THE BROWNS BOARD

Being a lifelong Browns' Fan CAN have advantages...

Canton Mike

At one point, my avatar was a picture of Alfred E Neuman, the "What, me worry?" guy from Mad Magazine. As a young, poor, inner city kid, I chose to face everything in life with that extreme optimism (a strong faith has helped too), including Vietnam & my beloved Browns, knowing that there is positive in every negative & I think it's healthy to look for, and dwell on, the positive. My reward follows:

Had my annual physical today...weight down, BP (as always) 115 over 70, all other stuff normal & only change is that, even though already in good range, my "bad cholesterol" is trending DOWNWARD. All this while still being totally medicine free & eating & drinking whatever the hell I want!!! Life is good....so is beer, red meat, bacon, sausage, BBQ, Pizza, fried fish, buffalo wings, Slim Jims, BBQ chips, cookies, twinkies, peanut butter fudge, apple pie, rhubarb pie, & several other less healthy food items that I consume in large doses (I salt almost EVERYTHING, including pizza & McDonalds burgers & fries). All this in my 70th year. My wife just shook her head, laughed, & said "I know what he EATS & DRINKS!". Frank (my Doc) just laughs & reminds me I'm a rarity. I think it's all attitude. I know this was lengthy, but I just wanted to make my point that being positive can be healthy, not only for us, but for our Browns.

The Browns have taught me "unconditional love".

Mike

At one point, my avatar was a picture of Alfred E Neuman, the "What, me worry?" guy from Mad Magazine. As a young, poor, inner city kid, I chose to face everything in life with that extreme optimism (a strong faith has helped too), including Vietnam & my beloved Browns, knowing that there is positive in every negative & I think it's healthy to look for, and dwell on, the positive. My reward follows:

Had my annual physical today...weight down, BP (as always) 115 over 70, all other stuff normal & only change is that, even though already in good range, my "bad cholesterol" is trending DOWNWARD. All this while still being totally medicine free & eating & drinking whatever the hell I want!!! Life is good....so is beer, red meat, bacon, sausage, BBQ, Pizza, fried fish, buffalo wings, Slim Jims, BBQ chips, cookies, twinkies, peanut butter fudge, apple pie, rhubarb pie, & several other less healthy food items that I consume in large doses (I salt almost EVERYTHING, including pizza & McDonalds burgers & fries). All this in my 70th year. My wife just shook her head, laughed, & said "I know what he EATS & DRINKS!". Frank (my Doc) just laughs & reminds me I'm a rarity. I think it's all attitude. I know this was lengthy, but I just wanted to make my point that being positive can be healthy, not only for us, but for our Browns.

Mike

LOL Mike, congrats on the good Lab work. Ya know, when you get on the high side of 65, it doesn't matter anymore what the labs say- IMHO we've beaten the odds, and so what if you drop dead tomorrow.

Preventative medicine these days is so over the top, it's just plain silly. (Don't get me started on the Zika scare) The only thing I'm buying is if you have high blood pressure, get it down. People getting colonoscopies with no family history of colon cancer are getting Endoscopists rich.

+1

LOL!+4 It's all in the genes Mike whether it's health or Browns. :D My intention is to out live you (begin my 70th year next month). My youngest grandparent to die was 86, oldest 98. Always been an Aggie fan and believe me, like the Browns, it builds character (or characters maybe too ;) ). And the 45 years since Vietnam is all icing on the cake that was unexpected, but certainly appreciated warts and all. No such thing as rain on this parade. Just glad to be in it still, even if a bit wet from time to time. Sounds like you too. :D

LOL!+4 It's all in the genes Mike whether it's health or Browns. :D My intention is to out live you (begin my 70th year next month). My youngest grandparent to die was 86, oldest 98. Always been an Aggie fan and believe me, like the Browns, it builds character (or characters maybe too ;) ). And the 45 years since Vietnam is all icing on the cake that was unexpected, but certainly appreciated warts and all. No such thing as rain on this parade. Just glad to be in it still, even if a bit wet from time to time. Sounds like you too. :D

My grandfather will be 90 this year. The other grandfather will be 99. Long life runs in the men in my family!

My mother has been on Hospice 3 times, this is the third. She will be 91 on March 11. My father died at 68 from Lung Cancer. I was exposed to Agent Orange and Asbestos but hopefully will not develop any cancer from it. I'm on BP meds, but nothing else. Weight is good, so is blood sugar. I never get cocky about health cause you never know what will happen tomorrow.

