THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn is no longer the man here.

Guest mz.

Trading for Campbell would be like cloning DA. They both Suck!

The only person getting wood over this article is Lumpy. But some how something tells me what we are seeing is more smoke. until we get through the draft Im not beleiving any of these BS stories.

Mankock must really be having a hard time trying to pimp DA to get him out of town.

We could have just been trying to drive up offers for Cutler, in return helping DA's stock.

Nobody no's anything and probably never will

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A recent Pluto article referenced college completion % as it correlates to NFL success. 60% or higher greatly improved a QB's chances.

DA's junior and senior year:

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2004 279 515 3615 54.2 7.02 55 29 17 37 125.12

2005 261 510 4058 51.2 8.00 55 24 24 37 124.10

Cutler's junior and senior year:

2004 147 241 1844 61.0 7.65 80 10 5 24 134.81

2005 273 462 3073 59.1 6.65 47 21 9 24 126.07

Quinn's junior and senior year:

2005 292 450 3919 64.9 8.71 80 32 7 21 158.40

2006 289 467 3426 61.9 7.34 62 37 7 31 146.65

These numbers mean nothing more to me other than Quinn deserves a chance. Cutler's success and DA's failure fits the 60% rule. Quinn had better numbers than Cutler and better leadership skills. We'll see if it translates in to wins for Quinn's time with the Browns. As a Browns fan, I'm hoping it does.

The Browns reportedly had a deal on the table Thursday afternoon that would have sent Brady Quinn to Denver.

The reported deal also involved the Redskins, presumably with Jay Cutler going to Washington and Jason Campbell headed to Cleveland. Cutler told a Denver TV station that he was headed to Washington, but the deal fell apart at the last minute. The Broncos were believed to favor Quinn over Kyle Orton.

The way Dan Snyder does business you gotta beleive he would throw two 1sts out for cutler, and if they favored Quinn over Orton you would think that deal would of got done. Thats why I dont beleive Quinn was in the talks

A recent Pluto article referenced college completion % as it correlates to NFL success. 60% or higher greatly improved a QB's chances.

I recently read another article on the subject of Quinn...

I believe it was titled, BROWNS TRIED TO SHIP QUINN'S ASS STRAIGHT OUTTA TOWN

did you happen to catch that article?

Meh.

Quinn's name comes up because he has potential. DA's name doesn't come up because there is no interest.

DA's junior and senior year:

2004 279 515 3615 54.2 7.02 55 29 17 37 125.12

2005 261 510 4058 51.2 8.00 55 24 24 37 124.10

Cutler's junior and senior year:

2004 147 241 1844 61.0 7.65 80 10 5 24 134.81

2005 273 462 3073 59.1 6.65 47 21 9 24 126.07

Quinn's junior and senior year:

2005 292 450 3919 64.9 8.71 80 32 7 21 158.40

2006 289 467 3426 61.9 7.34 62 37 7 31 146.65

These numbers mean nothing more to me other than Quinn deserves a chance. Cutler's success and DA's failure fits the 60% rule. Quinn had better numbers than Cutler and better leadership skills. We'll see if it translates in to wins for Quinn's time with the Browns. As a Browns fan, I'm hoping it does.

I agree we need to give him a solid year, Isn't that what all the Talking heads were saying about DA and Frye? Yes we gave Frye his year and gave him the boot he deserved. We gave DA more than a solid year and he git benched he is a small step up from Frye. But nobody can argue with the numbers that BQ put up in college, I would guess that Frye's college numbers sink even lower than Da's.

here is a little tidbit on Cutler and he may be a little better than DA but they both hold something that is equal in their physicy.

The Real Jay Cutler

By Toni Monkovic

Jay Cutler is like a magnet in that he can attract and repel — just depends which side you’re coming from. Here’s a sampling of Web opinion (and a clip from “PTI” at bottom):

Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post:

For all his obvious physical gifts, self-reliance and refusal to surrender, Cutler is cursed by a thin skin and a thick head. Insert DA

Let’s go to the videotape for proof.

During a 33-19 loss to Kansas City in September, Cutler came unglued in the third quarter, all because a journeyman receiver named Cliff Russell made a mistake on a pass route, resulting in an incompletion.

