THE BROWNS BOARD

REPORT(s): Josh Gordon diluted drug test (failure) -- LAST MONTH! IDIOT!

Mike H

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so fucking stupid. I get it, rules are rules. He needs to follow the NFL's rules.

But if this was 5(ish) years from now, weed is legal and this isn't even an issue. But instead, he's too early. He'll be on the streets instead of being an Elite WR with millions.

Doesn't matter if it's legal or not. Some companies have no NICOTINE policies and test for it.

There were some of us, im pointing at myself rigjt now, that were screaming to trade this guy 3 years ago. Screamed to trade him 2 years ago too. We could have gotten a 1st rounder for him 3 years ago and still potentially a 2nd before he got popped on his 3rd strike.

Some of u just dont get it. You saw crazy potential where the smart ones, me again, saw a guy who you couldnt count on for a full season. And on top of all that he's a loafer who gives the play away at the line. Db's read him like a book. That to me is far worse than the weed problem and i said so 3 years ago. Its a guy who doesnt understand some pretty base fundamentals of football. You cant jog off the line and make pouty faces when you know the ball isnt coming to you. Why more of you didnt see the writing on that wall is beyond me. That low work ethic coupled with a weed issue? Forget it, not gonna happen.

Bet you anything the league would have looked past "some" of his failed tests if he was a reknowned workaholic and a consummate pro on the field.

There were some of us, im pointing at myself rigjt now, that were screaming to trade this guy 3 years ago. Screamed to trade him 2 years ago too. We could have gotten a 1st rounder for him 3 years ago and still potentially a 2nd before he got popped on his 3rd strike.

Some of u just dont get it. You saw crazy potential where the smart ones, me again, saw a guy who you couldnt count on for a full season. And on top of all that he's a loafer who gives the play away at the line. Db's read him like a book. That to me is far worse than the weed problem and i said so 3 years ago. Its a guy who doesnt understand some pretty base fundamentals of football. You cant jog off the line and make pouty faces when you know the ball isnt coming to you. Why more of you didnt see the writing on that wall is beyond me. That low work ethic coupled with a weed issue? Forget it, not gonna happen.

Bet you anything the league would have looked past "some" of his failed tests if he was a reknowned workaholic and a consummate pro on the field.

On field has nothing to do with off field. Just ask Von Miller or Leveon Bell.

I cut Gordon all the slack in the world- because a motivated and clean Josh is the best WR we've had- well, in like forever. I'm done with the guy- and I'm willing to bet the Browns are too.

You've been given like how many chances to get it together? If you prefer weed over a couple million bucks, your choice. It's been real.

Our County hospital does. You won't get hired if you use nicotine and you will get fired if you're caught. Not sure how many places outside of healthcare would have that policy though

Some companies believe the no nicotne policy lessens the medical burdens that smoking, chewing and dipping tabacco cause. Its your choice. to work or not work for a company like this.

Penn National does nicotine screening when hiring.

Really.... & I hate facebook. Sounds like a great topic. Just Not Here!!

This is so fucking stupid. I get it, rules are rules. He needs to follow the NFL's rules.

But if this was 5(ish) years from now, weed is legal and this isn't even an issue. But instead, he's too early. He'll be on the streets instead of being an Elite WR with millions.

It must be more addictive than you thought.

WSS

And every report I manage to find on the matter said that it's somehow not "cut and dry." Like other people have said, the sample tested positive for weed, but it wasn't enough to trigger a "positive" finding. What DID was the masking agent "dilute", so I'm not sure that makes a difference. I've read in various articles that Josh Gordon "might not be facing a year ban", which is what is taking so long.

He has to know the rules and abide by them...no doubt about it. He did this to himself, and I realize this. But...does the NFL REALLY want to take someone's career away for something like this? It's a tough pill to swallow. Again, he has to follow rules, I get this. But geez...

lot's of people i know use and love the mary jane but they're not employees of companies that screen for it. hell most own their own companies.

so if you don't want to follow people's rules regarding 'weed done' then work for a co. that doesn't care, but IMO you are selling yourself short just to catch a buzz and look like a smiling fool.

josh and woody could start up their own hacky sack tournaments. yeah, that's it! they could have the grateful dead music pumping in the background and sell tie dye tshirts. it's a money maker i tell ya!

Adam Schefter:

Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement will be delayed until NFL feels comfortable he has 60-90 days of no red-flag tests, per league source.

So if all goes well and if Josh Gordon stays clean - big ifs - he could be reinstated to play the 2016 season.

Adam Schefter:

Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement will be delayed until NFL feels comfortable he has 60-90 days of no red-flag tests, per league source.[/size]

So if all goes well and if Josh Gordon stays clean - big ifs - he could be reinstated to play the 2016 season.[/size]

Cool.

I can't imagine any more red flag tests.

Z

It seems to me there must be much more to this story. With a dilute and any level of THC showing this makes no sense. You would think this would lead to absolutely no chance of reinstatement this year. The fact they are still considering his reinstatement in the next several months makes it beyond odd.

Some companies believe the no nicotne policy lessens the medical burdens that smoking, chewing and dipping tabacco cause. Its your choice. to work or not work for a company like this.

Um my wife works for one of the hospitals here in Dayton. Of course, no smoking on hospital grounds. Their pre-employment drug test screens for nicotine- as well as the other usual suspected drugs. You will get hired if you smoke- but you'll also pay a whopping extra premium on the company provided health insurance. Sounds fair to me.

Archived