THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Zeke

SkippinTurtles

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Zeke being available at #8, and even if he somehow is, I think another team will trade up with the Browns to snag him. We'll get more picks, and Zeke will go somewhere else. I read that Miami really, really wants him.

Good move by you guys. Kinda bummed that the Eagles will get Wentz or Goff, but at least you guys made them pay.

Heard a breakdown yesterday where if the Eagles hit with their selected QB, then in two to three years they will be positioned to dominate the division for a period. Came to this conclusion after they analyzed the division's QB ages, the next three drafts, and next three FA QB circumstances.

So where are the 'Boys leaning? Elliot at RB? Bosa at DE? Other?

I read that Miami really, really wants him.

As frustrated as Miami is after their RB FA pursuit, they should be ripe for plucking. And 13 is not that much further down...

They are acting like they have one of those "windows of opportunity that's closing". Personally I do not see it, but as long as they do...

Heard a breakdown yesterday where if the Eagles hit with their selected QB, then in two to three years they will be positioned to dominate the division for a period. Came to this conclusion after they analyzed the division's QB ages, the next three drafts, and next three FA QB circumstances.

Well, you have Romo...who I think has about 2 years left in him, if that. You have Eli....who I think will play another 5 years. Then Kirk Cousins who is still young and entrenched in DC. So, yes, the Eagles have a chance to make hay in that division......be it with a healthy productive Bradford, or a with Wentz.....unless he busts.

Dan McGwire 2.0?

If Miami wants to give up another pick just to move back to their original #8 spot [1400] from their current #13 [1150], more power to them.

It should cost their original first plus their second in this year's [#11 in the second round, 470].

I would only do that on draft day - eg, if Buckner is there, we take Buckner. But if none of Buckner/Bosa/Jack are available, trade down.

Hard to tell to be honest. I would have taken Goff or Wentz, and just let them sit for 2 years, but that isn't happening now and it never seemed that Jerry would have done that. There was some interest in Goff, but that disappeared when the Eagles traded up. Some of the rumors circulating now are the coaching staff likes Elliot and the scouts like Ramsey. Personally, I would not pick a DB (they view Ramsey as a CB) who has 3 ints in like 40+ career games with the 4th pick and I'm not sure if I like Elliot enough to pick him at #4.

Stephen Jones said DE was our biggest need, and I'd agree, but I heard we're not big on Bosa, and I personally like Buckner more than most, but I think they try and add a DE in round 2.

Stephen Jones said DE was our biggest need, and I'd agree, but I heard we're not big on Bosa, and I personally like Buckner more than most, but I think they try and add a DE in round 2.

LOL... but taking a DB high is a Cowboy tradition...

Does Buckner fit your scheme??? I'd think Bosa would fit Marinelli's 4-3 to a tee...

Why would we take a RB when we have future hall of fame inductee Duke Johnson on the squad.

Boss or Buckner whomever is still available.

Fixed...

Didn't see a guy named Springsteen on the draft eligible list.

Sorry, auto-correct. Since you pointed out my typo I now think Zeke is the right pick. What will cure our offensive line problems, lack of WR, terrible defense and overall awful play is a RB.

RG3 is as good as any QB coming out and could develop into a franchise QB. Pairing him with Zeke and picking up a receiver in the 2nd round could make this team fun to watch. Everyone expects to go 0-16 and RG3 to get hurt. If he does, the running game can carry the team to the first pick next year. Zeke runs for 1500 yards and people look forward to watching Browns highlights on Sunday.

This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

Imagine if we had:

WR- Gordon

WR- Doctson

WR- Boehringer

WR- Core/Peake

DB- Haden

DB- Ramsey

SS- Killebrew

FS- Joseph

This offense needs a doctor. Josh Doctson at 8 if we can't find another slight trade down offer. Then Karl Joseph at the top of the second round.

Another intriguing combination would be Ramsey at 8 and Doctson at 32.

Or, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32.

I would also like Bosa at 8 and Doctson/Joseph at 32.

If we could find a way to get Bosa/Ramsey Doctson/Joseph Killebrew/Boehringer/ScoobyWright3

Imagine if we had:

WR- Gordon

WR- Doctson

WR- Boehringer

WR- Core/Peake

DB- Haden

DB- Ramsey

SS- Killebrew

FS- Josephlo

If not Zeke, Ramsey at 8 and Joseph at 32 would be awesome. The AFC version of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor.

Dude, we're not taking Zeke. We're not going to start a rebuild with a RB when the average shelf life of a RB is 3 years.

Its not happening. What's most likely is we end up trading down again, probably to 13 with Miami.

It's not 3 years for good RBs. We could get 8-9. Though I'll concede that he could easily become too expensive after his initial contract.

It's not 3 years for good RBs. We could get 8-9. Though I'll concede that he could easily become too expensive after his initial contract.

How do you know he's gonna be good? Sure, his chances are better than most but look at Melvin Gordon, Trent Richardson.. And my point about the 3 yrs shelf life wasn't about lack of talent, it was about injury and wear and tear on the body

Archived