THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is out of a Job?

The Gipper

QB: either Shaw or Austin Davis expendable with Kessler in their place. (I think this means McCown stays)

RB: nobody at risk from this draft (maybe from UDFA pickup)

WR: I think Hawkins stays....he was Hue's boy from Cinci, wasn't he? But everyone else: Moore, Pryor, Hall Jennings, even Gabriel. I think Hartline stays.

OL: Backups in jeopardy: Dan France, Michael Bowie, Erle Ladson. Coleman/Drango take a couple of those spots.

TE: Hamlett/Telfer get Devalved

DL Hughes, Wynn, Dez Bryant, all in jeopardy of losing to Ogbah and Nassib

LBs: Cam Johnson, Scott Solomon could be out in lieu of Schobert on the outside. Tank Carder could lose out to Scooby Wright.

DBs: We have some filler on the roster now it seems at CB: Don Jones, Tim Scott, Sean Baker.....plus Gilbert....any could be replaced by Trey Caldwell.

Mingo isn't out of a job yet, let's not forget he's still our only weakside cover OLB'er. Orchard can fill that spot but he's more a tweener betwenn Jack and Will. This is Mingo's last year on the team though if he hasn't improved.

Agree....as noted above, Scott Solomon, Cam Johnson more likely to be aufed.

I think Gilbert is in trouble. Not from the draft, but if he does what he did last year, off the field, he will be gone

Mingo was out at barbarino's this past Saturday when I played there, a very nice guy. I hope Horton's defense resurrectso his impact on the defense.

I guess any of our average linebackers or receivers will be making more money than lower round draft picks and that seems like at least one of the goals.

Connor Shaw and Austin Davis have always been kind of irrelevant.

WSS

Except when we needed them to start because every other QB was injured. Shaw almost beat the Ratbirds, didn't he?

The team almost beat the ratbirds. Hey I don't have a problem if you want to stay loyal to Connor Shaw.

I like Ken Dorsey and he was irrelevant too.

:)

WSS

The team almost beat the ratbirds. Hey I don't have a problem if you want to stay loyal to Connor Shaw.

I like Ken Dorsey and he was irrelevant too.

:)

WSS

I am not loyal to Connor Shaw.....I only said that at one point we needed him....because everyone else was hurt.....and at THAT moment....he became relevent.

(but certainly NOT irreplaceable......)

QB: Shaw plus Davis, unless McC is traded.

RB: Winston

WR: Hartline, Moore... Gordon is safe as he does not tie up a spot.

TE: Zzzzzzz.........

It's going to be really easy to figure out who goes atleast some by tagging all the low character players on the roster. Josh Gordan,Armonty Bryant,Justin Gilbert etc.

next you can look at easily replaced players/bottom of the roster players Marlon Moore,Raheem Mostert,Glenn Winston etc.

then aging veterans John Hughes,Paul Kruger,Tramon Williams etc.

Scott Solomon

Confirming #Browns cut OLB Scott Solomon, who spent most of 2015 on IR with knee injury.

Well.....I guess my predictive powers are in top form today!!

Question asked this morning: Who is in danger of losing a job? One answer: Scott Solomon.

BOOM......Gonzo by afternoon.

Clock is ticking for the guy "with freakish athletic potential" (aka workout warrior)

The #Browns are not picking up the fifth-year option on LB Barkevious Mingo, source said. Needs to have a big year with the new regime

164 retweets161 likes
Retweet
More

Gabriel will be gone, maybe Hawkins. I think Pryor stays, if he can show any kind of ability to run routes etc, because he can do all those things Jackson did with Sanu in Cinci - reverses, trick throws, etc. etc.

On the OL, we keep Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, Coleman + Pasztor, Drango and one more, could be anyone, probably a RT/RG.

At QB, I expect McCown to be cut/traded around august. Shaw will probably be gone, Davis most certainly. Keeping RG3, Kessler, plus one, maybe - Hue probably sees Pryor as the third string QB though if he stays.

At RB, Crow, Johnson, plus Mostert (for KR), maybe one more - the guy we brought over from Cinci?

TE - Barnidge, obviously. Outside of that, anyhting goes. DeValve quite possibly ends up on PS.

DL - Bryant, Shelton, Nassib; Cooper, Meder, and space for anyone to step up - Hughes, Wynn, or UDFA?

LB - Ogbah, Kirksey, Davis, Kruger; Mingo, Scooby, ??? Schoebert

CB - Haden, Williams, Gilbert, Desir, Williams, Taylor, maybe Caldwell to PS?

S - Poyer, Campbell, Kindred, Moore

ST guys probably stay the same, but we brought in a K to give Coons some competition.

Gabriel will be gone, maybe Hawkins. I think Pryor stays, if he can show any kind of ability to run routes etc, because he can do all those things Jackson did with Sanu in Cinci - reverses, trick throws, etc. etc.

On the OL, we keep Thomas, Bitonio, Erving, Greco, Coleman + Pasztor, Drango and one more, could be anyone, probably a RT/RG.

At QB, I expect McCown to be cut/traded around august. Shaw will probably be gone, Davis most certainly. Keeping RG3, Kessler, plus one, maybe - Hue probably sees Pryor as the third string QB though if he stays.

At RB, Crow, Johnson, plus Mostert (for KR), maybe one more - the guy we brought over from Cinci?

TE - Barnidge, obviously. Outside of that, anyhting goes. DeValve quite possibly ends up on PS.

DL - Bryant, Shelton, Nassib; Cooper, Meder, and space for anyone to step up - Hughes, Wynn, or UDFA?

LB - Ogbah, Kirksey, Davis, Kruger; Mingo, Scooby, ??? Schoebert

CB - Haden, Williams, Gilbert, Desir, Williams, Taylor, maybe Caldwell to PS?

S - Poyer, Campbell, Kindred, Moore

ST guys probably stay the same, but we brought in a K to give Coons some competition.

Ourlads has both Nasib and Ogbah as DEs, you have Ogbah as LB, is it just semantics, as they are both "pass rushers" or do you see very different roles for them Nasib more with his hand in the dirt and Ogbah on the edge?

Then again, Ourlads still lists McCown as starting QB, and we know that won't be the case.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

Zombo

Nasib more with his hand in the dirt and Ogbah on the edge

That. Based on speed - Ogbah runs a 4.6 40, Nassib a 4.8, and size - Nassib is a few inches taller, and can put on some muscle hopefully.

Also, it was talked about somewhere recently.

They were both 4-3 DEs in college, which is why some places will call them both DEs. Also, check out the OS roster - http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/roster.html - which lists Ogbah as LB.

Archived