THE BROWNS BOARD

An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

OldBrownsFan

Trump is in the best position to win. I only give Cruz an outside chance to win. I think the odds are right now Trump may come up a little short on delegates but it will be small enough that he can get some uncommitted delegates to put him over and win on the first ballot. If it goes to a second ballot I think the odds start shifting to Cruz but that is only if there is a second ballot. If it goes multiple ballots a long shot like Kasich looks better and better IMO.

Here are the options for the GOP and all are bad:

Trump wins the nomination = lose to Clinton

Cruz wins and Trump supporters will not support Cruz in November = lose to Clinton

Kasich wins as the GOP looks at him as the one most likely to beat Clinton in Nov and both Trump and Cruz supporters won't support Kasich ( even though I would) = lose to Clinton

The GOP is not only concerned about losing in a landslide with Trump in Nov but also he may cost the republicans the Senate and possibly the house. They may very well look at Kasich who might lose in Nov but not drag down a bunch of other republican candidates. I see why Kasich is staying in the race.

No matter what happens Clinton is such an awful candidate at least the republicans would have that going for them.

K-Sick is 1 for 36 in the primaries. If he was a baseball player in the big leagues, he'd be sent to AAA.

Ridiculous.

K-Sick is 1 for 36 in the primaries. If he was a baseball player in the big leagues, he'd be sent to AAA.

Ridiculous.

Kasich must think he can win at a contested convention or why else is he staying in? If the establishment doesn't want either Trump or Cruz wouldn't that leave Kasich as the next option? I wish Kasich would get out of the race but he must think he has a chance or he is delusional or just stubborn.

0lYdJz.jpg

Kasich can't win at a contested convention, but I expect a delusional Kasich to give a victory speech tonight after coming in second place in NY

The rule built to keep out Ron Paul says you have to win 8 States to be the nominee

Kasich must think he can win at a contested convention or why else is he staying in? If the establishment doesn't want either Trump or Cruz wouldn't that leave Kasich as the next option? I wish Kasich would get out of the race but he must think he has a chance or he is delusional or just stubborn.

That's it, right there.

Ignore the voting results of the common folk through 36 primaries, all in the name of "the party" (GOP in this case obviously). Funny thing is the GOP wants to change their image (I honestly do believe that), yet they are unable to get out of their own way.

0lYdJz.jpg

Kasich can't win at a contested convention, but I expect a delusional Kasich to give a victory speech tonight after coming in second place in NY

The rule built to keep out Ron Paul says you have to win 8 States to be the nominee

They can change the rules at will though. Kasich must be counting on it.

They can change the rules at will though. Kasich must be counting on it.

Change the rules so a guy nobody voted for can get the nomination, I don't think so

If they changed the rules like that it's far more likely we'd see someone like Paul Ryan.

But Trump is polling at 50% in CA, so looks like no contested convention in sight

The scenarios: 8 ways to game the Republican leadership race

1. Mr. Trump sails to nomination at convention

2. Convention rule change upends Trump bid

3. Primaries wrap-up, Trump short by 200 delegates

4. Trump short by 50 delegates, battle looms

5. Ted Cruz wins on second convention ballot

6. John Kasich wins on third convention ballot

7. Outside GOP candidate steps in at convention

8. Mr. Trump lashes out at GOP, vows independent bid

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/chaos-and-acrimony-eight-scenarios-in-the-republican-race-and-how-trump-can-bederailed/article29659053/

The prediction markets are at like 40% and the number is going down

90% is a number pulled out of someone's ass

After the NE sweep then the prediction markets will likely go down further, especially since polls are showing Trump dominating California

Archived