THE BROWNS BOARD

Scumbag Obummoa lets more drug dealers out of prison

Speaking from experience I can tell you the ones that have been incarcerated for a super long time will go back to prison. A person gets institutionalized to a point they cant survive in the working world. They are too used to the surroundings. An example...take a housecat and them set them into the streets. Only a few can survive.

I only did four years. I'm not proud of it and it was a long time ago. I was at Leavenworth and its a tough place. You have to stay to your own race or get dealt with. For me it wasn't hard but for the ones who have lived on the streets it was harder. You think it would be the other way around but my goal was to do my time and get back home. For the ones on the streets, they had little family and money. I had money on my books and I can defend myself.

Even tho I did time I learned from my misstake and I'm a good boy.

Those drug stats are outdated. Last report for 2014 had it topping out at 47k deaths.

http://www.newsweek.com/drug-overdose-death-rate-all-time-high-cdc-report-407376

That number looks similar to others I saw while googling this yesterday. I believe that number includes prescription drugs, which aren't illegal. It doesn't seem fair to include those for the point trying to be made in the OP

That number looks similar to others I saw while googling this yesterday. I believe that number includes prescription drugs, which aren't illegal. It doesn't seem fair to include those for the point trying to be made in the OP

I can see that point. However, illegal prescription drug abuse is a huge problem in the south now that pill mill docs are getting arrested. The truth is somewhere in between.

Semantics. His point remains - drugs kill in the same order of magnitude as guns and Obama is allowing them back on the street. Go from there.

It frames the argument trying to be made going forward. If he said what you said, I'd have no issue. But we shouldn't be exaggerating/stretching figures to back our argument, especially when stats can be easily found to go against your statement.

Just trying to hold posters to some accountability.

Also, I'm guessing the majority of these "dangerous, violent drug dealers" were selling pot. Has anyone ever OD'd on pot?

If we really want a fair comparison we'd need to know what each drug dealer was selling and how many deaths each drug caused.

And that's without even bringing up alcohol, which ruins his entire argument.

I can see that point. However, illegal prescription drug abuse is a huge problem in the south now that pill mill docs are getting arrested. The truth is somewhere in between.

That's a valid point too. I do not know the breakdown between accidental ODs and the like vs illegal use ODs.

Back on topic, why is anyone incensed over a pittsnce of non violent offenders being released when we're millions overcrowded. Literally. Our stupid fucking system has to often release pedo's cause they have to make room for all these low level drug offenders. This is bullshit. This costs money too. Why are we not pleased at the notion of a penal system that starts to concentrate on the people we really cant have walking around? Some kid that got caught selling weed or whatever 3 times needs to be put away for life?

Back on topic, why is anyone incensed over a pittsnce of non violent offenders being released when we're millions overcrowded. Literally. Our stupid fucking system has to often release pedo's cause they have to make room for all these low level drug offenders. This is bullshit. This costs money too. Why are we not pleased at the notion of a penal system that starts to concentrate on the people we really cant have walking around? Some kid that got caught selling weed or whatever 3 times needs to be put away for life?

Totally agree. Different states need to get on the same page of music. How can one state let you grow weed and another state arrest you for it?

We've all heard the stories of rapists and pedos who were good boys in prison get let out way early cause of overcrowding, and went back to their bullshit within a few years.

I dont know why yet again you all have to line up down party lines. Just acknowledge an idea whos time is long due. Nothing to do whatsoever with liberslism/conservatism, its simply pragmatic

We've all heard the stories of rapists and pedos who were good boys in prison get let out way early cause of overcrowding, and went back to their bullshit within a few years.

I dont know why yet again you all have to line up down party lines. Just acknowledge an idea whos time is long due. Nothing to do whatsoever with liberslism/conservatism, its simply pragmatic

I had a "celly" that was doing time for making meth. He had federal charges because it was a crime to go into cahoots with someone else to plan a lab. I don't understand the whole process of the law.. Anyway he told me the only person he ever hurt was himself. I agreed with him. Let these guys out they're not hurting anybody, if anything give them another chance. Some may not come back.

Do you believe that convicted child rapists are let out of prison so we can incarcerate low level weed dealers?

WSS

Do you believe that convicted child rapists are let out of prison so we can incarcerate low level weed dealers?

WSS

I dont beleive it, i know its happened. Been documented. Pedos serving 25 got out 10 or more years early cause the prison was overcrowded. Of course they had to pinky swear they wouldnt put that pinky somewhere stinky when they got out

Archived