THE BROWNS BOARD

REPORT(s): Josh Gordon diluted drug test (failure) -- LAST MONTH! IDIOT!

Mike H

Cool.

I can't imagine any more red flag tests.

Z

At this point- I wouldn't be surprised by anything. What a dum-dum. He's on the cusp of getting reinstated, and now this. Plain as mud now why his reinstatement got held up.

Hopefully they don't take a chance on this dude. He has had more chances then he deserves.

I'm finally coming around to this POV.

It seems to me there must be much more to this story. With a dilute and any level of THC showing this makes no sense. You would think this would lead to absolutely no chance of reinstatement this year. The fact they are still considering his reinstatement in the next several months makes it beyond odd.

If they're letting Josh do follow up drug tests- it leads me to believe what I speculated on earlier. Might just have been a trace of pot (which at this point is too damn much- Josh) & I have to wonder what their "fail" cutoff is for specific gravity. It's possible the sample was just under the cutoff. (The NFL isn't telling what it is) Pulling out the normals for urine SG- it can go all the way down to 1.002, which is damn near the SG of purified water 1.000 .

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're letting Josh do follow up drug tests- it leads me to believe what I speculated on earlier. Might just have been a trace of pot (which at this point is too damn much- Josh) & I have to wonder what their "fail" cutoff is for specific gravity. It's possible the sample was just under the cutoff. (The NFL isn't telling what it is) Pulling out the normals for urine SG- it can go all the way down to 1.002, which is damn near the SG of purified water 1.000 .

Both samples were under the cutoff level (for THC), but both contained a dilute, which is an automatic failure.

This whole thing still makes no sense. We are talking about someone who is banned from The NFL indefinitely. Based on that I can't imagine any circumstance under which they would consider reinstatement in the next 60 days when he purportedly intentionally tried to trick the test. I've been driving all day and unable to look at this stuff online. As an actual NFL source confirmed the test results? If not is it possible the red flag is behavior and not a failed test

Both samples were under the cutoff level (for THC), but both contained a dilute, which is an automatic failure.

Mike- I worked in a Hospital Lab for 30+ years. There's a difference between a diluted sample, and finding a drug in the urine like hydroclorothiazide (there's a bunch of others) - which can be used to promote urine production- to dilute a sample. I'll have to assume they actually watch the person pee- or else it's easy enough to keep a warm bag of water on your body to dilute the sample with. They're supposed to check the temperature of the sample- to prevent someone loading up the sample from a faucet. :)

Not sure. He's a banned player applying for reinstatement and his test allegedly failed per NFL testing rules. I don't know why, other than the report of a failed test is inaccurate, the NFL is showing mercy, or the NFL is a hypocritical entity with only profits on its mind.

Come on "fans", Ye fickle fucks, trust in Gordon. Comeback player of the year.

Have some faith. I believe in Gordon. I know many of you do not, and you never have.

I have his back, he's been working his tail off, trying to get ready for the comeback he's about to make.

Some people are what we like to call "haters", and these haters are everywhere and must be dealt with accordingly. People are always looking for a way to bash Gordon and it makes me sick. Will the world ever grow up? This report has got to be bogus... and yet, our own fans have turned their back on our best player... smh. When someone fires on your guy you are supposed to have their back, not turn on your own guy. From day one he's never been given the benefit of the doubt.

Stay strong and prove them wrong. #1 in the League. #Webarktogether

I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

I am betting when the smoke clears (pun intended) there is no failed test. Any kind of failure or dilute would make no sense for them considering reinstatement. I think the red flags delaying reinstatement are. Behavior and association related.

Josh Gordon attending a MMA event and taking a photo with Manziel is not holding up his reinstatement.

This is not real life, is it? Jesus Christ.

I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

You're right, innocent until proven guilty. I updated to "REPORT(s):" , because Ian Rapopport corroborated the FOX report.

Idiot until proven innocent.

Zombo

Fair enough. Thanks.

Gordon is an easy target.

#blackballed #FreeJoshGordon

Have some faith. I believe in Gordon. I know many of you do not, and you never have.

I have his back, he's been working his tail off, trying to get ready for the comeback he's about to make.

Some people are what we like to call "haters", and these haters are everywhere and must be dealt with accordingly. People are always looking for a way to bash Gordon and it makes me sick. Will the world ever grow up? This report has got to be bogus... and yet, our own fans have turned their back on our best player... smh. When someone fires on your guy you are supposed to have their back, not turn on your own guy. From day one he's never been given the benefit of the doubt.

You can back the dumb fuck who apparently doesn't like playing football. The rest of us will follow the Browns.

PG- I always thought Josh was an idiot for getting busted so many times, but an honest idiot. No longer. It matters not what your opinion- or my opinion of marijuana is. The league says you can't use it. FWIW, my former employer had random drug testing with a zero tolerance policy. You think I'd be stupid enough to light one up at the risk of losing my job? Well Josh is sure dumb enough- to use at the risk of literally- pissing away Tens of $$ Millions because he likes to get high. I'm not privy to all the specifics- but based on the MKC article- the league thinks he was trying to cheat on that drug test. If they didn't- he'd already be reinstated. For the general population pot may not be addictive- but for that 1% it sure is. Josh needs rehab as much as the enabler he's currently hanging out with Johnny Former-Football.

Idiot until proven innocent.

Zombo

I think we just got the answer Z. To quote Ghoolie. Dupa Head.

Josh Gordon's application for reinstatement was denied, per Cleveland.com

https://t.co/eLkiYcGiT6

Zero surprise Mike- it's time to move on. How many drug tests has he failed? I've lost count.

What was that 60s song?

Anybody here seen my old friend Josh, can you tell me where he's gone?

Sittin' on the porch with Justin and Johnny smokin' weed and gettin' drunk.

I think the reason he isnt going to have his suspension lengthened is because hes not really in the NFL so the fail doesnt really "count".

It's an indefinite suspension, he was just allowed to apply for reinstatement after 1 year.

He has until August first to prove himself. Apparently Goodell gave him until then to clean up his act and prove he can stay clean. The NFL really wants him to come back I guess.

they must or they are just abiding by the rules set forth by the CBA. i would think that's the only reason his keister isn't on the streets looking for other work.

the browns and the NFL must be crazy to think that now, after all this time, he will clean up his act in a 3 month span. or let's say he goes away in a box for 3 months and tests clean and is reinstated.........who's rollin with gordon given his history concerning this matter going back to HS and who knows what he was doing then? wasn't he popped like 3 times before we drafted him? and what 3 times (now with a diluted test) after?

uh......... :wacko: :wacko:

He has until August first to prove himself. Apparently Goodell gave him until then to clean up his act and prove he can stay clean. The NFL really wants him to come back I guess.

Where'd you get this info?

I don't think it's far fetched to think the NFL wants us to have this. Having a team this bad isn't good for the league.

Archived