THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Matthews serves Trump his first stumping

VaporTrail

I knew a guy that was a member of a church for a long time. The church announced they would start accepting gays in as members which upset him he turned in his resignation. He came to me for advise.

I asked him first if he tithed. He said no. I explained that he took being a member of a church too lightly for there re responsibilities that follow. You must maintain control of you finances along with you standing in the community. You can't drink at the bar then play member. But you can have a drink at the bar and go to church.

I understand where you're coming from I really do. But I feel that you're taking being a member of a church lightly. You can still be welcome and give what you can. Jesus is the reason you go not tithing.

But however the church needs not only money but a tight unified group to lean on each other. For example...

If you accept a new Pastor the members vote him in not the church goer.

And I understand where you are coming from. The church needs members to support the church and workers in the church. As a pastor I would pray about the needs of the church and trust God to supply the workers and the financial needs. I would not try and volunteer anyone for church service as I would want people doing jobs in Church where they feel God has placed them and not forced on them by the pastor. I have never been to a church that acted that way. I have held many positions in church but everyone of them was one that I signed up for and wanted to do. I found out quickly teaching teenagers was not my calling but I pray and thank God for those who have that calling as young people today are getting hit with a lot more things I ever did at their age.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I understand where you are coming from. The church needs members to support the church and workers in the church. As a pastor I would pray about the needs of the church and trust God to supply the workers and the financial needs. I would not try and volunteer anyone for church service as I would want people doing jobs in Church where they feel God has placed them and not forced on them by the pastor. I have never been to a church that acted that way. I have held many positions in church but everyone of them was one that I signed up for and wanted to do. I found out quickly teaching teenagers was not my calling but I pray and thank God for those who have that calling as young people today are getting hit with a lot more things I ever did at their age.

Amen. Hey I got to go nice chatting with you. Just for the record I'm not a member of a chuch just a church goer every now and then. I used to be a member of a church a long time ago. Maybe someday we can talk for real. God bless.

Amen. Hey I got to go nice chatting with you. Just for the record I'm not a member of a chuch just a church goer every now and then. I used to be a member of a church a long time ago. Maybe someday we can talk for real. God bless.

God bless you too Brother.

Archived