Grandpa Tour made it to 99, but no other grandparent made it out of their 80's and one never saw his 70's...

Had my annual physical today...weight down, BP (as always) 115 over 70, all other stuff normal & only change is that, even though already in good range, my "bad cholesterol" is trending DOWNWARD.

If you ever want to borrow a cup of cholesterol, drop me a PM. Genetically predisposed in the other direction. Mom never clocked in under 300 HDL and ate Fish and veggies most of her golden years... unbuttered...

Bob Hope's reflections on:

• On turning 70: "You still chase women, but only downhill."
  • On turning 80: "That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing."
  • On turning 90: "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."
  • On turning 100: "I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap."
  • On going to heaven: "I've done benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality."

Mike

Mike I'm extremely glad to see a great and healthy check up! Burning the candle at both ends isn't all its cracked up to be. Unless you have gift of family healthiness to get away with it!!!

Live long and prosper! GO BROWNS

Ag, It appears we are 2 peas in a pod! LOL

Let's you & I just keep laughin' at the aging process. I get people saying "you don't look or act like a 69 year old" & I ask how I'm supposed to look or act?

Anytime you get to Ohio, shoot me a PM.

Mike

I'm all for living to a ripe old age but not thinking I would want to make it past 100 though.

I'd be ok with it as long as I could still make it to my Browns' seats, fish with the great or great-great Grandkids, & laugh.

Mike

Ag, It appears we are 2 peas in a pod! LOL

Let's you & I just keep laughin' at the aging process. I get people saying "you don't look or act like a 69 year old" & I ask how I'm supposed to look or act?

Anytime you get to Ohio, shoot me a PM.

Mike

My white haired A&M classmates do not think it funny that my hair is still almost as black as it was as a teen. I have to point out the few silver ones that go from root to tip to prove i don't color it. I just say, "It's just the genes boys, just the genes." :lol:

If I come that way I'd like to meet you and several other of the BB crew. At the moment I stay pretty busy with grandkids and visits with 4 siblings & families.

color it. I just say, "It's just the genes boys, just the genes." :lol:

If I come that way I'd like to meet you and several other of the BB crew. At the moment I stay pretty busy with grandkids and visits with 4 siblings & families.

Understood. We have 7 Grandkids, 4 local & 3 in San Antonio. Looks like we will be flying down for the oldest Granddaughters high school graduation in a few months. A stop at Rudy's Country Store & BBQ is a must.

Mike

Understood. We have 7 Grandkids, 4 local & 3 in San Antonio. Looks like we will be flying down for the oldest Granddaughters high school graduation in a few months. A stop at Rudy's Country Store & BBQ is a must.

Mike

Give me a call when you're here. I live between Austin and SA. You have my number.

Good to hear about the clean bill of health Mike....so you're as fit as you look.....ageless, especially in your lava lava.. :)

Mike were you a Captain for the Browns? Have no fear the new analytics FO boys have come to the rescue. :lol:

https://youtu.be/2dlCyH4g6yo?t=2m38s

Mike

God bless ya Mike!

I may be old. I may be tired. But that doesn't mean, I'm uninspired. When my doctor is telling me why I'm on half the inventory at CVS I can finally tell him "that's not what Canton Mike says."

Me, I do take just one little pill, a mild one, for blood pressure.

I wouldn't have to, except Canton Mike's chip dip is too peppery,

and he keeps disagreeing with me about the draft.... :mad:

Me, I do take just one little pill, a mild one, for blood pressure.

I wouldn't have to, except Canton Mike's chip dip is too peppery,

and he keeps disagreeing with me about the draft.... :mad:

I DO like some heat in my food. Capsicum is good for ya!

As far as arguing with you, that's EASY! Your idea of a BIG WR is 5'10". :wacko:

Mike

So you're just a snotty nosed little bastard then? ^_^

Now THAT'S funny! We'll teach these smart alecky young whippersnappers! :D

Mike, one of the ole bastards....and proud of it. LOL

being a lifelong brown's fan means you're predetermined to die a bitter old alcoholic found dead on the toilet clutching an italian combo with a rum and coke in a sippy cup on the sink next to you. cause of death: heart attack straining to take a shit through the constipation brought on by years of opioid abuse.

elvis.jpg

nah, just kidding. browns fans could sit outside and watch an A bomb go off, get a nice tan and brush off the dust of everything else that used to be while we go get another drink and another italian combo.

Archived