THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to DUMP TRUMP

calfoxwc

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, edward the feebleminded.. seriously? You can't distinguish content from

the article, from your hate for Glenn Beck.

Here's another link. Read it before you emotionally knee jerk and break you nose or something.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200212/17_mccalluml_venturalegacy/

As Gov. Jesse Ventura prepares to leave office, he ends a term that saw one of the most dramatic four-year shifts in Minnesota's financial picture. Ventura inherited a $4 billion surplus, and leaves office with the state facing a $4.5 billion deficit

No I got what the article was saying, it's just terribly stupid and biased so I didn't deem it worthy of a response.

- Ventura was popular

- Trump is popular

- Ventura was bad, therefore Trump will be bad

- Vote for Ted Cruz unless you want JESSE VENTURA to be president. Ronald Reagan is god, Cruz will be god v2.

This guy is also propagating the idea that Ted Cruz isn't the establishment, but he is the establishment.

The establishment in the GOP are desperate to stop Trump. I think they are real concerned about Trump getting blown out in the general election to Clinton as well as causing republican senators and congressman to lose too. That is my take on it but I have never seen anything like this where a candidates own party is working so hard against him.

Silicon Valley may be a bastion of liberals, but the threat of a Donald Trump presidency had some of technology’s biggest names meeting behind closed doors with members of the Republican elite.

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO Larry Page, billionaire Facebook investor Sean Parker and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk met with GOP officials last weekend to talk about stopping the mogul-turned-reality-star from becoming president, according to a report by The Huffington Post, citing people familiar with the event.

Attendees included Republican strategist Karl Rove, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, New York Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger and Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, who also had a tense debate with Apple’s Cook over the company’s fight with the FBI over a terrorist’s locked iPhone.

But the meeting’s highlight was Rove presenting focus group findings about Trump, which indicated that the frontrunner’s biggest weakness is that voters have difficulty envisioning him as “presidential” or a role model for children.

Much of the conversation around Trump centered on how his momentum reached the point where he became the presumptive nominee, rather than how to stop him, the report said, citing sources familiar with the meeting.

Apple, Alphabet, Facebook, Tesla and the New York Times didn’t immediately respond to TheWrap’s messages seeking comment. Representatives for Rove, McConnell and Cotton also didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Disagree with the reason that you think they're so against Trump.

It has nothing to do with Clinton, otherwise they'd prop up their front runner instead of talking third party and constantly attacking him.

Everybody on the GOP side can beat Clinton except for Cruz and probably Carson, just because of the baggage she has.

Karl Rove is the face of the GOP establishment. They are going all out to defeat Trump because they not only think he will get beat by Clinton but cost the republicans seats in the House and Senate. They are not too thrilled with Cruz either.

Karl Rove: If Trump is nominee, GOP will lose White House and Senate

The Republican Party will lose the White House, the Senate and many of its House seats if Donald Trump becomes the party's presidential nominee, according to Karl Rove.

“If Mr. Trump is its standard-bearer, the GOP will lose the White House and the Senate, and its majority in the House will fall dramatically,” the Republican wrote in an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal.

Rove, who was a top adviser to former President George W. Bush, said nominating Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for president could also be dangerous.

“If the nominee is Ted Cruz the situation is still dicey,” he wrote.

“Any of the other candidates, if nominated, will best Mrs. Clinton in a close race and help the GOP narrowly keep the Senate,” Rove added, referring to Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265223-karl-rove-trump-would-cost-gop-the-wh-senate

Karl Rove is the face of the GOP establishment. They are going all out to defeat Trump because they not only think he will get beat by Clinton but cost the republicans seats in the House and Senate. They are not too thrilled with Cruz either.

Karl Rove: If Trump is nominee, GOP will lose White House and Senate

The Republican Party will lose the White House, the Senate and many of its House seats if Donald Trump becomes the party's presidential nominee, according to Karl Rove.

“If Mr. Trump is its standard-bearer, the GOP will lose the White House and the Senate, and its majority in the House will fall dramatically,” the Republican wrote in an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal.

