THE BROWNS BOARD

Dansby to Bengals

KillerInstinct3

Mostly a pending opinion till we start getting a full picture of this "building thru draft with analytics" on 4-28-16. We see where all the needs are. I would think they would also involve possible FA's we may lose after next season. But one thing clearly that has not changed. Haslem & Sashi are still sitting on a pile of their cash called a 45M cap that most teams use to sprinkle in a few FA's to cover their holes before draft that they don't see filling thru draft. Sounding more like a analytic of cut players from other rosters coming in is their plan. Not a good sign yet of wanting to turn this franchise in the right direction yet, if ownership only see's it as a profit for them only.. Still time to let it play out.

I've never said I refused to give them time to let it play out. I've said analytics and professional football sounds like horseshit to me. Especially with some butt plug attorney and a baseball guy running the show . If it sounds like a brilliant scheme to you guys great. Plus I think we've kind of agreed that if it is successful it would be more in tune with picking the talents of free agents, right?

So far it sounds to me like cutting the payroll to the Bone and understanding that the owner keeps the portion of the salary cap he doesn't spend after the league minimum at least makes me stop and think for a second about it. That's been Mike Browns Mo down in Cincinnati.

And speaking of Analytics somebody on here said hey everybody in the league is using it! Well if that's true there goes our advantage if it's actually for real. The bronze sword was only an advantage until everybody had bronze swords.

On the bright side a whole bunch of rookies maturing at the same time could be a great thing. So I have not given up hope.

So what's your guess? Blue Chip quarterback at number two? Or bum in the third or fourth? round?

WSS

Honestly Steve, I think Hue thinks Hue can coach up any of these QB's up to Rd. 5. Goff is more ready than Wentz on field but Wentz seems like the right attitude to sit behind RG3. Goff's tude to me screams whiner. Build thru draft to me would be #2.Buckner/Jack #32 Derek Henry(done with Crow) #65 Cardale Jones (trust Hue on this one). I see RG3 as damage goods so it could go #2 Wentz/Goff #32 Spence/Henry than WR/OL in 3rd. One thing in this FO that I do like is they got everybody guessing including MKC..Perfect!!

I feel like Hue's QB-whisperer prowess has been overblown some.

He did some good work with raw Flacco over two years and continued Dalton's incremental development, but what else?

• Patrick Ramsey (WSH)? Fail...
  • Carson Palmer? Never coached him in Cinci; had one of his poorer seasons under Hue in Oak.
  • Joey Harrington (ATL)? Damaged goods that he coaxed a journeyman season out of...
  • Jason Campbell (OAK)? OC'd him to a decent journeyman year, before HC'ing him to a similar one in relief of the injured Palmer.

Looks to me like good work with good QBs on good teams that needed game managers. Maybe that's good enough?

I don't see the Epiphany with Dalton. Incremental is a good word just as the team incrementally improved.

The bungholes usually have a bigger window of opportunity TimeWise.

Campbell, another guy off the Redskins scrap heap, got the hook before the end of the 8 and 8 season didn't he?

WSS

Campbell, another guy off the Redskins scrap heap, got the hook before the end of the 8 and 8 season didn't he?

Sort of.... I had it backwards thinking Campbell replaced an injured Palmer...

Campbell did start the season, but in Game 6 vs. us, he was hurt (broken collarbone) and Boller came in in relief. Boller then started Game 7 vs. KC, but stunk and was pulled for Palmer who started the rest of the season.

Sort of.... I had it backwards thinking Campbell replaced an injured Palmer...

Campbell did start the season, but in Game 6 vs. us, he was hurt (broken collarbone) and Boller came in in relief. Boller then started Game 7 vs. KC, but stunk and was pulled for Palmer who started the rest of the season.

They traded a first round pick for Palmer when Campbell got hurt.

Palmer had been holding out in Cincy and Dalton was doing well as a rookie.

Palmer was Hue's boy from USC and Cincy.

But they were carrying three QBs all season because they had a rookie project named Terrelle Pryor

Cambell/Boller/Pryor - Palmer/Boller/Pryor

Zombo

Archived