THE BROWNS BOARD

Vote for the Browns' worst first-round pick ever!!

garce911

The 2009 NFL Draft is just weeks away and your team's decision may shape the future of the franchise. Squads have struck gold with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, while others have gone bust with gems like Ki-Jana Carter and gasp, Ryan Leaf. But before we start worrying about whom our team is going to take, let's take a look at history to reflect on the absolutely god-awful picks our squads have made. Sure some guys couldn't help their fate with career-ending injuries, one or two may have unfortunately departed, and some may have just outright sucked. Bottom line is, knowing what they know now, the team wouldn't have picked the guy they did.

So, first vote for your team's biggest first-round bust, and then we'll seed the "winners" to go at it in a 32-man bracket to crown the worst pick of all-time. Sorry Jets and Bengals fans, only one player can represent your team. Now...you're on the clock!! Then vote in the NFC!

http://www.opensports.com/community/user/b...ad-f05d98fc8a3d

The 2009 NFL Draft is just weeks away and your team's decision may shape the future of the franchise. Squads have struck gold with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, while others have gone bust with gems like Ki-Jana Carter and gasp, Ryan Leaf. But before we start worrying about whom our team is going to take, let's take a look at history to reflect on the absolutely god-awful picks our squads have made. Sure some guys couldn't help their fate with career-ending injuries, one or two may have unfortunately departed, and some may have just outright sucked. Bottom line is, knowing what they know now, the team wouldn't have picked the guy they did.

So, first vote for your team's biggest first-round bust, and then we'll seed the "winners" to go at it in a 32-man bracket to crown the worst pick of all-time. Sorry Jets and Bengals fans, only one player can represent your team. Now...you're on the clock!! Then vote in the NFC!

I think saying Couch was a bust was unfair. Dude got leveled 8 times a game, while running for his life. This just isn't fair. The Browns ruined his career, being sacked 100 times in a year would damage any shoulder QUICKLY. It's got to be Touchdown (that is singular) Tommy Vardell.

Mike Phipps is my vote. Look what we gave up to get him. A hall of famer for a bust.

I agree!

I was extremely upset with that trade. Even in College, when Phipps went up against a good pass defense (read OSU & Penn State), they picked his pockets....multiple interceptions. Phipps stunk from BEFORE he went to the NFL & we traded Warfield for him....it STILL makes me sick. :angry:

Mike

Winslow....cause he cost us two picks and we passed on Ben to give up two picks...............dumb was never dumber

The decision to dump him well before the end of his career was much, much dumber.

No that was a sound decision your chubby for Winslow just blocks your sight!

The decision to dump him well before the end of his career was much, much dumber.

Constantly hurt and 11 TD's in 5 years for a top ten pick. They were very lucky to get #50 for him in this years draft.

I really don't expect anything more from him over the next five years.

Whatever; that was an effective business decision for a man who limited his career riding a bike and almost killing himself...I am sure Tampa is praying his piercing completely heals

Archived