Rove, who was a top adviser to former President George W. Bush, said nominating Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for president could also be dangerous.

“If the nominee is Ted Cruz the situation is still dicey,” he wrote.

“Any of the other candidates, if nominated, will best Mrs. Clinton in a close race and help the GOP narrowly keep the Senate,” Rove added, referring to Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265223-karl-rove-trump-would-cost-gop-the-wh-senate

The same thing will happen if they do a brokered convention and pick a candidate who is not Trump.

Without Carson and Kasich, Trump would have lost Super-Tuesday and the following Saturday decisively

Now that Super-Tuesday is over, many are thinking: if only the anti-Trump vote were not divided. How serious the issue is can be seen in the Super-Tuesday results: Trump won three states by margins of only 2-3%, but Ben Carson’s average vote was 6.5% per state, and Kasich’s 8.5%. Neither had any chance of winning the nomination, but had either one dropped out before Super Tuesday, Trump’s 7 wins out of 11 would probably have been 7 losses out of 11. A good night for him would have been turned into a serious setback. It’s worth stressing the fact that Trump’s vote total was low enough to have brought him a major defeat. All that made the difference between his making good progress toward the nomination and being stalled was the vanity of two men who refused to face the reality that they had long since become irrelevant to the race.

The pattern repeated itself three days ago on Saturday. Then Trump and Cruz won 2 states each, but Trump’s wins in Louisiana and Kentucky were only by 3 and 4 points respectively. If only half of Kasich’s vote had gone to Cruz, Trump would have lost all four states. Kasich staying in made a potential disaster for Trump -- a four state sweep by Cruz -- into a tie. Trump is not running away with the nomination: it is being handed to him by narcissists so in love with themselves that they are blind to their own best interests, let alone the country’s.

If Kasich stays in, pointlessly splitting the vote on winner-take-all day -- March 15 -- he could hand as many as 300 winner-take-all delegates to Trump, and that could clinch the nomination. That would be the height of irresponsibility by a man who evidently thinks that he has a right to indulge his fantasies whatever the damage to the party and country. If Trump wins with vote totals that show Kasich’s self-absorption to be the decisive factor, he will surely wake up from his delusions to find himself a leper within the party.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/03/without_carson_and_kasich_trump_would_have_lost_supertuesday_and_the_following_saturday_decisively.html

Rubio needs to drop out - and probably Kasich.....

in a brokered convention, whatever. What a mess.

The republican establishment genius's are delusional and think either establishment candidate Kasich or Rubio can get the nomination in a brokered or contested convention. They are living on another planet and that goes for Rubio and Kasich if they think that would happen. There is only one way to beat Trump now and that is Kasich and Rubio getting out of the race now letting Trump and Cruz go head to head. Splitting the vote has won Trump many states so far. The only problem for the establishment GOP is they dislike Cruz even more than Trump so it is a lose lose situation for Mitch McConnell, Karl Rove and that gang.

Neither Chris Christie nor Carly fiorina our beloved figures within the Republican Party. Forcing either Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio on the voters will piss off the Donald Trump voters and they will most likely stay home.

John Kasich is running for vice president, nothing more.

I would guess in a general election the Donald Trump coalition is bigger then the Evangelical vote.

WSS

The republican establishment genius's are delusional and think either establishment candidate Kasich or Rubio can get the nomination in a brokered or contested convention. They are living on another planet and that goes for Rubio and Kasich if they think that would happen. There is only one way to beat Trump now and that is Kasich and Rubio getting out of the race now letting Trump and Cruz go head to head. Splitting the vote has won Trump many states so far. The only problem for the establishment GOP is they dislike Cruz even more than Trump so it is a lose lose situation for Mitch McConnell, Karl Rove and that gang.

The biggest problem with Cruz is that he's going to get BTFO in OH, FL, NY, CA, PA, IL, WI, CT, MD, DE, etc, etc.

He can only win closed caucuses/primaries in the bible belt - and mostly Trump is still winning more evangelicals than Cruz.

