THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Hopeful for this team...

domcucch1994

I have a newfound sense of hope for the Cleveland Browns and here is why:

1.) Trust in Hue and the young guns: These guys have done an excellent job so far at drafting potential impact players. FA was a mess but they may have redeemed themselves in a big way.

2.) Picks and more picks: 2 1sts next year, 2 2nds, a 2nd in 2018. Lots of ammo to add more dynamic players to this team.

3.) Someone finally had the balls to draft a WR in the 1st: CC has burner written all over him. Not a true #1 as of now but he has the potential. Could also be used to return kickoffs.

4.) Build the trenches, protect the QB, get after the QB: Nassib and Ogbah were beasts in college, hopefully Horton can unleash them on the opposing QBs as much as possible.

5.) Scooby is gonna get scooby sacks for us: Lets be real here, that name alone gives me hope.

It's a good time to be a Browns fan. We may blow hard this year but we ain't too far off from really becoming contenders. Haslam you better stick to your guns you asswipe.

Haslam gave Farmer's Petting zoo two years, when really he was in over his head.

Paul(DePodesta) (Sashi)Brown seem like an up and coming team that hopefully are here for awhile and can bring back the magic.

protect the QB with who? if ervin doesn't pan out at center and the rookie can't play at the next level where is the depth? matthews? a name doesn't make a player. now who is going to throw the ball to all the NFL ready receivers (ahem)? rg3? i predict he will go back to running for his life before he gets knocked out for the season.

yeah the draft was great if you want to wait and see. as for next year? hmmm. i guess if they let griffin pull the stick out of his ass and draw up sand lot plays where everyone runs a post then yeah, it'll be great! (lol)

Man I hope you're wrong. Maybe I should say a Novena for RG3! I agree about the offensive line but what's done is done. i guess

I say a Novena for Cam Erving too.

RG3 better be the QB I had on all my fantasy teams in 2012. I still think Mike Shanahan screwed up big time by letting him play after he was injured the first time. When Cousins beat Cleveland in Cleveland Shanahan should have rolled with him instead of jeopardizing a young QB's career.

So here's to the 2016 Browns who are finally seeing the light. Go Browns!

Only time will tell how we will look, but I like the way this FO is going about doing it. They didnt commit the Cardinal sin of over paying for freeagents. We seem to be in better hands then in previous years, so we need to let this play out. We had a pretty good draft and are loaded for next years draft. RG3 is the ket right now, so we have to be able to protect him and give him a chance, and thats why I said we needed to get the recent cap casualty Matt Slauson.

I have a newfound sense of hope for the Cleveland Browns and here is why:

1.) Trust in Hue and the young guns: These guys have done an excellent job so far at drafting potential impact players. FA was a mess but they may have redeemed themselves in a big way.

2.) Picks and more picks: 2 1sts next year, 2 2nds, a 2nd in 2018. Lots of ammo to add more dynamic players to this team.

3.) Someone finally had the balls to draft a WR in the 1st: CC has burner written all over him. Not a true #1 as of now but he has the potential. Could also be used to return kickoffs.

4.) Build the trenches, protect the QB, get after the QB: Nassib and Ogbah were beasts in college, hopefully Horton can unleash them on the opposing QBs as much as possible.

5.) Scooby is gonna get scooby sacks for us: Lets be real here, that name alone gives me hope.

It's a good time to be a Browns fan. We may blow hard this year but we ain't too far off from really becoming contenders. Haslam you better stick to your guns you asswipe.

I agree with your optimism! This year will be like building a snowman. You have to establish a base. You start by waiting for the right kind of snow! Not to wet not to dry. Modeling the snow into a sturdy base.

I also believe in Hue and Horton and Pep,and,and,and! We have a good base. The correct builders! If we can build the core

AND add the heart. If things fall into place Maybe just maybe we could surprise a few critics and win Now! With the head and shoulders we have. Next year we add the top hat and......OR have a snowball fight? GO BROWNS!!!

This is a multiyear plan not a one year turnaround. It's equivalent to an expansion team whether anyone wants to buy that or not. All those starters leaving and all these new faces to the NFL spell out a 1-4 win season and likely first pick in the 2017 draft. If your expectations are far beyond that, I can probably find a way to sell you some beachfront property in Florida significantly under present asking prices. Now we may show a lot of improvement week one to week seventeen and that should give hope for the long term plan.

