THE BROWNS BOARD

Park your tents

gftChris

Who do you draft?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Tunsil goes first, who do you draft?

• Bosa
    • Goff
    • Wentz
    • Jack
    • Ramsey
    • Trade down

better to draft the best offensive player in the draft = quarterback.

The draft is deep in DL, lbs, cb's,...

you watch on draft morning, pick #2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better to draft the best offensive player in the draft = quarterback.

The draft is deep in DL, lbs, cb's,...

you watch on draft morning, pick #2

Morning - it'll be about 1am for me.

But for once I agree with you calblaze - there's a big drop off in QB talent, it's a WR poor draft, and very deep in DL/DB. It makes much more sense to go QB first and D on day two.

If we pick a QB at 2 and he is indeed the next former QB, we're only set back a couple of years - are we set any further back now than when we drafted Manziel 2 years ago? How about then compared to Weeden in 2012?

That being said, I'd move back a couple of spots to pick up a second or a first.

Kind of answered your own question? lol We went 3-13 this season and missing on both of the turds at #22 is one of the reasons why.... Also, a 1st QB off the board, #2 pick is way different than a second selection in the 1st, #22 QB. So much more will be expected from him, it's not even realistic to compare them.

Kind of answered your own question? lol We went 3-13 this season and missing on both of the turds at #22 is one of the reasons why.... Also, a 1st QB off the board, #2 pick is way different than a second selection in the 1st, #22 QB. So much more will be expected from him, it's not even realistic to compare them.

So, not exactly setting us back 5 years, was my point. More like 2.

So, not exactly setting us back 5 years, was my point. More like 2.

.95' to 16' ........... Looks like 21 to me :( My point being is if we take one of these dudes at 2, then he better be the next Cam or Andrew, or we'll just keep going around the toilet bowl in circles................ Here's to hoping the jump from NDS to the NFL is a tiny one.

Gotta love the combine.

Morning - it'll be about 1am for me.

But for once I agree with you calblaze - there's a big drop off in QB talent, it's a WR poor draft, and very deep in DL/DB. It makes much more sense to go QB first and D on day two.

Depth perception has shifted lately. This "weak" QB class is now judged to have not only 2 solid ones leading the way, but more Depth than average. It's possible we'll see 4 go in the 1st and likely 7 in the first two rounds.

WRs look pretty lean after the Combine. Ditto the TEs.

OTs look good although a couple of the top ones elude me. More than made up for by some Day 2 prospects. Interoior OL kinda lean, but love a couple.

DTs are the flat out strength of the draft including some outstanding 3-4 DE conversion candidates. Edge are good, but hurt by injuries.

OLs are disappointing. Ragland falling inside and beyond top couple OLBs not much, but I have taken to Schobert.

CBs may be as deep as I can remember. Safeties??? Not so much...

Depth perception has shifted lately. This "weak" QB class is now judged to have not only 2 solid ones leading the way, but more Depth than average. It's possible we'll see 4 go in the 1st and likely 7 in the first two rounds.

Someone on Twitter said the same thing about the "weak" QB class in this year 's draft.

That same person (I think it was Charlie Casserly) said that Goff graded out better than Mariota.

Hue knows Qb's and so therefore, I trust him to know what he wants in a QB. Maybe he's in love with Osweiler so we go all in to sign him away from Denver...I don't see that happening but it's possible...whoever Hue wants as QB will be most likely the best QB we've had since Couch.

Hue knows Qb's and so therefore, I trust him to know what he wants in a QB. Maybe he's in love with Osweiler so we go all in to sign him away from Denver...I don't see that happening but it's possible...whoever Hue wants as QB will be most likely the best QB we've had since Couch.

This is my take as well. I trust that Hue will know better than any of us as to what a good QB looks like.

Someone on Twitter said the same thing about the "weak" QB class in this year 's draft.

That same person (I think it was Charlie Casserly) said that Goff graded out better than Mariota.

And so he did...

MM graded out at 6.38 - http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/marcus-mariota?id=2552466

JG graded out at 6.73 - http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jared-goff?id=2555334

Wonder how much affect Hue's decision will weigh on his former coaching back at Cal. You would think he's got the full school book, practice tapes etc.. on Goff more than Wentz?

In the words of the old Knight in Indy and the Last Crusade.... "You have chosen wisely."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640859/article/jerry-jones-cowboys-wont-draft-qb-with-no-4-overall-pick

Cowboys won't draft a QB at #4...take it as you will, it's silly season after all.

I believe in Jerrah... and Jerrah thinks Romo will play forever...

Wonder how much affect Hue's decision will weigh on his former coaching back at Cal. You would think he's got the full school book, practice tapes etc.. on Goff more than Wentz?

Except for Goff's body of work being thicker... Who knows?

Archived