And they don't dislike him more than Trump, not by a longshot. The big banks and such are behind Cruz, the establishment will be too after FL/OH.

The republican establishment genius's are delusional and think either establishment candidate Kasich or Rubio can get the nomination in a brokered or contested convention. OBF

That is true. I don't really know how a brokered convention works. I suppose rubio and Kasich, and Carson,

can tell their delegates to support one candidate over trump, which might give Cruz enough votes to win

the nomination. Trump needs 1200+ to win it outright. Regardless, republican voters are sending a clear message

to the rep establishment - "you haven't been listening, and you cowards are playing footsie with the nasty dems,

and you won't stand up for us". It's the rep establishment that has caused all this alienation to themselves.

and the dems.... they want their free stuff, free ride, and their college kid stoned utopia pie in the sky nonsense,...

they are not even an American political party anymore, and can't field a legit nominee to save themselves.

The biggest problem with Cruz is that he's going to get BTFO in OH, FL, NY, CA, PA, IL, WI, CT, MD, DE, etc, etc.

He can only win closed caucuses/primaries in the bible belt - and mostly Trump is still winning more evangelicals than Cruz.

And they don't dislike him more than Trump, not by a longshot. The big banks and such are behind Cruz, the establishment will be too after FL/OH.

New Poll Shows Rubio, Cruz Both Beat Trump One-on-One

There’s good news and bad news for Donald Trump, Republican presidential front-runner, in the new ABC News/Washington Post poll.

The good news is he still leads the pack, nine points ahead of his closest competitor. The bad news is either senator still in the Republican presidential race, Ted Cruz of Texas or Marco Rubio of Florida, would easily beat him in a head-to-head matchup.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-08/new-poll-shows-rubio-cruz-both-beat-trump-one-on-one

If you forget the poll, Trump is winning in a landslide.

You can't assume everybody voting Kasich, Rubio, or Cruz is not going to go for Trump either. That fiction has been disspelled.

Trump-Cruz 1-on-1 will happen 1 week from today anyway - with a bunch of trump-supporting states coming after that (including New York, with their "new york" values and such)

If you forget the poll, Trump is winning in a landslide.

You can't assume everybody voting Kasich, Rubio, or Cruz is not going to go for Trump either. That fiction has been disspelled.

Trump-Cruz 1-on-1 will happen 1 week from today anyway - with a bunch of trump-supporting states coming after that (including New York, with their "new york" values and such)

Without Carson and Kasich, Trump would have lost Super-Tuesday and the following Saturday decisively

Now that Super-Tuesday is over, many are thinking: if only the anti-Trump vote were not divided. How serious the issue is can be seen in the Super-Tuesday results: Trump won three states by margins of only 2-3%, but Ben Carson’s average vote was 6.5% per state, and Kasich’s 8.5%. Neither had any chance of winning the nomination, but had either one dropped out before Super Tuesday, Trump’s 7 wins out of 11 would probably have been 7 losses out of 11. A good night for him would have been turned into a serious setback. It’s worth stressing the fact that Trump’s vote total was low enough to have brought him a major defeat. All that made the difference between his making good progress toward the nomination and being stalled was the vanity of two men who refused to face the reality that they had long since become irrelevant to the race.

The pattern repeated itself three days ago on Saturday. Then Trump and Cruz won 2 states each, but Trump’s wins in Louisiana and Kentucky were only by 3 and 4 points respectively. If only half of Kasich’s vote had gone to Cruz, Trump would have lost all four states. Kasich staying in made a potential disaster for Trump -- a four state sweep by Cruz -- into a tie. Trump is not running away with the nomination: it is being handed to him by narcissists so in love with themselves that they are blind to their own best interests, let alone the country’s.

If Kasich stays in, pointlessly splitting the vote on winner-take-all day -- March 15 -- he could hand as many as 300 winner-take-all delegates to Trump, and that could clinch the nomination. That would be the height of irresponsibility by a man who evidently thinks that he has a right to indulge his fantasies whatever the damage to the party and country. If Trump wins with vote totals that show Kasich’s self-absorption to be the decisive factor, he will surely wake up from his delusions to find himself a leper within the party.

http://www.americant...decisively.html

Forgive me but I disagree with the american thinker blogger.

