing that makes sense.

How in the world you start the worst ranked QB over a first round draft choice is beyond me. I've said it before, if it happens, we'll officially win the award for the team who has worked the hardest not to start its first round draft choice.

By the way, I'll bet anyone, any amount, that Quinn either says nothing about this supposed three-way deal or he says the right thing. And there will be no question if he'll show up to optional camps or any questions about his work ethic, shape he is in, maturity level, or willingness to put the team first. All of this doesn't make him a solid QB, but it's going in the right direction.

"Attitude reflects leadership, Bertier."

Did DA's name get mentioned even once? No interest at all from Denver?

However, the deal involving the Browns unraveled, prompting Chicago to jump back in and offer a less-complicated deal, knowing the Broncos liked Bears quarterback Kyle Orton. The source said Denver’s preference of quarterbacks was Quinn and then Orton. They were not high on Campbell.

This says all i need to know...good for mankok..;)

Who in there right mind would be high on campbell?

BQ will likely ask to be traded mankok should go for stafford at #5 if he is still there...i dont think browns fans are going to pay to watch DA play again..

It was nice today in Cleveland. It is making me crave summer even more. But I would trade away my summer for football to start just so I wouldn't have to hear about all the QB squabble. It is starting to make my ass twitch. I just want our QB situation resolved...and know who the hell is going to lead this team (as long as it's not DA).

what i get out of this is that the browns were trying to better themselfs obviously but thats not a knock on quinn cutler is a pro bowler but it also says to me anderson is definantly not the guy the way i see it because he still would have been on the roster and probably pissed....i dont think mangini is very high on either and the qb competition will occur and if quinn wants the job he better work his ass off and if/when he wins the job he better perform or we will be drafting a qb next year.... we might eve this year

Let's think about this.

Quinn had value to Denver - to a coach that seems to know something abot QBs - more value than keeping a talented, but po'd Cutler around.

Cutler was more valuable to WAS than Campbell. And Campbell would have come here. Now why would we need Jason Campbell, who is avergage, but still better than Anderson, if Mangini really though Anderson was the guy?

One thing this says to me is that while Mangini might not love Quinn, he recognizes Anderson isn't the solution - if he can get enough value out of Anderson, he'll be gone.

If this is true, what's remarkable is two more teams may now have pissed QBs (WAS and CLE). I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn ask for a trade now. The way he's seemingly been jerked around by this incompetent organization, all the while doing and saying the right things, he would deserve it.

Quinn isn't a hot commodity.

That has to be troubling.....it is to me anyway

Good Lord, peen, when'd you turn into the Rainman version of Lum. You've said the same thing in three different threads. We get it, you're worried about Quinn.

Have you considered that Quinn's not a "hot commodity" because he hasn't played enough to be "hot"?

Or that he's not really being shopped at all?

That article went in so many different directions I wasn't sure who was headed where. First he says the Broncos like and want Orton, and then he says they like Quiin and want Quinn over Orton and blah, blah, blah, blah.

But if anyone would be so stupid as to offer what is being reported that the Bears offered for Cutler, then the Bears are a bigger joke than the Detroit Lions.

Two first round picks, a third round and their starting Qb? Are you kidding me? The bears just got robbed.

I agree with an earlier poster....This smells of nothing but someone's fanstasy. How could this guy have this much inside info on so many different moves with so many teams? Not impossible, but in the closed lip time just before the draft it seems unlikely.

Let's think about this.

Quinn had value to Denver - to a coach that seems to know something abot QBs - more value than keeping a talented, but po'd Cutler around.

Cutler was more valuable to WAS than Campbell. And Campbell would have come here. Now why would we need Jason Campbell, who is avergage, but still better than Anderson, if Mangini really though Anderson was the guy?

One thing this says to me is that while Mangini might not love Quinn, he recognizes Anderson isn't the solution - if he can get enough value out of Anderson, he'll be gone.

If this is true, what's remarkable is two more teams may now have pissed QBs (WAS and CLE). I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn ask for a trade now. The way he's seemingly been jerked around by this incompetent organization, all the while doing and saying the right things, he would deserve it.

Quinn won't demand a trade because he's smarter than that. He understands image better than most QBs. He was the QB at Notre-freaking-Dame, the guy understands being the face of an organization and certainly understands that everything he says will be magnified simply because he said it.

He also understands that he's going to get a shot somewhere soon and saying anything now hurts his value more than it helps.

Trading for Campbell would be like cloning DA. They both Suck!

The only person getting wood over this article is Lumpy. But some how something tells me what we are seeing is more smoke. until we get through the draft Im not beleiving any of these BS stories.

Mankock must really be having a hard time trying to pimp DA to get him out of town.

You missed something.

Let me break it down for you...

Quinn = Kyle Orton

In a career full of idiotic xxxxing comments by you, this is by far the most idiotic. Congrats.

At least Quinn has trade value. I'm thinking Denver wouldn't have even listened if we started of the talks with some DA action. Sadly, his trade value is hovering close to nil.

You missed something.

Let me break it down for you...

Quinn = Kyle Orton

Let me help you out, douche.

"But the deal with the Browns unraveled, the source said, "

Do you think it would have unraveled if the Broncos had always wanted Orton? Do you think CLE and WAS would have even been involved in the trade talks of DEN always wanted Kyle Orton?

It really says to me Kyle Orton > Derek Anderson.

You're a xxxxing tool - one the world needs less of. Stop breeding and off yourself.

Archived