During a timeout the anger was written in red on Cutler’s face. He was spitting mad. Insert DA

When the Broncos returned to the field, Cutler threw two interceptions in the team’s next four offensive snaps, committing the turnovers within a span of 60 seconds that saw Denver unravel in a revealing defeat to a truly awful AFC West opponent. Insert DA but also Insert 4 interceptions :lol:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04...eal-jay-cutler/

Lum's eternal dumbass aside, the only thing we know from all this is that the Browns weren't willing to part with 2 first round picks and Quinn for Cutler.

Chicago was willing to.

Quinn = Orton + (at least) 1 First Round Pick

That's about right.

The Browns reportedly had a deal on the table Thursday afternoon that would have sent Brady Quinn to Denver.

The reported deal also involved the Redskins, presumably with Jay Cutler going to Washington and Jason Campbell headed to Cleveland. Cutler told a Denver TV station that he was headed to Washington, but the deal fell apart at the last minute. The Broncos were believed to favor Quinn over Kyle Orton.

The way Dan Snyder does business you gotta beleive he would throw two 1sts out for cutler, and if they favored Quinn over Orton you would think that deal would of got done. Thats why I dont beleive Quinn was in the talks

And the source for this is who?........................... Homer Simpson or did I miss Kokinis's news conference.

How in the world you start the worst ranked QB over a first round draft choice is beyond me. I've said it before, if it happens, we'll officially win the award for the team who has worked the hardest not to start its first round draft choice.

A couple of things.... DA did not have a good year, but he did it playing 8 games coming off missing most of the preseason with a concussion and with a gimpy receiving corps that missed much of preseason as well as several early season games, against the tougher part of the season schedule. He played poorly, but there may be worse QBs out there, some of them starters. What the coaches are thinking, we have no real idea.

The thing I have bigger questions about is... Why the heck are people so hung up on first rounders???? There are plenty of complete failures that are first rounders. I saw a couple days back that the passing efficiency average of QB's that were picked in the top 10 since '99 is all of 77.3. I've also seen articles that say that round four and lower QB's that end up starting within 3-4 years have a much higher overall success rate 6-7 years and beyond than the first rounders do... DA certainly qualifies there, but it's yet to see if that'll hold true in a couple years for him. BQ IS an unproven QB in the NFL thus far... it's not a given that he'll be a success.

There seems to be a lot of posters here who are just good with giving anyone a shot if they were a first rounder. Perhaps the Coaches and team management don't necessarily feel that way. Who knows? Lots of off-season left, it'll all sort itself out in the end, hopefully whoever's at Qb this year will do better than the three QB's the Browns primarily used last year did.

And the source for this is who?........................... Homer Simpson or did I miss Kokinis's news conference.

Whats the source for anything in this thread were talking about.

It was and article on Rotoworld and I thought Id share it with the forum. Take it as you want it I dont beleive it either

Whats the source for anything in this thread were talking about.

It was and article on Rotoworld and I thought Id share it with the forum. Take it as you want it I dont beleive it either

mz the pussy reacts to all that garbage like it was the Gospel.

Maybe someone should tell him that when another GM calls you usually listen, are congenial, don't burn any bridges, but say sorry but we are looking to aquire picks and not trade them away. But, if you want Anderson after you make your trade, maybe we can work something out.

Hell, Mangini said we weren't involved in any part of the transaction, so, since Quinn is still here I would tend to believe Mangini. If he wanted to trade Quinn, Denver wanted him and they had the picks to make it happen, so Quinn would have been gone. That tells me Mangini doesn't want to move Quinn.

And move Quinn and get Campbell...........................LOL

A couple of things.... DA did not have a good year, but he did it playing 8 games coming off missing most of the preseason with a concussion and with a gimpy receiving corps that missed much of preseason as well as several early season games, against the tougher part of the season schedule. He played poorly, but there may be worse QBs out there, some of them starters. What the coaches are thinking, we have no real idea.

The thing I have bigger questions about is... Why the heck are people so hung up on first rounders???? There are plenty of complete failures that are first rounders. I saw a couple days back that the passing efficiency average of QB's that were picked in the top 10 since '99 is all of 77.3. I've also seen articles that say that round four and lower QB's that end up starting within 3-4 years have a much higher overall success rate 6-7 years and beyond than the first rounders do... DA certainly qualifies there, but it's yet to see if that'll hold true in a couple years for him. BQ IS an unproven QB in the NFL thus far... it's not a given that he'll be a success.