Cruz drops out - Trump gets more support

Rubio drops out - Trump gets more support

Kasich drops out - Trump gets more support

Even when Bush dropped out, Trump got more support - and he beat the s*** out of Bush's political aspirations.

Forgive me but I disagree with the american thinker blogger.

Cruz drops out - Trump gets more support

Rubio drops out - Trump gets more support

Kasich drops out - Trump gets more support

Even when Bush dropped out, Trump got more support - and he beat the s*** out of Bush's political aspirations.

And you disagree with the new ABC/Wash Post poll that head to head both Cruz and Rubio beats Trump easily?

I have pretty much resigned myself to Trump being the republican nominee. Cruz has an outside shot but he lost a number of southern states he was counting on and though he looks better than Rubio or Kasich right now with his delegate count I don't see the map favoring him going forward. It would be interesting though if it got down to a two man race. Rubio and Kasich are staying in until they see whether they can win their home state. I see little possibility for Rubio winning Florida but Kasich is a popular governor and could beat Trump in Ohio. But then what? He is so far behind he can only hope to get the nomination on a brokered convention.

The question I have is Trump able to win in a general election? Can he get enough new voters and cross over democratic voters to overcome what would probably be a massive turnout by minorities to stop him. And then even in the republican party are there going to be some who won't vote for Trump? I have talked to some of them. In Trump's favor could the democrats run a worse candidate than Hillary Clinton?

It will be an interesting election. I think concern about Trump getting blown out in the general election is what is motivating the GOP establishment to try and stop him. It's all about self preservation and saving their jobs. They are worried not only Trump will lose badly but he will take many republican senate and house seats with him.

I have pretty much resigned myself to Trump being the republican nominee. Cruz has an outside shot but he lost a number of southern states he was counting on and though he looks better than Rubio or Kasich right now with his delegate count I don't see the map favoring him going forward. It would be interesting though if it got down to a two man race. Rubio and Kasich are staying in until they see whether they can win their home state. I see little possibility for Rubio winning Florida but Kasich is a popular governor and could beat Trump in Ohio. But then what? He is so far behind he can only hope to get the nomination on a brokered convention.

The question I have is Trump able to win in a general election? Can he get enough new voters and cross over democratic voters to overcome what would probably be a massive turnout by minorities to stop him. And then even in the republican party are there going to be some who won't vote for Trump? I have talked to some of them. In Trump's favor could the democrats run a worse candidate than Hillary Clinton?

It will be an interesting election. I think concern about Trump getting blown out in the general election is what is motivating the GOP establishment to try and stop him. It's all about self preservation and saving their jobs. They are worried not only Trump will lose badly but he will take many republican senate and house seats with him.

Well that will happen for sure if they screw him after he wins a majority.

WSS

Well that will happen for sure if they screw him after he wins a majority.

WSS

Yes it would. Politicians by nature are a bigly selfish ambitious bunch. The establishment could spend 10 times as millions of dollars in negative ads against Trump that would be dud missiles in bringing him down. Trump has a core voter base of 35 up to 40 percent with 60-65 percent opposed to him. That vote gets split amongst the rest of the republican candidates,. For all the talk from the candidates about Trump being disastrous for the country none of the candidates have been dropping out yet to get a one on one match with Trump that is the only legitimate way to keep him from winning the nomination.

Kasich and Rubio are delusional to think they can take away the nomination from Trump in a brokered convention. As Trump's nomination looks inevitable some are jumping on his bandwagon including Carson today (which was a big disappointment to me). The ones jumping on the bandwagon now are probably in it for themselves with a VP spot or cabinet position.

Depending on how many electoral volts are left if John Kasich is able to take Ohio that at least keep him in the game but he would need a huge fourth quarter to get to the popular vote. Not sure the clinch number is available.

But Rubio would have to drop out and Kasich would have to wipe the floor Ted Cruz from here on out.

WSS

Archived