THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio Cannabis Legalization (Part Deux)

jbluhm86

500k license does not eliminate a monopoly like last year it basically guarantees it.

Don't have an iron in the fire but it seems like smoke and mirrors on a political level. The same people that they were afraid of getting rich.....Well I'll bet they still will.

500k license does not eliminate a monopoly like last year it basically guarantees it.

Don't have an iron in the fire but it seems like smoke and mirrors on a political level. The same people that they were afraid of getting rich.....Well I'll bet they still will.

https://ohioansformmj.org/initiative-q-a/

Q & A With Marijuana Policy Project’s Rob Kampia Regarding the 2016 Ohio Marijuana Initiative:

Q: How did you arrive at the number “15” for the number of large-grow licenses?

A: “We looked at two other mid-western states to arrive at 15 large-grow licenses in Ohio. There are 22 large-grow licenses in Illinois, and there are only two large-grow licenses in Minnesota. So we chose a number in the middle for Ohio, but we did something even better for Ohio. In Illinois and Minnesota, each large cultivator can grow an infinite number of plants, while no medium-sized cultivators are permitted. But in Ohio, each large cultivator can grow no more than 25,000 square feet of canopy, and there’s no limit on the number of medium-sized cultivators that can each grow 5,000 square feet of canopy.”

Q: Is there a chance that the 15 large growers will provide all of the medical marijuana for the entire state’s population, thereby preventing medium-sized growers from participating in the process?

A: “A dozen or 15 large grows can’t possibly provide all of the medical marijuana that’s needed in the state. In fact, 15 large grows would comprise a combined total of less than nine acres, which obviously isn’t sufficient to treat what will be approximately 215,000 patients. This is why we included no cap on the number of medium-grow licenses.”

Q: Why do you say there will be 215,000 patients in Ohio?

A: “In Michigan, 2.4 percent of all adults possess medical-marijuana ID cards. If the same percentage applies to the 9,000,000 adults in Ohio, this translates into 215,000 adults needing and choosing to use medical marijuana in Ohio.”

Q: What would you say to someone who fears that this initiative is like Responsible Ohio’s initiative?

A: “It would be entirely inaccurate to claim that this initiative is like the failed initiative in 2015. First, the 2016 initiative is specific to medical marijuana and does not include broader legalization. Second, the 2016 initiative doesn’t limit the number of growers. Third, the 2016 initiative doesn’t pre-select who the growers will be.”

Is there specific illnesses that this can be prescribed for, or is it up to the individual physician?

Q: How does the Ohio initiative compare to other state laws?

A: “The Ohio initiative is similar to the medical-marijuana laws in 23 states and the District of Columbia. The Ohio initiative will allow patients with a list of medical problems to use, possess, and grow their own medical marijuana if they have the approval of their physicians. The state government will issue ID cards to make it easy for law enforcement to identify which patients and caregivers can legally possess medical marijuana, and the state government will also issue licenses to businesses to provide medical marijuana to patients. We drafted the initiative based on the best practices in other states that have legalized medical marijuana.”

Q: Does the Ohio initiative contain an open-ended list of medical conditions, like California?

A: “The initiative isn’t open-ended like California’s law. Rather, the list of medical conditions in the Ohio initiative is similar to the laws in Arizona and Michigan, in that the Ohio initiative will protect patients with cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, severe pain, post-traumatic stress disorder, and several other medical conditions. People can also petition the Ohio government to add medical conditions to the list, which is important for people with rare diseases.”

Q & A With Marijuana Policy Projects Rob Kampia Regarding the 2016 Ohio Marijuana Initiative:

Q: How did you arrive at the number 15 for the number of large-grow licenses?

A: We looked at two other mid-western states to arrive at 15 large-grow licenses in Ohio. There are 22 large-grow licenses in Illinois, and there are only two large-grow licenses in Minnesota. So we chose a number in the middle for Ohio, but we did something even better for Ohio. In Illinois and Minnesota, each large cultivator can grow an infinite number of plants, while no medium-sized cultivators are permitted. But in Ohio, each large cultivator can grow no more than 25,000 square feet of canopy, and theres no limit on the number of medium-sized cultivators that can each grow 5,000 square feet of canopy.

Q: Is there a chance that the 15 large growers will provide all of the medical marijuana for the entire states population, thereby preventing medium-sized growers from participating in the process?

