THE BROWNS BOARD

The Danger of the Black Lives Matter movement

calfoxwc

http://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-danger-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/?utm_campaign=imprimis&utm_source=hs_automation&utm_medium=email&utm_content=29391614&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_bZTnabZSk1SjVEXcpYPBcgLKo3R8K1n-iksk_qfCrBY8IeEysnas6XjKhbQrD5aDkxUUQ_bmo_8bdlpUYsaq6a2VjIw&_hsmi=29391621

(this is just the first page, to read more pages, go to the link)

The following is adapted from a speech delivered on April 27, 2016, at Hillsdale College’s Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington, D.C., as part of the AWC Family Foundation Lecture Series.

For almost two years, a protest movement known as “Black Lives Matter” has convulsed the nation. Triggered by the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, in August 2014, the Black Lives Matter movement holds that racist police officers are the greatest threat facing young black men today. This belief has triggered riots, “die-ins,” the murder and attempted murder of police officers, a campaign to eliminate traditional grand jury proceedings when police use lethal force, and a presidential task force on policing.

Even though the U.S. Justice Department has resoundingly disproven the lie that a pacific Michael Brown was shot in cold blood while trying to surrender, Brown is still venerated as a martyr. And now police officers are backing off of proactive policing in the face of the relentless venom directed at them on the street and in the media. As a result, violent crime is on the rise.

The need is urgent, therefore, to examine the Black Lives Matter movement’s central thesis—that police pose the greatest threat to young black men. I propose two counter hypotheses: first, that there is no government agency more dedicated to the idea that black lives matter than the police; and second, that we have been talking obsessively about alleged police racism over the last 20 years in order to avoid talking about a far larger problem—black-on-black crime.

Let’s be clear at the outset: police have an indefeasible obligation to treat everyone with courtesy and respect, and to act within the confines of the law. Too often, officers develop a hardened, obnoxious attitude. It is also true that being stopped when you are innocent of any wrongdoing is infuriating, humiliating, and sometimes terrifying. And needless to say, every unjustified police shooting of an unarmed civilian is a stomach-churning tragedy.

Given the history of racism in this country and the complicity of the police in that history, police shootings of black men are particularly and understandably fraught. That history informs how many people view the police. But however intolerable and inexcusable every act of police brutality is, and while we need to make sure that the police are properly trained in the Constitution and in courtesy, there is a larger reality behind the issue of policing, crime, and race that remains a taboo topic. The problem of black-on-black crime is an uncomfortable truth, but unless we acknowledge it, we won’t get very far in understanding patterns of policing.

This is a leftist/marxist political movement, which is why they were so outraged by

the statement "ALL LIVES MATTER".

It washes out the driving force behind their name of their hateful movement.

They're funded by George Soros

They are a hate group though, as far as I can tell. You don't run around saying "kill whitey", "pay reparations", "pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon" - then riot in streets, tell white people/reporters they aren't welcome in your space - and expect to be taken seriously.

They're funded by George Soros

They are a hate group though, as far as I can tell. You don't run around saying "kill whitey", "pay reparations", "pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon" - then riot in streets, tell white people/reporters they aren't welcome in your space - and expect to be taken seriously.

BLM has the same problem of any of these groups who spring up with "civil disobedience" and that's the fringe 2-5% Take Baltimore for instance where looting and etc occurred. That's what you'll see in the media (and I understand why) but the majority of people were attempting to peacefully protest. Heck, there's a bunch of stories of black men stopping others (literally arms across them) from hurting police saying violence isn't the answer.

The issue becomes leadership at that point more than anything else. Occupy Wall Street failed monumentally because there was no one person to calm people down. Using the obvious example, MLK was that guy during the 60's and of course practiced the way these things should go. Until (and perhaps will never actually happen) these guys get that type of leader, shit like we see will continue and no one will take it seriously before it fades away. Honestly, that's what beginning to happen now.

BLM has the same problem of any of these groups who spring up with "civil disobedience" and that's the fringe 2-5% Take Baltimore for instance where looting and etc occurred. That's what you'll see in the media (and I understand why) but the majority of people were attempting to peacefully protest. Heck, there's a bunch of stories of black men stopping others (literally arms across them) from hurting police saying violence isn't the answer.

The issue becomes leadership at that point more than anything else. Occupy Wall Street failed monumentally because there was no one person to calm people down. Using the obvious example, MLK was that guy during the 60's and of course practiced the way these things should go. Until (and perhaps will never actually happen) these guys get that type of leader, shit like we see will continue and no one will take it seriously before it fades away. Honestly, that's what beginning to happen now.

Outstanding post.

According to the article, the greatest threat to young black men are police officers.

I have to disagree, the greatest threat to young black men...are other young black men.

They are killing each other at an alarming rate.

BLM people don't even know what BLM is advocating for.

They could have been reasonable, peaceful advocates for things like police body cameras - but instead they just scream and yell and make headlines for being racist and causing destruction.

BLM people don't even know what BLM is advocating for.

They could have been reasonable, peaceful advocates for things like police body cameras - but instead they just scream and yell and make headlines for being racist and causing destruction.

From my experience speaking with a BLM organizer, they would like to see the defunding of the police departments and see it replaced with 'a system of accountability'. I asked for structured detail behind this 'system' he mentioned. Said organizer was extremely vague to the point I stopped in cold stare and said "You really have no idea what you're plan is beyond wanting no police, do you?".

Then I was told how the ultimate goal is to see the US Constitution stripped clean as it was not framed with black people, minorities and women in mind at its conception.

To a small extent I agreed with the latter, though destroying the foundation of America isn't what I believe - the Constitution is a document that can be amended, changed, built upon etc etc. However the first part is total bat shit lunacy.

Then I was told how the ultimate goal is to see the US Constitution stripped clean as it was not framed with black people, minorities and women in mind at its conception.

It wasn't at its conception, but we have things like the 15th and 19th amendments nowadays.

The leader is George Soros, not quite as high character of a guy as MLK

Eh, I'm not sure I'm with you on that. I don't think when there's rifts in the BLM protesters people are waiting to hear what George Soros is going to say to motivate them. I understand who he is and all that but idk about him being the "leader".

Eh, I'm not sure I'm with you on that. I don't think when there's rifts in the BLM protesters people are waiting to hear what George Soros is going to say to motivate them. I understand who he is and all that but idk about him being the "leader".

The puppeteer, perhaps.

ah. you don't know who he is, yet, correct? I get some time,

I'll send you a bunch of links....

I know precisely who that gay joolord is. I'm saying this narrative of him as this behind the scenes Oz like mother fucker is on my last nerves. You're giving him way too much credit.

Archived