There seems to be a lot of posters here who are just good with giving anyone a shot if they were a first rounder. Perhaps the Coaches and team management don't necessarily feel that way. Who knows? Lots of off-season left, it'll all sort itself out in the end, hopefully whoever's at Qb this year will do better than the three QB's the Browns primarily used last year did.

Sure there are examples of failed every rounders. But, there are not many (any?) times where the first rounder isn't given a chance.

Just give Quinn a chance, and not some opening day coin flip thingamabob.

Not sure why there is a major knock on Campbell - I think he's a decent, serviceable starting QB. With the Hogs almost in my back yard, I am bombarded with info.

He's essentially starting his 2nd season. Here's why:

1. He's had Daniel Snyder draft a QB on the 1st day of the draft since he's been there.

2. Joe "Old as the Sun" Gibbs completely at a loss of how to manage a modern NFL game (think RAC but only if he had been our coach 20 years ago and won 3 SB's for us).

3. He's had 3 different OC's in the 4 years he's been in WAS.

4. He had to sit & try to "learn" the position behind Tim "the other" Hasselbeck & allow all 31 NFL teams prove to Gibbs that Patrick Rams-me shouldn't be in the league - twice.

5. He was injured for the 2nd half of one season (2007 I think) & later had to compete with Todd "The Natural" Collins at the starting job all over again. A coinflip, perhaps?

6. His #1 receiver might be 5'-8" Maybe. The rest? Has-been's and never-were's.

I'd take Campbell over Drive Assassin anyday. But for Quinn? Nope. Maybe Campbell, London Fletcher & a day 2 pick.

Guest Aloysius
mz the pussy reacts to all that garbage like it was the Gospel.

And you label everything bullshit until it's proven to be accurate; the Rogers situation was a good example of that.

Based on what the folks at the OBR are saying, it looks like the truth may be somewhere in the middle here. The Browns were listening to offers for Quinn, but they weren't actively shopping him. Which jives with almost everything else we've heard this offseason: that Mangini's not entirely sold on Quinn and is willing to part with him for the right price.

As for the criticism that we don't have any local reports....are you surprised? Mangini's only going to give the media info when it serves his purposes, whereas the Washington front office is notoriously leaky. Last year, there was a leak that they were planning on using a bunch of early picks on receivers - they took two WR's and one TE with their top three picks. This year, a report surfaced that they're desperately looking for an offensive tackle.

So it's not a surprise that reports from the broken trade tackles would come out of Washington, not Cleveland. And from what I can tell, the Browns appear to have at least tentatively been engaged in trade talks that would have involved Quinn.

I'm not saying I know exactly what happened, Ytown. But to live in denial and dis every report because it hurts your ego isn't healthy.

Also, JADBF, I love how we get labled "chicken littles" from reacting to news sources by a dude who goes on coachspeak? Waiting for Mangini to say something?? Too funny...

So learn to write more clearly.

Relax already. Seems you can't handle a simple difference in opinion.

Anyway, it really isn't my fault you can't follow, and I refuse to dumb myself, or the rest of this place, down for you if you can't seem to follow what's going on. Sorry, man.

Guest Aloysius

Here's another report:

NFL sources said the Bears were among the most aggressive teams in pursuit of Cutler, but they were hardly alone. Washington, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Cleveland and the New York Jets all tried to seal a deal. The Browns might have won the sweepstakes had Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, not also represented Brett Favre. The longtime Packers star didn't mesh last year with Jets coach Eric Mangini, who was fired and landed in Cleveland.

Mangini reportedly was willing to give up Brady Quinn in a deal for Cutler. Quinn, who played for former Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis at Notre Dame, might have been a good fit in McDaniels' system. But Cook made it clear when talks began that Cutler wanted no part of Mangini, and fears that he wouldn't report to the Browns shut down that deal.

Relax already. Seems you can't handle a simple difference in opinion.

Said mz the pussy, muttering angrily to himself in third person.... @@

ur such a homo if we bring a qb in it means DAs days are done so fu*k u fag DA is not worth as much as quinn face it Lumfag i hate u

Archived