THE BROWNS BOARD

Scumbag Obummoa lets more drug dealers out of prison

I keep asking - how can liberals justify this, and why do they think he's doing it?

It is dangerous, very dangerous, and contributes to serious problems down the road.

WHY would Obamao cause serious problems........

WHY ?

Suppose someone is given 25 to life in prison for a crime they committed a while back. Today, they're 15 years in to the sentence, but the maximum sentence has been reduced for legitimate reasons that everyone agrees with, and it's now only up to 5 years, for example.

How should those sentenced under the old laws be treated? Forget about whether it's drug dealers, or bank robbers, or people smuggling non-FDA medicine in from Canada to save the life of their dying child, forget the crime. General terms, how should it go down?

they committed the crime with the larger penalty in prison in place for a long time.

do the time - they were willing to chance it. Doesn't sound all that "unfair" to me.

Sounds like giving prisoners freed the...right to vote in this next election.

Suppose someone is given 25 to life in prison for a crime they committed a while back. Today, they're 15 years in to the sentence, but the maximum sentence has been reduced for legitimate reasons that everyone agrees with, and it's now only up to 5 years, for example.

How should those sentenced under the old laws be treated? Forget about whether it's drug dealers, or bank robbers, or people smuggling non-FDA medicine in from Canada to save the life of their dying child, forget the crime. General terms, how should it go down?

If the death penalty is repealed must we pay restitution to the families of murderers who've already been executed?

;)

WSS

If you break the law at a certain time then you should face down the punishment that was mandatory at the time of the law being broken. I could see if the law was completely repealed (ex: marijuana legalization). But if the law only lowers the previous punishment then tough luck.

I keep asking - how can liberals justify this, and why do they think he's doing it?

It is dangerous, very dangerous, and contributes to serious problems down the road.

WHY would Obamao cause serious problems........

WHY ?

I wish I had an answer. He's evil.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but has anything changed in the last few weeks since the last time we went over this? These are still non violent drug offenders right? And just cause you were caught with a gun doesn't mean you're a violent offender. You have to actually use the gun for that occur. Otherwise all people that have guns for any reason whatsoever are "violent" offenders and we all know what road that's going down right? You gun advocates can see that trap right?

http://conservative-daily.com/2014/04/22/barack-obama-letting-felons-out-of-prison/

As you might remember, Eric Holder came out a few months ago and announced that it was time to restore voting rights for felons. In these cases, he argued, the punishment of disenfranchisement didn’t fit the crime of drug sale/possession.

This is how the Democrat party does business. They target a certain voting block and they give away benefits in order to buy votes. The result is a whole new class of voters who will owe a debt of gratitude to the Democrat Party for the rest of their lives. The Democrats did this with the labor unions and they are trying to accomplish this with illegal aliens. Hell, two months ago the Obama administration opened up the U.S. to so-called “non-violent terrorists.” Now, the Obama administration is targeting convicted felons.

The President and his administration should, on a case by case basis, analyze these applications and determine whether these people deserve clemency.

But that’s not what a blanket pardon is. Now, don’t get me wrong. There are certainly people in prison for first-time drug offenses who should probably be granted mercy. I have heard horror stories of teenagers sentenced to life in prison for first time drug offenses.

But I have also heard stories of violent offenders who, as part of a plea deal, pled guilty to lesser, non-violent crimes. Anyone who understands how our justice system works knows that this is commonplace. It is not uncommon for violent offenders and drug dealers to plead down to lesser crimes like felony possession.

It shouldn’t be like this, but that is how our criminal justice system unfortunately works. By using a blanket pardon, Barack Obama is poised to inadvertently release hundreds, if not thousands, of violent felons from prison. All in the name of “fairness.”

This cannot be allowed to happen! The Obama administration is going to fast-track applications for clemency and plans to release felons from prison all in one fell swoop!

As you might remember, Eric Holder came out a few months ago and announced that it was time to restore voting rights for felons.

Exactly what I've said. Political power - more of it, as much and as fast as possible.

Trolling for votes that will vote...for the dems. That is what is behind all the illegal immigration... etc

you want to give them back their right to bear arms then??? :mad:

It should be up for debate. If you committed your crime and served your punishment, wouldn't revoking someone's basic rights (voting, to bear arms) just be an extension of that punishment until they died? I am not real keen on letting felons vote or own firearms legally but we can't pretend like we don't make punishments last far beyond time served. Not being able to have access to proper self defense or vote on issues in which you pay taxes for sounds like penalties to me.

true - it needs to be by a case-by-case basis. Not an idealogical

across the board hit on the legal process.

The problem is, ending up right back in prison, and having their rights returned

to them after the first time. That percentage ranges in estimation from 52 to 66 percent.

that's pretty risky for a society to handle, I think, blanket releases-speaking wise.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/corrections/recidivism/Pages/welcome.aspx

true - it needs to be by a case-by-case basis. Not an idealogical

across the board hit on the legal process.

The problem is, ending up right back in prison, and having their rights returned

to them after the first time. That percentage ranges in estimation from 52 to 66 percent.

that's pretty risky for a society to handle, I think, blanket releases-speaking wise.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/corrections/recidivism/Pages/welcome.aspx

Yeah it is a risky thing. That is why I am on the fence. I see why somebody deserves to have their rights returned but I also so why we don't.

No. Drug dealers are even bigger scumbags than Obummao. They can rot in prison for all I care.

Obummao pretends to care about our children but then lets drug dealing scumbags out of prison. Who gives a shit if they are non-violent offenders? They were on the streets pushing their poison and that's just as bad as a violent crime.

Not that anybody actually asked my opinion but I figure if something is decriminalized and somebody is serving a huge sentence, I've got no problem with reevaluating the case.

WSS

Steve, I think you're being too reasonable here. This IS Obamao we're talking about.

Without digging into those numbers more right now, are you saying 33.7k is "far fewer" than 38.3k?

Semantics. His point remains - drugs kill in the same order of magnitude as guns and Obama is allowing them back on the street. Go from there.

Archived