THE BROWNS BOARD

Sanu & Jones: Free Agents

Osiris

Would you want to see the Browns re-unite Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones with their former OC Huge Action?

I say hell yes. Both over 6 feet tall, obviously a fit for Hue's offense. In fact, with Gordon coming back, you'd have an extremely similar setup to what is at Cinci at just about every skill position (assuming we also draft Goff).

BTW Sanu has a 100% completion percentage and 158 QBR passing the ball lol.

I really like Jones' skill set. I have ever since he was on my 2012 Sleeper list. However, he's been more fragile; came out of college with a knee and missed all of 2014 with a knee (IIRC).

Not really a Sanu fan. Don't think he is in the same league as a healthy Jones.

Yet another in a long list of #2/#3's who won't produce when not on the other side of AJ Green.

Sure, a roster of 6'4 guys would be useful.. but the question is the money it would take, NOT just if they're "an upgrade."

Josh Gordon is pretty good. Also, Jackson would likely be able to identify if someone is a dud if he coached them all year.

Trust Hue. I certainly wouldn't balk if I were the GM and he asked me to grab these guys though.

lol... That's not how it works!

Seth Roberts from Oakland or Marvin Jones no Sanu (takes running plays off nor blocks) Was Pryor with Hue in Oakland QB? Hue gave Pryor a look at WR in Cinncy before we signed him? maybe's Hues last look?

Would you want to see the Browns re-unite Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones with their former OC Huge Action?

I say hell yes. Both over 6 feet tall, obviously a fit for Hue's offense. In fact, with Gordon coming back, you'd have an extremely similar setup to what is at Cinci at just about every skill position (assuming we also draft Goff).

BTW Sanu has a 100% completion percentage and 158 QBR passing the ball lol.

Makes sense to me to look at one of them at the minimum. It couldn't hurt anything to have a receiver in the breakout room who knows the route trees and what coach is trying to do with the offense.

The Bengals aren't going to let both go. Sanu possibly but I've gotta think the Bengals are going to do what they can to retain Jones. I also doubt either are signing for vet minimum, least of all Jones.

If we don't sign Sanu, I can see either Pryor or maybe Braxton Miller taking on a similar position on Jackson's offense. Not intentionally homering, but you if those guys can get on the field as legitimate WRs, they could cause all sorts of problems.

We'll see what happens, but signing Sanu wouldn't surprise me & Braxton Miller is, IMHO, a sleeper in this draft, unless he raises eyebrows at the Combine.

Mike

Yet another in a long list of #2/#3's who won't produce when not on the other side of AJ Green.

Sure, a roster of 6'4 guys would be useful.. but the question is the money it would take, NOT just if they're "an upgrade."

Why is the question about the money? First, we have tons of cap space, and second, it's not YOUR money so what do you care?...

He might be a dummy sometimes but you can't question that he is a very talented who plays nasty.

A dummy sometimes? Seriously. He's very, very talented but he has to be one of the most out of control players in the league. He's a sub human piece of shit. Seriously.

Are we talking about Vontaze or James Harrison?

Yea, not comparable. Burfict has more fines by a nice margin in his short career than Harrison has over his long one. Harrison has also never intentionally tried to hurt someone. He's delivered some big hits but he's not twisting legs, he's not intentionally trying to decapitate. He's not tackling qbs and shift his body to deliver a knee blow. They aren't comparable but as a Browns fan I'm not surprised and according to your name you aren't one for logic either.

Archived