THE BROWNS BOARD

The Morning Roast

ballpeen

I don't know man...there has been an undercurrent of him not being the top guy in the clubhouse.

I am not going to say the guy is disliked, but I don't think he is the most popular guy with the other players.

I am not sticking up for Sean Smith here, but you don't bust a teammates lips the first time he says something out of line. There had to be some level of tension prior to that happening.

peen,

That's a hell of a stretch. Smith is renouned for being the biggest trash talker on the team. He even got into pushing match with Joe Thomas in practice. Know does that make Joe Thomas a possible problem. "underrcurrent" in the clubhouse caused by Quinn, come on. That's what they call a pure speculative innuendo.

I was introduced to Brady at the Kelly Pavlik fight in Youngstown. He was there with A. J. Hawk, his sister (Hawk's wife), Tucker, Fraley and a few other people. He was great to the fans, signed autographs and was a little embarrassed that he was a distraction between fights and during an undercard fight. He acted like an ordinary joe and not some prima donna. He was talking to us about working with Dabol and how much Dabol's system was like Weis's and couldn't wait for OTAs.

Before you toss out those bombs insinuating he's a locker room problem, maybe a little facts to go with them would make it a little more creditable.

Add to that Brady Quinn, who has become a favorite of the fans while ticking off most of his teammates in the locker room.

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/200...ts/mj846117.txt

Hmmmm....He didn't elaborate on the single line you quoted from the article.

The only thing worth while in that entire article was his question to the Bears..."What were you thinking?"

Before you toss out those bombs insinuating he's a locker room problem, maybe a little facts to go with them would make it a little more creditable.

I am not trying to lob bombs....please don't take it as such.

Nope...there is nothing to link and nothing concrete in print....as I said...some undercurrents and some comments from some people who i trust and who have been proven correct way more than not.....I know...that falls in to one of those deals.....It's just a FYI.

And again...I am not sticking up for Smith at all...but normal conduct by a teammate doesn't usually include hitting a guy in the mouth the first time he says something....kidding or otherwise. I tend to believe there is a little more to the story than is being told.

JMO.

Peens always takes the more controversial or unpopular side, it's in his blood. Anybody that is a regular poster should know that by now.

Queen has never given any indication of being a nob and if the only evidence outside of Lumsford's fairy tales is the Shaun Smith fiasco that's a shame. Queen is simply a pretty boy who has done well for himself. They are not always popular with the haters and the fact he went to ND didn't help anything.

BTW, why is Shaun Smith still on this team? I have a feeling he was more of a problem on that team than we know. I called it during camp last year the guy could be a problem cuz he can't shut his freaking mouth. He also takes plays off and is a total embarrassment on that show they let him on with Andre Knott and Mary Kay.

BTW, why is Shaun Smith still on this team?

Good question.....though the possible answer may upset some people.

It's not that I take the unpopular position Riff...I take the neutral position on many matters and play the devils advocate.

In most cases there are two sides to the coin, though too often the rush to judgment crowd doesn't give the other side any consideration at all.

This is pretty common.

Archived