THE BROWNS BOARD

Combine interviews: Goff vs. Wentz

sdballis

Don't know if this deserves its own thread or if it can be moved to the "Camp Goff/Wentz" threads. Up to you, mods.

"Sources with the Cleveland Browns say Jared Goff's interview was poor. He was very nervous. On Carson Wentz they say 'Stud. Absolute Stud.'" - Charlie Campbell, WalterFootball.com

I know "everyone" loved Goff's on-field work and Wentz was certainly up there with him, but Goff is pretty locked in as the best prospect at this point. Does a great interview sway our FO to take Wentz or do you stick with the on-field performance and go with Goff?

"Sources" scare the hell outta me. I think we all know how many times those reports have been proven to be inaccurate.

I'll wait for the official word from the Browns, which I expect on April 28th.

Mike

"Sources" scare the hell outta me. I think we all know how many times those reports have been proven to be inaccurate.

More than that... if there is any truth to this, then, as I have said in the past, our FO now led by Sashi has to ferret out these "sources" and show them the door.

Nothing.... abso-fucking-lutely nothing should be seeping out the the FO that is not full on, smoke-and-mirrors bullshit...

I'm slightly hesitant of anyone not feeling some nerves. The young man is in the middle of the biggest interviews of his life.

I don't think that Wentz's apparent "lack" of nerves is a bad thing just as much as I don't believe that Goff's "poor" interview is a bad thing.

Goff comes off a slight bit cocky and sure of himself - there is nothing wrong with that. It's a needed attribute to a certain extent.

Wentz comes off as confident and collected - there is nothing wrong with that. It's a needed attribute to a certain extent.

I'm honestly comfortable with either one of these guys. Goff has that Tom Brady-like west coast swagger, while Wentz has that down-to-earth midwestern likability.

Don't disagree, but wasn't until a reddit thread that I realized Goff is 2 years younger than Wentz. Helped explain/explain away the poise gap that I think was evident when each had a mic shoved in his face.

Yeah, they're always doing "headers" or some such. :lol:

... which apparently gives rise to their own concussion/head trauma issues...

Yep, there's some concussion stuff going on these days. Also, it's not uncommon to see someone trying to head the ball while someone is trying to kick it. That doesn't end well. You should see some of the noses of former defensive players

Steve-Bruce-Sunderland-Fa-007.jpg

stevo.jpg

The-Wolverhampton-manager-001.jpg

Man, English men are just ugly. And I see that with a Costanza-like unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality.

Paul, you'd be ugly too if you got kicked in the nose or got it shoved in the turf a couple dozen times a month! LOL

Some American football fans make fun of soccer players, but full speed, unpadded collisions ain't for sissies!

Mike

I wrestled and did BJJ and judo later on. I did my best to protect my ears. Listening through cinnamon buns by choice seemed pretty goofy to me.

I got henpecked a lot. Does terrible damage to the ears, but you just can't see it. :ph34r:

Man, English men are just ugly. And I say that with a Costanza-like unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality.

Unblemished???

Archived