THE BROWNS BOARD

giant raise of minimum wage fight already backfiring

calfoxwc

you betcha. It will be fewer jobs, especially for retirees and special education students/physically

handicapped.

Companies will go with kiosks

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/13/report-wendys-to-roll-out-self-serve-kiosks-by-end-of-2016-as-wage-increases-squeeze-fast-food-companies/

raising it so much? makes innovation cost-effective. You don't know how many programs there are

where companies hire the learning and physically disabled.

Raise it that much - and either there's fewer employees....or prices skyrocket until innovation replaces

employees entirely.

this marxist gov has it's nose out of joint.

We should raise the minimum wage.

And this is just a consequence of innovation. We were working our way to increased automation regardless of the hourly wage

Not entirely dissimilar to your idea of making it so expensive to use fossil fuels that people were forced to consider alternative energy.

WSS

The min wage should be variable based on the type of company you work for. A locally owned coffee shop should not be held to the wages of a starbucks, but nor should starbucks get awsy with paying wages on par with a struggling local shop. Im just using starbucks as an example cause i think they do pay more. You guys what im saying. Its a fair compromise. As your business grows you should be obligated to chip off some to those that helped you grow it.

The min wage should be variable based on the type of company you work for. A locally owned coffee shop should not be held to the wages of a starbucks, but nor should starbucks get awsy with paying wages on par with a struggling local shop. Im just using starbucks as an example cause i think they do pay more. You guys what im saying. Its a fair compromise. As your business grows you should be obligated to chip off some to those that helped you grow it.

Yep I agree with you again. Any other way it's going to put the small business owner out of business.

Well first I don't think there should probably be a minimum wage, business needs decent people to work there and they don't pay that semi or unskilled labor will go to somebody who does.

But if there is one considered that 15 bucks an hour is great in Carrollton Ohio and shit in New York City.

As far as the local coffee shop the owner probably works there every day.

Why should he pay less than Starbucks for labor?

His expenses are probably less to begin with.

WSS

Well first I don't think there should probably be a minimum wage, business needs decent people to work there and they don't pay that semi or unskilled labor will go to somebody who does.

Free market theory thats been proven false every time. As evidenced by a workers in a city/town where the main companies left ro go overseas......those workers were never soaked up by someone else. Pure ayn randian drivel. Why else are republicans trying to make coal a big campaign issue? They know those workers are fucked if coal goes away and those are teeasured conservative voters.

Its pure pie in the sky theory that if you dont like your job or you're being treated like shit that you can just quit and have another job shortly. That kind of economy has never existed in all of time, but listen to free market shills and honks long enough you hear shit like how dare we force business's to provide time for lunch, if the greedy lazy proletariat want 30 minutes for lunch they should go find another company that will allow that. The amount of things inherently wrong with that philosophy is too much to go into

Free market theory thats been proven false every time. As evidenced by a workers in a city/town where the main companies left ro go overseas......those workers were never soaked up by someone else. Pure ayn randian drivel. Why else are republicans trying to make coal a big campaign issue? They know those workers are fucked if coal goes away and those are teeasured conservative voters.

Cleve

Oh, baloney. Companies went overseas because of BIG GOV HIGH TAXATION. What are you smoking,

whacky-tobaccy? Read some news - higgardly has po'd all the coal workeres by saying they'd lose their jobs,

because of "mmgw". And Obamao has declared obamaowar on coal, too. It's demoquacks that have made

coal a political issue, and alienated coal workers and everyone who knows them.

I don't know how you can go all bonkers on the wrong side of the tracks just because you heard

a bird whistling.

Cleve

Oh, baloney. Companies went overseas because of BIG GOV HIGH TAXATION. What are you smoking,

whacky-tobaccy? Read some news - higgardly has po'd all the coal workeres by saying they'd lose their jobs,

because of "mmgw". And Obamao has declared obamaowar on coal, too. It's demoquacks that have made

I don't know how you can go all bonkers on the wrong side of the tracks just because you heard

a bird whistling.

Yeah, the ability to cut paying wages to about 5% of something livable for Americans wasn't tempting, I'm sure.

Also, the concept of removing minimum wage because companies will then get this influx of talent from rival business whom pay less (because of greater 'skills') is trash. I once heard someone make mention that business' will compete for workers under that system thus making minimum wage a thing of the past. I laughed pretty hard - Because we all know there hasn't been price fixing by competitive companies in any market before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleve

a bird whistling.

Cal go back and read what i posted....the reason "why"!companies left was irrelevant to my point about how workers arent magically soaked up by the free market.

First of all that free market you speak of has never been tested in modern-day United States. Second if you have a shitty job and you're treated like crap and you are a good employee you could get another one. If you are a lazy turd that they aren't allowed to fire and are forced to pay 15 bucks an hour everybody suffers.

Third Republicans support the coal industry because it's just that, and Industry. It employs and is responsible for the livelihoods of many people in coal producing states. The Democrats don't give a fuck because they expect those people to vote conservatively.

I don't actually know of any shitty jobs these days that pay minimum wage not even around here where wages are lower than many large cities. Even fast food is paying eight nine or ten dollars an hour.

Even the dregs of society unable to do any but the most menial tasks need to prove themselves to improve their lives.

WSS

Where and when?

WSS

The better question is how do you think it hasnt? We might be talking past each orher here so lemme ask you to clarify before we move on. As it pertains to the labor market, why di you think its not been "capitslist"? Is the private sector not in fact our countries biggest employment pool?

If min. wage goes up to $15 an hr what about the people that are making $15 an hr now? Does everyone get a raise or just the ones who can't hold own a job?

Ironically some union members are in favor of raising the minimum wage because some of the teamster contracts require that whatever they make must be x amount of dollars above the minimum wage. Or at least that was the case at one time.

WSS

Not entirely dissimilar to your idea of making it so expensive to use fossil fuels that people were forced to consider alternative energy.

WSS

Not exactly what I was saying, but its closer than you usually get. I guess I should be happy with it.

We're going to move on from fossil fuels eventually. Leaving it purely up to the free market could easily put us in a dangerous situation. I think increased regulation/taxes could drive the inevitable change to alternative energy more quickly, and before too much damage is done. That doesn't mean making gas $5 a gallon and making everyone get electric cars tomorrow.

Actually, the free market would drive R&D in alternative fuel sources.

Gov interference just makes a lot of money for liberal causes and...

redistribution of wealth.

Can't legislate innovation. A company that could invest and develop a new

source of fuel...

would make billions. You can't just invent something that hasn't been invented yet, and may

never be possible. Conductive polymers came about without any big liberal gov high taxes and fines and fees.

Innovation happens when it happens after it's proven to be possible.

Actually, the free market would drive R&D in alternative fuel sources.

Gov interference just makes a lot of money for liberal causes and...

redistribution of wealth.

Can't legislate innovation. A company that could invest and develop a new

source of fuel...

would make billions. You can't just invent something that hasn't been invented yet, and may

never be possible. Conductive polymers came about without any big liberal gov high taxes and fines and fees.

Innovation happens when it happens after it's proven to be possible.

Theres actually anacdotal evidence that some promising alt fuel ideas got squelched with hrlp from our govt and other govts abroad. A decentralized energy infrastructure is more dangerous to their control than even the decentralization of the food chain

Theres actually anacdotal evidence that some promising alt fuel ideas got squelched with hrlp from our govt and other govts abroad. A decentralized energy infrastructure is more dangerous to their control than even the decentralization of the food chain

I hear the guy that invented a 100 miles a gallon carburetor is locked in a dungeon underneath the Ford Motor Company.

WSS

Archived