THE BROWNS BOARD

Analytics say........ GOFF over Wentz

sdballis

One of the worst forum posters I have ever interacted with. The only time I see the posts is when you quote them. Stop. LOL

lol this coming from a real winner like you...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aditi K. reporting out of Berea on NFL Network this a.m. says don't be surprised if the Browns trade down out of #2 to add more draft picks to the 10 they already have.

Well lets hope this isn't true, that strategy for the Browns has been a disaster in the past. I would rather get the best QB at #2 Goff or Wentz(I prefer Wentz) and live with out 10 picks we already have. It would be stupid to pass over a possible franchise QB so we can draft another DB or LB to fill out a roster position.

Aditi K. reporting out of Berea on NFL Network this a.m. says don't be surprised if the Browns trade down out of #2 to add more draft picks to the 10 they already have.

With Sushi and the other brilliant minds in the front office, they will probably trade it like fools.

I am not necessarily opposed to this. On the QBs....you know my position....I don't think these guys have the talent to warrant #2 overall selection. If you don't want to take the DE, then trade down....get multiple picks....pick up needs on defense and offense.

Don't be surprised if they pull a deal like the one they did the year they took Phil Taylor: go down to the middle of the draft, pick up another second rounder....and a first rounder next year in a trade. This FO may in fact want some quantity over quality for this year.....and may want to accumulate assets for the future (i.e. more first round picks.)

Don't be surprised if this happens.

I am not necessarily opposed to this. On the QBs....you know my position....I don't think these guys have the talent to warrant #2 overall selection. If you don't want to take the DE, then trade down....get multiple picks....pick up needs on defense and offense.

Don't be surprised if they pull a deal like the one they did the year they took Phil Taylor: go down to the middle of the draft, pick up another second rounder....and a first rounder next year in a trade. This FO may in fact want some quantity over quality for this year.....and may want to accumulate assets for the future (i.e. more first round picks.)

Don't be surprised if this happens.

Don't be surprised if they don't trade down. ?

There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

There is a much better QB coming out of Clemson in 2017 ....take Bosa, Ramsey, Buckner or Jack at 2 a QB later in this draft ( Hogan or Prescott ) and pounce in 2017 when we have the first pick

I'm on the watson train if we don't take a QB this year.

I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.

I agree with that. But it's hard to see how we have improved the team from 3 + 13.

I would guess that Jimmy and Dee gave these boys at least a bit of hope that they might get a third year, but if we are going to try for the number one pick will need to go 0 and 16.

WSS

I agree with that. But it's hard to see how we have improved the team from 3 + 13.

I would guess that Jimmy and Dee gave these boys at least a bit of hope that they might get a third year, but if we are going to try for the number one pick will need to go 0 and 16.

WSS

It can be done...we are the Browns I have every faith :)

I didn't need "Anal-litticks'. to tell Me Goff was the better QB.. this is a dumb thread...

The role analytics play will change from round to round...

While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.

By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.

In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.

Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...

& what if the guy blows out his knee, like Griffin did in college? There goes that plan.

I don't think you can really make your plans based on hoping to have the first pick next year.

I agree- you can't make assumptions about where you're going to be drafting next year. The Browns tied for the worst record- and got bumped out of the #1 overall by strength of schedule.

I'm on the watson train if we don't take a QB this year.

I am not sure that I will board that train. A long way to go before that decision is to be made.

Remember, last year at this time the talk was that Hackenberg and Cook could likely be the best QBs going on.

See this: Prescott, Hackenberg, the OSU Triumvirate rated over Goff. This had Watson and Cody Kessler as the best QBs going into last season.....both are back right?

And you don't see the name Carson Wentz in the top 25.

Part of me hopes we pick at 2 and don't move up from 32 - the draft starts at 1am London time, the sooner we pick the sooner I go to bed!

We will trade down out of the first round after trading down to say 25 first ....no zzzzzzz for you :)

& what if the guy blows out his knee, like Griffin did in college? There goes that plan.

I agree- you can't make assumptions about where you're going to be drafting next year. The Browns tied for the worst record- and got bumped out of the #1 overall by strength of schedule.

He already did blow out his knee.

I'm happy either way...any pick at #2...OR

Trade down...I say they trade with the Rams at 15 for both their #2s at 43 and 45

We would then own picks 15 31 43 45 65 ?NICE!!!

I'm happy either way...any pick at #2...OR

Trade down...I say they trade with the Rams at 15 for both their #2s at 43 and 45

We would then own picks 15 31 43 45 65 NICE!!!

Not enough. #2 pick is worth 2,600- #15 is worth 1,050. If I'm Sashi, I want their first, the high second, and next years first- minimum. I posted elsewhere for the Rams to jump the Browns to get to #1 overall, it will cost at least three first round picks. I doubt the Rams are going to want to pay that steep a price.

Jimmy Donovan reported tonight that as we approach draft day, the Tits are getting phone calls from some teams that want to trade up to #1. The two teams that were mentioned was San Fran and Philly. I'm not surprised by the niners, but didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford?

The role analytics play will change from round to round...

While you shouldn't need them to spot a first round talent, you want them to confirm your board.

By the time you get to Rnd 7 and UDFAs I'd fully expect them to have ID'd players that were not seriously on your radar prior to the findings.

In between? More the former than the latter I'd think, but with more influence over where a player is taken than if he's taken.

Sounds like a sure fire recipe for us getting an all-time trade-up offer... and missing yet another QB...

If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!

If this team of assholes needs "anal litticks".. were in trouble.. lol!.. It's like saying " Ok if we fuck up" we can blame this math/system because were too egg head stupid to use our eyes in the first place'.. LAME!

Take a midol and come back when you are being rational.

I hope you realize that every other team in the league uses analytics. The Browns are just now getting around to it. You act as if that is all they are going to use and none of the scouts or coaches will have input.

Archived