I agree with your optimism! This year will be like building a snowman. You have to establish a base. You start by waiting for the right kind of snow! Not to wet not to dry. Modeling the snow into a sturdy base.

I also believe in Hue and Horton and Pep,and,and,and! We have a good base. The correct builders! If we can build the core

AND add the heart. If things fall into place Maybe just maybe we could surprise a few critics and win Now! With the head and shoulders we have. Next year we add the top hat and......OR have a snowball fight GO BROWNS!!!

Knowing the Browns luck we will build the snowman and Ohio will get a heatwave in November

Maybe the only one, but am hopeful RG3 can outperform C. Wentz next 2 years & we may have a front 7 that can put a QB's dick in the dirt instead of standing up like one. 4 hours a game per week of this, I should see a doctor :o

Man I hope you're wrong. Maybe I should say a Novena for RG3! I agree about the offensive line but what's done is done. i guess

I say a Novena for Cam Erving too.

Neither would hurt, but no way RG3 lives inside the pocket. The only path he has to resurrect his rookie success will involve a heavy dose of designed roll-outs.

I don't care how many games we win this year. I just think it should be about attitude and coming together as a team. I want to see smart decisions, hard work and growth... that's it.

I'm hopeful as well. Not for the players we drafted its the new coach and staff. Hue knows the division and that's a fact. He knows how to win and knows we hate the Steelers. With Petine there was no way we could upend the Steelers, now we can. Win the division, get the ticket, make the playoffs and make your run.

I don't care how many games we win this year. I just think it should be about attitude and coming together as a team. I want to see smart decisions, hard work and growth... that's it.

great idea but when do people find harmony in the workspace when you continue to lose? 0 and 16? yep, i'm sure they'll all get together over the campfire roasting marshmallows hand-in-hand singing kumbaya.

how many times does a browns coach have to sell his vision? "stick with me boys, we're right there!"

HA!

I'm super optimistic, I mean the way Ray Farmer Sashi Brown etc and Mike Pettine Hue Jackson is really encouraging. Br drafting the likes of Shelton Nassib, Orchard Ogbah and Erving Coleman, we're really building up the trenches, hopefully giving our heismann winning, double threat QB time to grow and mature in to our saviour.

I mean, I'm actually optimistic, but we've been here before, so the optimism is restrained somewhat.

Hue knows the division and that's a fact.

yes he does, as an OC. he supposedly knew the AFC west enough that he sold davis on hiring him in oakland and (cough) how'd that turn out?

hey i want the best for this team too, but the way some of you are hitching your wagon to hue jackson like he's some demi'god who let's see.....worked with QBs who are WHAT..... notorious chokers in the playoffs?

holmgren/david koresch all over again. go ahead guys line up. but i ain't going near the stuff.

hey i want the best for this team too, but the way some of you are hitching your wagon to hue jackson like he's some demi'god who let's see.....worked with QBs who are WHAT..... notorious chokers in the playoffs?

Well... did not get to find out last year if the choking had been addressed...

That said... I agree that Hue's QB Whispering, Offensive prowess and general leadership have been built up to near mythical proportions by the Browns' fan base. But that's what we do...

If we don't build them up big, how are they going to let us down hard?

yes he does, as an OC. he supposedly knew the AFC west enough that he sold davis on hiring him in oakland and (cough) how'd that turn out?

Last time they had a record better than his 8-8 was in 2002, so, I'll say, not bad for one season? Given that his starting QB was Jason Campbell, who then go injured in week 6 (at which point they were 4-2).

I'm super optimistic, I mean the way Ray Farmer Sashi Brown etc and Mike Pettine Hue Jackson is really encouraging. Br drafting the likes of Shelton Nassib, Orchard Ogbah and Erving Coleman, we're really building up the trenches, hopefully giving our heismann winning, double threat QB JMZ RGIII time to grow and mature in to our saviour.

I mean, I'm actually optimistic, but we've been here before, so the optimism is restrained somewhat.

Archived