THE BROWNS BOARD

The Morning Roast

ballpeen

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/200...ts/mj846117.txt

By MIKE PERRY

mperry@MorningJournal.com

REGARDLESS of the fact that a person is innocent until proven guilty, Stallworth had a blood alcohol content well over the legal limit in Florida and, while driving with this blood alcohol content, struck and killed a pedestrian.

It does not matter if Stallworth hires a brilliant attorney that might get him off on a technicality, or that he might be offered a plea deal and spend some time talking to kids about the dangers of driving drunk — the man killed another man. He was impaired and should not have been behind the wheel, but Mario Reyes was the one who paid for Stallworth's immaturity, recklessness and idiocy.

Word is that Stallworth is devastated over what happened, that he is extremely upset and remorseful. Try telling that to Mario Reyes' family.

What kind of an organization do the Browns want to be? If it's all about football, all about wins and losses, maybe they will want to hang on to Stallworth, try to spin doctor their way into keeping one of the most experienced receivers on their roster.

If that's the case, any day we can expect the "Donte Stallworth is a member of the Cleveland Browns family and we will support him through this difficult time" statement from the team. What they should do is release him with a statement that says "We, the Cleveland Browns organization, want our players to be productive on the field while being positive members of the community away from the stadium. Donte' Stallworth does not fit into that image. We wish him well."

Don't hold your breath.

Jay Cutler is now a Chicago Bear. Now all the people clamoring for him to end up in Cleveland can move on to the next item on their unrealistic wish list.

Cutler would have been a terrible fit in Cleveland, though he probably would have fit right in with the quarterbacks on the current roster. Just think, Cutler and his petulant foot-stomping, tantrum throwing personality could have joined Derek Anderson, with his fragile ego and non-existent self-confidence. Add to that Brady Quinn, who has become a favorite of the fans while ticking off most of his teammates in the locker room.

Instead of a quarterbacks coach the Browns could hire a quarterbacks psychiatrist.

The Bears gave up a pair of first-round draft picks, the No. 18 overall this season and their top pick next year, along with their third-round pick this season (No. 84 overall) and Kyle Orton for Cutler and the Broncos' fifth-round pick this season.

What were the Bears thinking?

Denver received a solid starting quarterback in Orton. He was much maligned in Chicago but had a decent season in 2008, throwing for 2,972 yards and 18 touchdowns (with 12 interceptions). Now the Broncos can use the draft to rebuild their defense and they get an extra first-rounder next season to boot.

The Bears will be a much-improved team this season, but down the road they are going to regret this deal.

I'm not on here as much as i'd like to be so pardon me if this is just common sense. What did Quinn do to piss his teammates off?

he's a prick.

If you run into him in person, stop him and ask for his autograph. Then you'll see why people don't like him.

he's a prick.

If you run into him in person, stop him and ask for his autograph. Then you'll see why people don't like him.

actually he was here at john carroll's football field two years ago to film a commercial and he signed an autograph for everybody. he was here an extra four hours doing that. he was a pretty cool guy too.

actually he was here at john carroll's football field two years ago to film a commercial and he signed an autograph for everybody. he was here an extra four hours doing that. he was a pretty cool guy too.

oh, swiiiiiing and a miss. Another strike out for Lummy.

he's a prick.

I find it hard to believe that you have ever met Quinn...however I don't doubt for a minute you have met DA....and maybe the 'prick' comment was more to do with THAT particular fantasy meeting. :rolleyes:

I'm not on here as much as i'd like to be so pardon me if this is just common sense. What did Quinn do to piss his teammates off?

All of the assessments for those 3 QB's are over the top and none of them are "pricks".

============

My high school friend lives on the back edge of a golf course in Dublin and knows the golf pro. One Sunday night, he's walking his dog and sees this golf pro with a guy who looks like Brady Quinn. The following weekend, he sees the golf pro who confirms he was giving a private lesson. Quinn then off to Cleveland for a spring camp.

