THE BROWNS BOARD

Day 3 thread

LondonBrown

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a promising write up for a pick this late, they have him as the 8th best WR in the whole class

Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Higgins was barely a blip on the recruiting radar out of high school, but he made an instant impact at Colorado State, leading the team in receiving each of his three seasons in Fort Collins with 18 career 100-yard receiving performances – led the NCAA in receiving as a sophomore and was the first CSU player to earn consensus All-America honors since 1995. He lined up primarily as the “X” receiver in Colorado State’s offense and was asked to run a variety of routes, showing the instincts to exploit holes and get uncovered. Higgins isn’t a burner or sudden athlete, but he plays with synchronized shake and terrific footwork to plant-and-go without wasted movements in his routes. He is advanced in several areas at the position and might be the best receiver in this class at improvising to find open zones and give his quarterback a clean target. Although is lack of ideal size and speed will ding him on draft boards, Higgins has the production that matches the tape and his strengths translate well to the next level – second round prospect and NFL starter.

Rob Rang and Dane Brugler gave Browns an F for Higgans and a C for Payton.

Well The F was not for the talent but because we have drafted 5 WRs which I think is a stupid reason to give a grade. We need help at the position we got a ton of picks we know not everyone is making this roster that we draft so screw those guys, just evaluate the pick on the value and how many kids we drafted at that position.

Also my guess, say goodbye to Gabriel and probably Hawkins. Coleman, Hartline, others? Al Saunders had better be as good as advertised, with these 5 receivers, plus terrelle pryor, to turn in to NFL players.

Well The F was not for the talent but because we have drafted 5 WRs which I think is a stupid reason to give a grade. We need help at the position we got a ton of picks we know not everyone is making this roster that we draft so screw those guys, just evaluate the pick on the value and how many kids we drafted at that position.

He led the nation in receiving in 2014 but then they had shitty QB's this year. He can run routes really well. I'm happier about him than the Princeton reach.

Bruglers draft preview has Higgins ranked 8th best WR??

Doesnt add up to an F grade

I just mentioned it because I liked Higgans four picks ago. How do you give an F? The Pundits are always anti Brown.

I remember the same people trashing Seattle's picks in 2011-13. And look what Pete Carroll has built.

Welcome, boys and girl, to the wonderful world of analytics, Day 3...

Where the names are unknown and no one cares how long others perceive the reach to be.

If it works, it works...

Schobert & Kindred. picks of the day. Kindred will be a terror on ST & SS a solid thumper over the middle. kid is full of gutsy & solid gamer..

Don't we have Ibrahim Campbell ready to step in as our starting SS?

Archived