THE BROWNS BOARD

Walter Whites 2016 Mock Draft

WalterWhite

I did the first few picks. Here is what I came up with. This means we wait on our QB until 2017 and ride it out with Griffin

2. Jalen Ramsey - He becomes the QB of the defense in a division that features Antonio Brown, Tyler Eifert, and Aj Green. He's got the ability of Ed Reed/Charles Woodson and would be a critical piece for years to come. He can lay the wood, swat the ball, and do just about everything.

e95f3c4110b98d2d650f6a706700e38d_tx600.J

32. Jason Spriggs -

Fills an immediate position of need at RT and a day 1 starter. Tough as hell.

Spriggs-Spring-Game-3.jpg

65. Tyler Boyd - He's going to be the steal of the draft. Just watch.

unnamed-16.jpg

Yes, Boyd is a wr, and he would be a steal. But I think he's gone somewhere in the second.

That's the trouble. I can't see Wentz not being the pick, but Ramsey is a future all pro star. He can play

cb or safety, shutdown, ... he will be a spectacular pick. But it's a real deep cb class, and I'll stay with

Wentz.

I know Tour likes Spriggs, he's good, but I like Haeg, Wentz's left tackle, in the third or fourth round.

Probably third, or he'll be gone. I do believe Boyd would be a great pick, if he's there in the third. That would rock.

But I think he's long gone. That's the trouble with doing mocks.

Ramsey would give our defense something it sorely needs...a face. I'd say it used to be Joe Haden, but injuries and possibly age have turned him into a player facing a career crossroads. Was last year simply an anomaly caused by injuries and being on the field too much? Or was his subpar play indicative of what is to come? Further, he just went under the knife to repair an ankle injury that surfaced under somewhat questionable circumstances.

Ramsey could be our enforcer, our playmaker, and the face of an otherwise faceless defense. A guy that the opposition has to keep track of. Presnap reads would always include, "Where is Ramsey"? Is he blitzing? Covering? Lined up outside? Inside? I think he provides versatility, and just maybe Ray Horton could help this kid turn into a super star.

Im not against ramsey at 2 but that 2nd pick has to be a run stopper on the front 7. If that guy isnt projected to be there in the 2nd round than we have no choice but to use the 1st pick on him or still take ramsey but trade up into the 1st round. Run defense is priority numero uno on this team. Probably for multiple years. If we dont stop the run teams not only control our defense and run it down which is when guys get dinged....they also control what our offense does. If we have no choice but to constantly throw cause we're behind that puts the opposing def in pass rush mode. And we dont do typically handle all out pass rushing very well in clev. Love ramsey but he doesnt impact the run game in an immediate way as a dl or lb'er does.

Archived