THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Zeke

SkippinTurtles

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah and when are the browns supposed to pick him?

The Cowboys offensive line is loaded. They could take him at 4 and run all over the NFC East for the next 10 years. Take him at 2 and the running game is set for ten years. Or draft a pussy QB who will fold and then the offense continues to suck ass. The North isn't worried about Wentz or Goff. Elliott and RG3 will make them game-plan. Maybe RG3 doesn't last, but Elliott is the bridge to the future.

Teams mortgage their drafts for QB's. It used to be RB's. Elliott and a seasoned RG3 would be better than Griffin and Alfred Morris were. IF they take a stud WR in the second round. No one in this draft will make the defense better than Elliott would make the offense.

The operative words are "used to be". Tom Brady has more Championships by himself than Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Adrian Peterson, and Ladanian Tomlinson- combined.

Sure, I'd love to have a potentially great RB like Zeke- but if you can name the starting running backs in Super Bowl 50- go to the head of the class. The only way we take Elliot is in a trade down scenario. NOT @ #2.

Our QB needs protection, so we should pass on the elite tackle prospect in favour of a running back. Makes sense.

I love the tenacity - even though every single one of Skippin' Turtles' threads are idiotic, they keep popping up!

Just curious, how much weed does one have to smoke to arrive at the conclusion that what this team really needs to do is draft a RB at #2?

We have not taken a QB higher than #22 in 17 years, but apparently the solution to that is take a RB in the Top 3 for the second time in five years. Cause he can block for the free QB we just picked up off the street.

Zombo

I LOVE zeke but no, not at 2. He has no line infront of him.

More reason to take him so he can pick up the DT who just ran over Cam... ;)

#8 is a more reasonable place to consider Zeke, but I don't like the idea of taking a franchise RB early in a rebuild process. Three-years are not guaranteed, let alone ten, as was suggested by the OP.

There will be an impact Defensive player there at #8. Buckner is the one I'd look for...

#8 is a more reasonable place to consider Zeke, but I don't like the idea of taking a franchise RB early in a rebuild process. Three-years are not guaranteed, let alone ten, as was suggested by the OP.

There will be an impact Defensive player there at #8. Buckner is the one I'd look for...

What are we getting back with our move down to #8 in your scenario?

Just curious, how much weed does one have to smoke to arrive at the conclusion that what this team really needs to do is draft a RB at #2?

We have not taken a QB higher than #22 in 17 years, but apparently the solution to that is take a RB in the Top 3 for the second time in five years. Cause he can block for the free QB we just picked up off the street.

Zombo

Touchdown Timmy Couch was taken #1-1 in 1999, but yeah.

Just for arguments sake, let's say that some don't think of Goff or Wentz as worthy of that high a pick, and Ramsey is seen as the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamolou (sp) and could be a 8-10 year fixture in the defensive backfield, plus being touted as being able to play corner or safety - do you take that? And perhaps get the kid Ghoolie likes later, or a different qb?

Just for arguments sake, let's say that some don't think of Goff or Wentz as worthy of that high a pick, and Ramsey is seen as the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamolou (sp) and could be a 8-10 year fixture in the defensive backfield, plus being touted as being able to play corner or safety - do you take that? And perhaps get the kid Ghoolie likes later, or a different qb?

If you had a crystal ball....or a time machine in a DeLorean, you could see the future and tell which players will be beasts and which will be busts....and of course you take the beasts.

People thought Jamarcus Russell would be a beast. Turns out the only kind of beast he was was the kind the Whos in Whoville ate for Christmas dinner.

couch was a good QB with no protection. it made no sense to draft a franchise kid and throw him in like palmer and crew did. at least if we draft one now and decide to do so the OL is 100x better than that mess the browns fielded then.

it's all about timing with drafting personnel. you have to have the building blocks in place first then add to them. that's why i could see drafting a young QB now. if it's a total scrap and crap then they should start by having people in line to replace those building blocks.

Jesus it's baffling that was 17 years ago.

Hopefully he has a child to beat so he can be suspended for a season or so thereby lengthening his productivity in the NFL ala AP.

:)

(sorry was that in bad taste?)

WSS

couch was a good QB with no protection. it made no sense to draft a franchise kid and throw him in like palmer and crew did. at least if we draft one now and decide to do so the OL is 100x better than that mess the browns fielded then.

it's all about timing with drafting personnel. you have to have the building blocks in place first then add to them. that's why i could see drafting a young QB now. if it's a total scrap and crap then they should start by having people in line to replace those building blocks.

Totally agree here.

While I'd be personally against trading up, there are rumors that Dallas is interested. I think Philly ultimately will be the trading partner if there is one, but my question for you guys is if you don't take a QB and stay at #2, then who's the pick? Tunsil, Ramsey, Zeke, Bosa?

While I'd be personally against trading up, there are rumors that Dallas is interested. I think Philly ultimately will be the trading partner if there is one, but my question for you guys is if you don't take a QB and stay at #2, then who's the pick? Tunsil, Ramsey, Zeke, Bosa?

Opinions vary with Tunsil getting the least support and Bosa probably the most of the four you list, but there are more... Jack and Buckner also get mentions.

Archived