THE BROWNS BOARD

Day 3 thread

LondonBrown

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love, Schobert...

Hate we missed Kwiatkosky...

Another seeming reach in Louis... courtesy of analytics.

Can't wait to see who our sleepers will be...

New England sucked balls once upon a time too.

Absolutely and I'm more referring to where the teams currently are. The Browns need upgrades at most every position and it seems like they are trying to outsmart everyone else. Not a huge fan of passing on proven talent for "let me tell ya Sashi knows analytics".

Louis was ranked 245th there were better wide recievers on the board and still are. Rams took Pharoh Cooper another guy we should have taken.

Pissburgh and Alterwhore better draft more secondary cause were fitting to torch them.

Derrick Kindred, S, TCU

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at TCU, Kindred lined up at free safety in the Horned Frogs’ 4-2-5 scheme, showing consistent improvement each season. A week prior to the 2015 season, Kindred suffered a broken collarbone and the trainers recommended surgery, but he decided to play through the injury and didn’t miss a start as a senior. He didn’t allow the injury to deter his attacking mindset or aggressiveness, always hunting and seeking out contact. Kindred has above average straight-line speed for the position, which shows on kickoff and punt coverages, but he plays with some stiffness and struggles to anticipate routes. Although his lapses in coverage lowers his pro ceiling, Kindred has the grit and competitive nature to make a roster as a back-up and special teamer.

We needed a safety! Happy now that all their needs are filled. Looks like a three year plan with Hue having most of the input.

Darren Kindred played a whole year with a broken collarbone! Stud!

For all the people whining about not taking the top player on Kiper/McShay's big boards...

NO TEAM IS DOING THAT. It's not like our FO is the only set of "idiots" that are drafting people all the websites/"analysts" claim are 6th round talent AND there are a bunch of guys left that are "2nd/3rd round talent" that people are consistently passing over. We have scouted and ranked every prospect just like every other team has. Yes, we'd love to just take whoever Kiper thinks is the best available, but his rankings have nothing to do with character/scheme/need/etc. Our FO has used their scouting reports (and whatever analytics we assume they're using) to determine which players will work best for US, not any general football team.

Trust the system, because that's truly all you can do (however unfortunate that is).

Pharoh cooper is 5'11. Could you imagine the bitching? Browns fans would bitch about winning the damn super bowl.

True that! I've done nothing but bitch. But I am willing to see this as a total rebuild with a three year plan. I really trust Hue Jackson and Pep Hamilton to get the job done. They need time and Haslam better stay out of their way.

Archived