THE BROWNS BOARD

We Open Up Day 2. Who is it?

sdballis

I'm okay with trading down a bit if it allows us to pick up some ammo to move back into the 2nd round. Two picks in both the 2nd and 3rd would be ideal as this is where a majority of the value is in this draft.

If we could pull my little scenario off, I'd love getting help at

OL - preferably tackle but a center would work

ILB

Edge Rusher

WR/TE maybe RB - another weapon basically

If we could pull that off, I think we'd be in a great position heading into the final rounds. We probably wouldn't have as many picks 4-7 with my scenario but we would have already made a nice in little dent in our litany of needs.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Hunter Henry - Barnidge won't be here forever.
  2. Derrick Henry - Biggest RB I've seen in a while.
  3. Myles Jack - Guy was a top 1-5 pick leading all the way up to the draft.
  4. Whitehair/Westerman - If one of them could solve the RT spot, this would be a good pick.
  1. Hunter's OK, but there are other options.
  2. Size? Really?
  3. No Jack...
  4. Never draft an OG to do an OT's job...

I'm okay with trading down a bit if it allows us to pick up some ammo to move back into the 2nd round.

Ding Ding Ding... someone gets "it"...

1. Hunter's OK, but there are other options.
  2. Size? Really?
  3. No Jack...
  4. Never draft an OG to do an OT's job...

Ding Ding Ding... someone gets "it"...

Yes, but does our rookie FO get it? Will they really use ammunition to trade back up a la Titans or just take moneybodies?

There is a ton of action right now w/ the #Browns No. 32 pick. They'll have to LOVE a player there not to accept one of these offers.

In the drivers seat for a 3rd time in one draft. Not bad for rookies if they cash it in for a great draft.

I would take a kings ransom for Myles Jack.

Regardless of what we think about knee injuries. We have to look at the player. Hell, RG3 had knee issues, he's going to return from that. Look, we are building through the draft and have already gotten so many future picks that Myles could be replaced if the knee isn't good.

BUT, if the knee is good. We get an amazing COVER LB with instincts and speed. We do NOT have that in Cleveland right now. He could be a bridge to the future for us.

I'm all in on Myles Jack... unless I'm getting a first round pick and then some...

We need JACK.

To be honest, in this situation I might consider moving back a spot or two but having someone like Ragland there would be difficult to pass up.

Trading back makes sense. Teams have had a day to stress over who they want and whether or not they'll be there. This is like starting the draft over and we have the #1 pick. We could get someone to overpay to get their guy.

I would take a kings ransom for Myles Jack.

Regardless of what we think about knee injuries. We have to look at the player. Hell, RG3 had knee issues, he's going to return from that. Look, we are building through the draft and have already gotten so many future picks that Myles could be replaced if the knee isn't good.

BUT, if the knee is good. We get an amazing COVER LB with instincts and speed. We do NOT have that in Cleveland right now. He could be a bridge to the future for us.

I'm all in on Myles Jack... unless I'm getting a first round pick and then some...

We need JACK.

I will admit to you the knee is concerning. But look how far has our medical advancement have come and how much farther will they go? The brightest and most advanced medical teams in the world are working on NFL Players and doing incredible research and treatments. There has to be a way to fix Jack, he has it all in his head, it's there. The athlete was there before the injury. 4 years of Myles Jack is well, worth the 2nd round pick... even then we'd be spoiled from the kid.

The #Cowboys are attempting to trade up with the #Browns at No. 32, source said. The likely target is a pass-rusher.

What's dropping 2 spots gonna do for us?? We might get a 6th for that. Not worth it IMO. We could sit where we are and for sure take the guy we want. A 6th is useless to me, especially when we're already LOADED with picks.

Someone else said QB Cook. Which is it?

And what would we get in return from Dallas?

To answer my own question......We have #32, Dallas has #34. #32= 590 draft value point #34= 560 pt. We would need about 30 points to go back....but, in this draft beside comp picks that cannot be traded, Dallas has only picks #101, and 189.

189 is only worth 15.8 points. 101 is worth 96 points. One would be too little and another would be too much.

Perhaps if we take 101, and give the 138 back, that could make the deal. But, again, the numbers may not come that close.

I think it would probably involve picks next year, again.

What's dropping 2 spots gonna do for us?? We might get a 6th for that. Not worth it IMO. We could sit where we are and for sure take the guy we want. A 6th is useless to me, especially when we're already LOADED with picks.

If we get 101 and give back 138, that would mean a much higher 4th rounder.

Can't trade 138, Gip... comp pick...

Sellers market at #32... especially for QB hunters... or Edge Rush hunters... DAL could be either.

Take DAL's #34 and 101... give #32 and 141 turning a high 5th (that shortly follows a 4th Round Comp) into a high 4th.

Make 'em bleed!

On the other hand.... Dream Big!

Everything we know about the Browns says they’ll try and get a 2017 first-round pick for the 32nd selection.

I agree. There are 7-8 1st rounders in the bottleneck, so sell the cork to the highest bidder.

I'm 100% sure the Browns trade 32 pick. But sure would like Spence or Derrick Henry. Jason Spriggs too. How long will good players be on the board while Browns are collecting picks? Ian Rappaport says the Browns want to set a record for most picks in a draft. This is soooo Browns!

Maybe the Chiefs want to move back up after moving down already. They'll likely have a late 1st rounder next year. What other team would be willing to trade a potential Top 20 pick to select 32 this season?

Dallas? Apparently the 'Boys and KC are hot for Cook. Both might not be top 20, but still...

Also Bills and Texans may be after Hackenburg...

And when QBs are the target prices tend to rise...

I'm 100% sure the Browns trade 32 pick. But sure would like Spence or Derrick Henry. Jason Spriggs too. How long will good players be on the board while Browns are collecting picks? Ian Rappaport says the Browns want to set a record for most picks in a draft. This is soooo Browns!

Good players? All round.

Better, plug'n'play players that really fill a need? Maybe 20 picks... at least the two I'm targeting.

The three you mention? Ten, maybe 15 picks?

Just spitballin' of course...

Believe it when I hear it...

On the bright side, my guys are at 48 and 54... lower than I'd have pegged them... but then I like them... a lot. ;)

Don't the Browns want an edge rusher?

Sure, but who fits that bill that's not damaged goods in one fashion or another?

Archived