THE BROWNS BOARD

Garcia signs with Raiders

Zubba76

another nail in the "1ST ROUND QBs GET 20-25 STARTS!" coffin

Well he's played 19 games Lum... You're kinda splittin hairs here considering Jamarcus flat out sucks after that much time.

another nail in the "1ST ROUND QBs GET 20-25 STARTS!" coffin

Uhhh... JR will be the starter once the season rolls around, even if Garcia shows more in camp. With that said, it's fairly obvious that Russel isn't putting the work in. I wouldn't be surprised if he's riding the pine by week 3 or 4.

......, it's fairly obvious that Russel isn't putting the work in. I wouldn't be surprised if he's riding the pine by week 3 or 4.

Aren't we all glad that at least this decision was removed from Opie's grasp?

Right after JR got his big deal, he showed up to camp overweight and out of football shape.

To this point, I've heard nothing about extra time in the film room for JR, no extra time or off season training programs and a slew of bad games to show for it.

He's another guy with "the arm" everyone drools over and hopes turns out to be the next big thing.

JR was drafted on his arm and one good big game. Honestly I didn't think he was going to last as long as he did.

Uhhh... JR will be the starter once the season rolls around, even if Garcia shows more in camp. With that said, it's fairly obvious that Russel isn't putting the work in. I wouldn't be surprised if he's riding the pine by week 3 or 4.

His work ethic is coming into question.

I'm not sure how the NFL prepares rookies for the NFL. But maybe, just maybe they aren't doing enough.

I want a Job where my employer says, "Here's a few million. Now in your first year, sit and watch how other people do it".

NFL needs a salary cap on rookies and even second to 3rd year players. Teams shell out Millions to these college kids who can't handle the NFL. Who is paying for that. The ticket buyers, the fans.

Look at the Quarterback class of 1999. Supposed to have been one of the best in a long time.

Tim Couch

Akili Smith

Daunte Culpepper

Cade McNown

Donavan McNabb

McNabb and Culpepper are the only two that have seen success and some would question if Culpepper has had a successful career.

Couch, Smith and McNown... Gone. See ya. How much money was wasted on these guys?

NFL needs a salary cap on rookies and even second to 3rd year players. Teams shell out Millions to these college kids who can't handle the NFL. Who is paying for that. The ticket buyers, the fans.

I think it's going to happen in the next NFL/Players union contract. Old vets are tired of these unproven kids coming in and making more as soon as they sign a contract. More than those old vets do in five years.

It only makes sense for the majority of players to vote for this. They'll see it as it making more money available for them.

Archived