THE BROWNS BOARD

Derrick Henry

Spurrier

Should be the Browns pick. As a guy who's seen him run a lot, he's not only the Heisman winner, but he is a truck at 6'3" 238lbs. The kid is a massive blocker and can reinforce and protect the QB (something we desperately need). Watch his highlights. I think he's exactly what this offense needs to stop being so one-dimensional.

Only unless the FO doesn't think any of hte remaining DE/olb'ers are worth a shit. If they think Spence isn't Josh Gordon disguising himself as a college OLB'er...than they "HAVE" to take him. Or any of the other remaining guys. I wouldn't mind Henry but our dire need right now is front 7. Krugers got one more year and he's gone, we all see that coming. Mingo is a big wtf we don't know but likelihood this is his last year too. So what does that leave us? Nate Orchard. Like the kid and I think he has potential but we need more guys. Spence is a top 10 pick talent wise. We have ok RB's already....Zeke would have been the only RB i would have said is a no brainer if he was still there in the 2nd round.

Have you met OldAg69? If not, he'll be along shortly I am sure.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the fact that I like Derek Henry or that I am a South Carolina fan, because both do not sit well.

If it's about Derek Henry, I think he can at least agree that the kid was a monster runner and you have to give him credit for that. Good kid too.

As for being a South Carolina fan, I think USC fans are more upset towards Aggie fans than vice versa. I think fans are still pissed that they came and whooped us at home and then gave us a heartbreaker last year. Not only that, they like to come to our capitol and have their little screaming and stomping session, which disrupts and makes fans very angry.

Either way, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the fact that I like Derek Henry or that I am a South Carolina fan, because both do not sit well.

If it's about Derek Henry, I think he can at least agree that the kid was a monster runner and you have to give him credit for that. Good kid too.

As for being a South Carolina fan, I think USC fans are more upset towards Aggie fans than vice versa. I think fans are still pissed that they came and whooped us at home and then gave us a heartbreaker last year. Not only that, they like to come to our capitol and have their little screaming and stomping session, which disrupts and makes fans very angry.

Tour is referring to a another poster on this board (TexasAG1969) who's been beating the drum for Henry for the last 6 months.

AG will be chiming in on this thread shortly. . .

Call my name. He shall come. Henry is the man and upon that we start a friendship. :D

Ta Da!! Browns will rue the day they left him on the board. But that defines the Browns. They already rue a lot of draft days. :lol:

Looks like the Tits snagged Henry, and I'm sure Mariota is glad they did.

Understand now Miss Fussy-Britches?

Ta Da!! Browns will rue the day they left him on the board. But that defines the Browns. They already rue a lot of draft days. :lol:

Us northerners say- you notice how all those Alabamy players didn't go till the second round? Man, if Urban and those guys hadn't screwed the pooch in the MSU game- the 2015 edition of the Bucks could have gone down as the best ever in college football- and the draft sort of confirms that. :)

Looks like the Tits snagged Henry, and I'm sure Mariota is glad they did.

Must lose to the Titties this year, on the way to the #1 overall pick in 2017. Henry runs for 200 yards.

Didn't really understand the avoidance of Alabama players this year. Many in the Saban era have panned out. Most of the defensive ones, in fact.

I wouldn't go that far...

LB Rolando McClain- Oakland Raiders, 8th overall

CB Kareem Jackson- Houston Texans, 20th overal

S Mark Barron- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7th overall

CB Dre Kirkpatrick- Cincinnati Bengals, 17th overall

CB Dee Milliner- New York Jets, 9th overall

LB CJ Mosley - Baltimore Ravens 17th overall

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - 21st overall

S Landon Collins - 33rd Overall Giants

McClain has been solid for the 'Boys but not 8th overall material. Certainly not solid for Oakland.

Kareem is a decent #2. Call it what it is.

After that is two years straight of first round busts.

Mosley is great, Dix shows potential and Collins is up in the air.

So... 50/50, basically.

Gipper would be proud of you, tia...

BAMA is such a machine it is often hard to tell at what level the individual talent ends and the collective talent takes over. And it varies from player to player...

Didn't know we were only talking first rounders (plus Collins). Though you left off Marcell Dareus, whose inclusion would make my "most" label accurate.

Well, shit... I missed the big guy. Don't ask me how.

But sure, if you want to say 'most' by the skin of your teeth... you're welcome to.

I went with high level picks, I'm sure we can go further...?

Gipper would be proud of you, tia...

Just doing my diligence.

The Alabama hit rate for defenders is better than that for most first rounders so there's no reason to shy away from them. That was my only point.

Tour, the recruiting rankings would indicate it's definitely individual talent. In fact, the team is worse than the sum of its parts. But that happens when you've got the target on your back. Same with Ohio State last year.

Archived