The pro goes on to tell my friend he and Quinn were talking about some medical tests the golf pro had coming up and he was worried about them. Quinn reports to camp a few days later and the pro gets a text from Quinn asking how everything came out.

He had never met Quinn prior to the lesson.

True story.

Also, I work in the ER with a doc whose kids went to Dublin with Quinn. "He's always been a nice kid".

He was well liked at ND. We used to go up and watch the ND players come out of church on game day. He'd pat the kids on the head (including my 10 year old daughter, who was floored) or give low fives as he walked out.

Any reports of Quinn not being liked are complete fabrication.

brady went to a learning disabilty school before he ever signed a browns contract after the draft. he charged the parents of those children 175 for autographs. xxxx brady

link?

brady went to a learning disabilty school before he ever signed a browns contract after the draft. he charged the parents of those children 175 for autographs. xxxx brady

mario you continue to waste all of time and be one of the biggest morons on this board. first of all there is no such thing as a learning disability school. there are however programs for learning disabled students in public schools. secondly brady got a 4.0 a notre dame while majoring in psychology. considering that notre dame is still a top-notch academic school i would say that is very impressive. let me put it into terms you will understand: he dun real good at skool and is smarts, shuck-a-mup. hopefully that explains things for you.

I doubt mangini went after cutler he is pretty much everything mangini would dislike in a qb if what he says is true at least bq and da have a good temperment and any lockeroom incidents are pretty much da camp vs bq camp...bq is a winner and will demand more than da hence our team of whiney crybabies arent going to like him until his leadership is actually applied..

Smith popped quinn because he beat him at his own little "yo momma said" game...hehehehehe ;)

he's a prick.

That's funny.

Dirty Hands is a friend of mine.

I personally watched Brady Quinn give him an autograph last year at training camp.

he's a prick.

In the real world Lumpy has BQ posters taped up in his closet and is putting on so he wont be found out. Its funny but in a disgusting way. Lumpies socks stand on their own they are so stiff!

Quinn is a noted good guy well liked by teammates at every level. Sorry.

I don't know man...there has been an undercurrent of him not being the top guy in the clubhouse.

I am not going to say the guy is disliked, but I don't think he is the most popular guy with the other players.

I am not sticking up for Sean Smith here, but you don't bust a teammates lips the first time he says something out of line. There had to be some level of tension prior to that happening.

Wait a minute you asked Quinn for his autograph? Your nothing but a BQ fag after all!

Given his current fascination with DA I'm sure by "autograph" he meant "plaster his tonsils with mayo" and I can sure see Quinn shooting that one down in a hurry.

Both Quinn and DA spent a good 30 minutes after the training camp session I attended with my family last summer signing autographs. The session ended when coaches came and broke it up. They were both joking (along with Dorsey) and seemed to get along just fine while on the field.

That day all the QB's stayed extra to work with staff on extra throwing reps. They worked hard, looked like teamates with smiles and jokes around, and as I said stayed extra to sign autographs for the legions.

None of them came off as a bit aloof that day. Just young men living the dream of being an NFL QB.

Lum's an asshat.

nobody else got punched in the face but BQ.

We forgot that you come from the place that thinks a Tonya Harding-level cheap shot is honorable. Did you hear what the Oregon State fan said to his pumpkin after he carved it's mouth? "Damn I wish I had this many teeth pretty boy!"

Just remember Lancelot - you're first loyalty in Camelot was to the Queen!

- Tom F.

He spoke/was at McCain's rally during the election. It's ok to do that, as long as it's for the Democrat candidate.

Yeah, he really sucks as a human. I hear about how he signs autographs, says the right thing, doesn't complain. I don't know what kind of team would want someone with those characteristics.

yea if he is such a hated person in the locker room why did the hardest working guy we have had in cleveland since we came back in winslow endorse him as our starting qb. Maybe because like winslow the kid just wants to win and he lets people like shaun smith who i believe is lazy know that he thinks that... when other qbs call out teamates there leaders when quinn does it hes a disturbance

Archived