A: A dozen or 15 large grows cant possibly provide all of the medical marijuana thats needed in the state. In fact, 15 large grows would comprise a combined total of less than nine acres, which obviously isnt sufficient to treat what will be approximately 215,000 patients. This is why we included no cap on the number of medium-grow licenses.

Q: Why do you say there will be 215,000 patients in Ohio?

A: In Michigan, 2.4 percent of all adults possess medical-marijuana ID cards. If the same percentage applies to the 9,000,000 adults in Ohio, this translates into 215,000 adults needing and choosing to use medical marijuana in Ohio.

Q: What would you say to someone who fears that this initiative is like Responsible Ohios initiative?

A: It would be entirely inaccurate to claim that this initiative is like the failed initiative in 2015. First, the 2016 initiative is specific to medical marijuana and does not include broader legalization. Second, the 2016 initiative doesnt limit the number of growers. Third, the 2016 initiative doesnt pre-select who the growers will be.

I didn't open your link supposing what you posted was what you wanted me to see. Any way it doesn't answer or bring light to anything.

Like I said. Half a million. That's not in payments or installment based on sales. That's cash money up front "before" any farming begins.

Who has half a mill kicking around? I'm going to guess the special interest groups that missed the first go around do. Am I that far off in saying nothing changed except the wording?

I didn't open your link supposing what you posted was what you wanted me to see. Any way it doesn't answer or bring light to anything.

The link is to the Marijuana Policy Project, the group which authored the petition language we're currently talking about. They discuss the issue in depth in a Q&A session, and the actual full petition language is there as well.

And I fail to see how that didn't answer your particular monopoly question; they addressed it directly.

Yes it is but....

How is this going to coincide with Obama care in Ohio?

Coincide? Well if its prescription only I bet everybody is going to want and receive a prescription so the taxpayer will be picking up the tab for a lot of people that sit home and get high. It will make pillbillies an afterthought.

WSS

Coincide? Well if its prescription only I bet everybody is going to want and receive a prescription so the taxpayer will be picking up the tab for a lot of people that sit home and get high. It will make pillbillies an afterthought.

WSS

I get VA and Tricare health insurance. Both Federal. which means I'm fucked unless I pay full price.

The link is to the Marijuana Policy Project, the group which authored the petition language we're currently talking about. They discuss the issue in depth in a Q&A session, and the actual full petition language is there as well.

And I fail to see how that didn't answer your particular monopoly question; they addressed it directly.

Oh a Q&A, ok well thats that. GTFO here. What does a Q&A prove? Nothing. Things change.

And I'm not reading through it. I don't care really. Like I said. The group's in the first go around are going to be the same ones buying the licensing and growing. They are obviously the ones that can.It's obvious. I guess the smart thing would be figure out the names and compare if this passes.

Oh a Q&A, ok well thats that. GTFO here. What does a Q&A prove? Nothing. Things change.

And I'm not reading through it. I don't care really. Like I said. The group's in the first go around are going to be the same ones buying the licensing and growing. They are obviously the ones that can.It's obvious. I guess the smart thing would be figure out the names and compare if this passes.

Again, the link I provided leads to not only the group's FAQ, but a summary of the petition and the full petition language which the signatures will be collected for, any of which would more than likely answer many of your questions if you took the time to read it.

But if you don't care, as you claim, then why bother to even comment about it in the first place? If you don't want to actually bother to read the proposal before you go off on some tangent against it, that is your business, but don't cop a fucking attitude when someone addresses the issues you raised, you look like an ass when you do.

Again, the link I provided leads to not only the group's FAQ, but a summary of the petition and the full petition language which the signatures will be collected for, any of which would more than likely answer many of your questions if you took the time to read it.

But if you don't care, as you claim, then why bother to even comment about it in the first place? If you don't want to actually bother to read the proposal before you go off on some tangent against it, that is your business, but don't cop a fucking attitude when someone addresses the issues you raised, you look like an ass when you do.

tangent?

Don't live in Ohio said my peace on what I would question down the road, pretty sure I made that clear. So stating my opinion makes me look like an ass? Gotchya. I was thinking starting a anti religion thread once a week did that. Carry on. ,

Saw a documentary on TV, in California, where medical pot is legal...

they had this giant warehouse of confiscated illegal weed, equipment, etc.

Hard to tell the difference between illegal growing and legal growing.

What a mess.

Archived