THE BROWNS BOARD

Center Mike Matthews Signs With Browns

wargograw

3 year starter at A&M. Part of the Matthews clan. Pretty interesting. If Erving doesn't come ready, this kid could potentially start, though I'm not saying he's an amazing player by any means. I would bet on him making the roster.

You had me at "part of the Matthews clan"

Yes Sir,took the words outta my mouth!

3 year starter at A&M. Part of the Matthews clan. Pretty interesting. If Erving doesn't come ready, this kid could potentially start, though I'm not saying he's an amazing player by any means. I would bet on him making the roster.

I agree with you-I think he has a real chance of making this team. Quietly does his jobs and very good at identifying line calls.

+1!

Now let's see what else these gurus can pull off. They've already secured an entire second draft for next year. Exceeded my expectations by drafting really good players. Now comes the second level of identifying UDRFAs and enticing them to come aboard for the comeback of the millennium.

To the Aggie fellas, wasn't there an issue with poor o-line coaching this past season at A&M?

If so, better coaching could get more out of Matthews.

He was fired as soon as the season ended. If Matthews wasn't Bruce's son, he never would have been any good.

Like the signing... love the bloodline...

There's gold in that thar body...

Edit: Wonder if Daddy would be interested in a job?

Plus in about 5-6 years along comes what the other 3 brothers think will be the best of the bunch. We need to keep older brother Mike so we can convert younger brother Luke into a Brown.

I was wondering if we were going to get some more competition at center. With Mack gone, I would not mind one or two more to get the best out of the center spot.

Well we drafted Shon Coleman, but but you're right. We could use another. I wouldn't give up on Cam Erving though. First year under this regime, don't be surprise if he comes out this year.

How come he wasn't drafted?

It's about time we signed a Mathews! As for Erving, he played out of position last year. I have high hopes for him. No way he's a bust!

Edit: Wonder if Daddy would be interested in a job?

Not from what I've heard from people that know him.

How come he wasn't drafted?

It's about time we signed a Mathews! As for Erving, he played out of position last year. I have high hopes for him. No way he's a bust!

He's on the short side and struggles with head up nose tackles. Hopefully Shelton can give him some trial by fire.

I believe in Erving too. People are writing him off too quickly.

Well we drafted Shon Coleman, but but you're right. We could use another. I wouldn't give up on Cam Erving though. First year under this regime, don't be surprise if he comes out this year.

What does Coleman have to do with the center spot?

What does Coleman have to do with the center spot?

Puts an end to the Paztor at RT talk allowing him to compete for an inside job.

Thomas - Paztor - Greco - Bito - S.Coleman

Thomas - Bitonio - Erving/Matthew - Drango/Greco - Coleman/Paztor

Listening to the PC. Hue says Drango will be at RT.

Actually he said he'll initially be competing for the job at RT, but we'll see where he ends up...

Which BTW will be on the bench unless he can beat out Paztor for LG... B)

Shouldn't be too hard. Not sure why this board is so infatuated with Paztor.

I wouldn't say 'infatuated' but the kid came in and played some solid ball for us. Now he'll be asked to do some things

he's a tad more adept at doing without the zone stretch being our dominant run call.

We have different definitions of solid ball, I think.

For a guy coming off a torn hammy late 14', moving to guard for this team a season later and playing next to Erving while at least

drawing a neutral battle a bulk of the time? Yeah, that isn't too shabby.

I'm not saying he's a franchise player or that he can't be beat out, but I certainly expect that if he stays he will improve under this coaching staff. I trust I'm not alone when I say that either.

edit: I think we can both agree its nice seeing a Matthews bloodline back on the Brownies roster.

Although you're something of a recent....convert.

Archived