THE BROWNS BOARD

We Open Up Day 2. Who is it?

sdballis

Believe it when I hear it...

On the bright side, my guys are at 48 and 54... lower than I'd have pegged them... but then I like them... a lot. ;)

Sure, but who fits that bill that's not damaged goods in one fashion or another?

I took Nick Martin as my number 1 center in our draft for the jags at the top of round 2 ....future pro bowler

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brugler, like most years, got less right than most casual fans.

Snore

Add that no one has reported he needs microfracture now. It's been a future consideration due to an identified issue with cartilage adhesion to bone in his knee. Dr. found it during a meniscus repair IIRC....

Can't trade 138, Gip... comp pick...

Sellers market at #32... especially for QB hunters... or Edge Rush hunters... DAL could be either.

Take DAL's #34 and 101... give #32 and 141 turning a high 5th (that shortly follows a 4th Round Comp) into a high 4th.

Make 'em bleed!

You mean 138? Where did we get 141?

I'm good trading down 4-5 spots at least. Is that worth anything?

Not much- like a fifth-sixth rounder.

There are so many available that moneyball might trade down a few spots. Personally I wish we would take Ragland or Derrick Henry. Coleman without another trade down was a mistake. A reach.

Nope, the Browns had Coleman as their top WR prospect. The Bengals were praying for a WR to fall to them.

Jack. You get a top 5 talent at the top of the second round. If the Patriots had a pick they probably take Jack. Just their luck a beast always falls to them. If he pans out the Browns win the draft.

Po, a completely healthy Jack would have been long gone. Depends how the Browns Medical staff views him. Call up Dr Andrews and get his take.

Didn't think Browns would make all 12 picks, and still don't... but just in case....

Need to verify, but looks like Dolphins have record for most picks by one team in a 7-round draft: 14 in 1997. Browns getting close.

As Opal heard on NFLN- It's tempting to trade #32 for a first next year, but MHO is we need some warm bodies now. I'm OK swapping places with the Cowboys to pick up the 6th that we lost- somewhere in all those trades- to the Titans I think.

This Jack situation reminds me of how the Da'Quan Bowers situation played out. He was top 10 talent, fell to the second round because of knee issues and now is a freeagent. Jack may not be as injured as him, but thats why he is on an avalanche into the 2nd round.

Looking at next years draft, we will have like 2 drafts in 1 the 1st 3 rounds.

This would be all my reason's for the risk on taking Jack at 32. Doc's said Brees & Manning maybe done also.. Bartender J A C K please..

Archived