THE BROWNS BOARD

Dansby to Bengals

KillerInstinct3

I like this move. We employ him when he is two years younger, and then play against him when he is two years older and falling apart.

Can we get Whitner to the Steelers?

Zombo

I like this move. We employ him when he is two years younger, and then play against him when he is two years older and falling apart.

Zombo

Whitner still good. But yes we need to replace him too

Zombo

Whitner is like 5 years younger than Dansby. I believe Dansby is 35, Whitner 30.

Demario Davis is considered better than all of them.

That's all well and good. How many first-rate starters do you think we're going to squeeze out of this draft? And how many holes do we need to fill?

We will be stretching our luck pretty thin to expect two decent starters. Wing and a prayer for 3.

WSS

That's all well and good. How many first-rate starters do you think we're going to squeeze out of this draft? And how many holes do we need to fill?

We will be stretching our luck pretty thin to expect two decent starters. Wing and a prayer for 3.

WSS

I expect no less than 10 first rate starters. I expect this draft to match the Steelers 1974 draft and produce 4 Hall of Famers.

(Why should I shoot low on my expectations?)

I expect no less than 10 first rate starters. I expect this draft to match the Steelers 1974 draft and produce 4 Hall of Famers.

Then your alarm clock rings and you wake up

WSS

as usual, but hey, we got algorithms and analytics...

das right, we got the analytics that will get us there...no problemo.....heheheheeee...

Dansby can suck it. He's going to Cincy as depth for when Vontaze, a real grown ass nigga, goes on suspension. Soon as Vontaze comes back, barring no one else got hurt....bet you Dansby gets cut. It's a one year deal. Not the bengals need it, but he's there primarily to tell them all about the Browns D and how they can coast even more and still beat us handily. It's a no lose for them. But yeah he ain't gonna be no big part of that defense. They're 2nd stringers are all still better than him.

Dansby can suck it. He's going to Cincy as depth for when Vontaze, a real grown ass nigga, goes on suspension. Soon as Vontaze comes back, barring no one else got hurt....bet you Dansby gets cut. It's a one year deal. Not the bengals need it, but he's there primarily to tell them all about the Browns D and how they can coast even more and still beat us handily. It's a no lose for them. But yeah he ain't gonna be no big part of that defense. They're 2nd stringers are all still better than him.

Except though, I believe Dansby never played in Ray Horton's defense. So that would be a superfluous move.

until somebody prove that it works. My new motto: show me or blow me.

Whose definition of "it" are you using? Yours - or Hue's?

Hint: They're not equal.

This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

This is, in fact, the crux of the issue. By remaining non-specific, you can always assert that they "never showed you."

"IT" can be judged by wins & losses.

"It" in this particular case would be Analytics in professional football. Didn't realize it was so unclear.

I could be wrong, I hope I am.

WSS

"IT" can be judged by wins & losses.

So Hue's ingame coaching choices have zero to do with an analysis of part of the process to determine the players on the roster? Good to know!

If you'd bother to educate yourself on what actually is happening, you'd find that "analytics" is not making any decisions.. Hue, Sashi, and the rest sit in a room and talk every single thing out.

But keep believing whatever makes you happy!

So Hue's ingame coaching choices have zero to do with an analysis of part of the process to determine the players on the roster? Good to know!

If you'd bother to educate yourself on what actually is happening, you'd find that "analytics" is not making any decisions.. Hue, Sashi, and the rest sit in a room and talk every single thing out.

But keep believing whatever makes you happy!

Wins and losses are the ultimate metric, I really can't dumb it down anymore than that.

But you keep on believing whatever nonsense you're spewing.

Except though, I believe Dansby never played in Ray Horton's defense. So that would be a superfluous move.

ain't mean nothin, he knows the weakness's of all our guys. He knows stuff like "hey this guy likes to use this pass rush move in this situation". I mean it's probably stuff people can watch by poring over film anyway.....but why bother when you can bring in their captain right?

"It" in this particular case would be Analytics in professional football. Didn't realize it was so unclear.

I could be wrong, I hope I am.

WSS

Putting analytics aside Hue somehow won 8 games in Oakland with Jason Campbell & Terrell Pryor at QB with not much talent anywhere else. Fast Forward to Dalton that I watched live when we beat them in 2013. Since then Dalton has done nothing but get better at the QB position & thought I'd never say it but even AJ McCarron almost survived a playoff game with a win. Analytics aside Hue gives us the best shot in 20 years to solidify the QB position..

Putting analytics aside Hue somehow won 8 games in Oakland with Jason Campbell & Terrell Pryor at QB with not much talent anywhere else. Fast Forward to Dalton that I watched live when we beat them in 2013. Since then Dalton has done nothing but get better at the QB position & thought I'd never say it but even AJ McCarron almost survived a playoff game with a win. Analytics aside Hue gives us the best shot in 20 years to solidify the QB position..

Fair enough. Even though Jason Campbell was a first-round draft pick. So? My point is that I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about analytics in professional football.

Not to mention that his success has come from building a team and not from a stellar quarterback.

Fair enough. Even though Jason Campbell was a first-round draft pick. So? My point is that I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about analytics in professional football.

Not to mention that his success has come from building a team and not from a stellar quarterback.

Mostly a pending opinion till we start getting a full picture of this "building thru draft with analytics" on 4-28-16. We see where all the needs are. I would think they would also involve possible FA's we may lose after next season. But one thing clearly that has not changed. Haslem & Sashi are still sitting on a pile of their cash called a 45M cap that most teams use to sprinkle in a few FA's to cover their holes before draft that they don't see filling thru draft. Sounding more like a analytic of cut players from other rosters coming in is their plan. Not a good sign yet of wanting to turn this franchise in the right direction yet, if ownership only see's it as a profit for them only.. Still time to let it play out.

Archived