THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden has ankle surgery

sdballis

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15009370/joe-haden-cleveland-browns-ankle-surgery-training-camp

The Cleveland Browns announced Friday that cornerback Joe Hadenunderwent ankle surgery this week and should be ready for the start of the 2016 season.

Haden underwent surgery on his left ankle Wednesday, the team said. The injury occurred in Week 8 against the Arizona Cardinals.

He is expected to resume football activities sometime during training camp, with the expectation that he will be ready by Week 1 of this upcoming season, the team said.

Haden, who turns 27 next month, played in just five games last season as numerous injuries (concussion, rib, finger, ankle) kept him inactive for most of the season. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve on Dec. 14 after he couldn't clear the NFL's concussion protocol.

He was cleared from the protocol on Jan. 12.

Hayden, a two-time Pro Bowl selection, has started 69 of the 77 games he has played for the Browns since the team selected him seventh overall in the 2010 draft. He has 16 career interceptions.

Hopefully this won't make his play worse than his last season's performance...... Hard to imagine it could get much worse, even with a full amputation.

Just a veteran looking to avoid training camp....

I snagged a Joe Haden jersey at the Austin Rodeo last night for throwing a spiral through thr middle of a star. Paid $80 for my and a date's tickets. So the night pretty much paid for itself.

Was it a Dallas star you traitor? :P

Why, oh why, do players wait so long to have "off-season" surgery?

That's exactly what I was thinking. How many months post injury is March if it happened way back in week 8? If I was hellbent on having a good season following injury/disappointment for a team that generously paid me for my commitment - I'd have surgery early enough to where I could rehab it right for the much needed conditioning to follow. Doctors and physical therapists might disagree my philosophy due to the amount of wear and tear as season ahead will put him through. Joe's dad is/was a Personal Trainer that probably also reminded him muscle has memory.

There's also a part of me that wonders if he doesn't share Alex Mack's impatience with the never ending changes at the top since he's been here. I could be wrong, especially because the ankle shows us he wasn't only trying to play through concussions.

Archived