THE BROWNS BOARD

when does optimism start?

LBC mike

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question Mike. I'm optimistic because it's a new year and a new start. Not too much worse than a 3-13 record like last season should bring most around. It doesn't help with the Internet trolls coming in and bad mouthing the Browns.

I like this year because it seems like a complete purge. Infused with young talent.

Exactly. Some fans and most media are crying about the "talent" we lost (Mack, Schwartz, ect..), but for me that's part of my optimism. I've seen what the Browns look like with these "team leaders/stars" on the field, and it wasn't good. Now we get to watch some young guys sprinkled all over the field, and that alone excites me.

Gonna be some pleasantly surprised Browns fans this year.

Exactly. Some fans and most media are crying about the "talent" we lost (Mack, Schwartz, ect..), but for me that's part of my optimism. I've seen what the Browns look like with these "team leaders/stars" on the field, and it wasn't good. Now we get to watch some young guys sprinkled all over the field, and that alone excites me.

Totally agree. ^^^

Totally agree. ^^^

Me three. In my case, the question is "When did optimism END?"...my answer...NEVER!

Mike

as soon as the new coaching staff took over, and started talking like

I, and others, have talked....

that's when I knew it would finally be making sense.

You want to build a winning TEAM... draft a bunch of kids who

love the game, have a great work ethic, can freaking PLAY

at their level - even if they are "off the radar"...

and have the coaches in place who can teach them to be successful

additions to your team.

Enough with the lack of teaching from a coaching staff. Enough with

drafting rated athletes with prima donna attitudes, pot smoking/etc red flags,

plays who don't love the game, and couldn't care less if they are suspended

out of it, as long as they make enough money for the rest of the year....

The Browns have people in place now, who are doing what we have been wanting

for years. No more "not playing a rookie, and the rookie goes elsewhere and becomes

a starter" crap.

I will be optimistic when I hear a real commitment beyond 2 years from Jimmy H. So far I just hear the usual and patience is not his strong suit. Consistent turnarounds take 5 years or more with a lot of heartbreaks along the way. Can he and Browns fans tolerate that?

I always try to be optimistic......it's simply a hope for the best possible outcome.....so, why not be optimistic, even if the projected outcome isnt always roses?

While we wont be winning the Super Bowl, I still hope the Browns get better.....and hope for the best season possible, given what we have....

Pessimists just bring me down.......

i'm optimistic about all the new WRs that were drafted, hopefully some of them can turn into offensive weapons to help the QB out.

We drafted four, plus the TE. If two of those can go on to have even 800 yard seasons for 10 years, pretty decent result.

This is exactly the problem I have with Browns fans. Year after year, no matter who the fuck gets hired, the comments are the same...........

• You can see a difference in the way this FO interacts
  • I like the hands-on approach from this coach
  • This is the best group of draft picks we have had in years
  • This FO really has a plan

Look, dumb asses, this fucking team drafted perhaps the WORST of all 32 teams given the fact that we had the #2 overall pick, and wound up with a sack of shit we could have picked up as walk ons and rejects from the top teams come preseason.

No reason to be optimistic. We have no QB and no play makers. How the fuck can you think this will be a good year?

Idiots.

You must be great fun at parties

Farmer? Farmer? Good fuck, man, Farmer gave the Browns top talent at their positions. Give those same players to Pittsburgh or New England and you have a bunch of starters. Hue will be unemployed in 2 years.

You mean like Farmer choices Johnny Manzeil, Justin Gilbert, Cam Erving etc.

As it happens, I am. But THIS is not a party, you cunt. 16 fucking years I have listened to your jackoffs puking the same bullshit over and fucking over and mother fucking over.

Every year it's the same shit, and you jackoffs never change. The team had the #2 and #32 pick, a low cap, a trad-able Joe Thomas, and we AGAIN, do not take a single top player. The team has no QB, No RB, no WRs, no pass rushers, No Veteran stalwarts ................and you ass fucks want to be optimistic?

Sashi and De-Pud-Duster can fucking analyze their cunts until the cows come home, but NOBODY wins fucking football games without people who can pass, catch, run, and tackle. That's football, you ass weasel. THAT is what you base optimism on. Not hiring 30 fucking people to do analytics. The Browns have no stars, they drafted no stars, and there isn't a single fucking thing the shit-dick ass fuckers in the FO are going to do to score touchdowns.

Now, invite me to a party? I will have you laughing your stubby, gnarled, shit-encrusted, transgendered cock off, and pissing in your pantyhose.

However, THIS is not a party. Pretending we are on the right track is a crock of shit. 16 years I have watched you assholes pretending. The question is SIMPLE..........who the fuck is going to make touchdowns for this team? Who the fuck is going to stp the Steelers from jamming the box and forcing the Browns O to again be a dink and dump mess? Who is going to rough up opposing QBs and force errant passes?

This team will get massacred.

Again not the language I'd use but the message is pretty close. Everyone buying Coleman jerseys.

Farmer? Farmer? Good fuck, man, Farmer gave the Browns top talent at their positions.

Do you mean talented limo drivers? Talented Beer vendors?

He sure as fuck didn't put much talent on the field with his 22 picks.

Every offseason I'm more excited than optimistic. I start drinking the NFL Kool-Aid that teams can turn it around and by Halloween reality sets in that teams can't over come lack of talent.

In College Station we call it Maroon Kool-Aid and it's best drunk in the hottest part of the season, August. And no one can disprove it until the first game. Wonderful stuff that Kool-Aid! :P:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

As it happens, I am. But THIS is not a party, you cunt. 16 fucking years I have listened to your jackoffs puking the same bullshit over and fucking over and mother fucking over.

Every year it's the same shit, and you jackoffs never change. The team had the #2 and #32 pick, a low cap, a trad-able Joe Thomas, and we AGAIN, do not take a single top player. The team has no QB, No RB, no WRs, no pass rushers, No Veteran stalwarts ................and you ass fucks want to be optimistic?

Sashi and De-Pud-Duster can fucking analyze their cunts until the cows come home, but NOBODY wins fucking football games without people who can pass, catch, run, and tackle. That's football, you ass weasel. THAT is what you base optimism on. Not hiring 30 fucking people to do analytics. The Browns have no stars, they drafted no stars, and there isn't a single fucking thing the shit-dick ass fuckers in the FO are going to do to score touchdowns.

Now, invite me to a party? I will have you laughing your stubby, gnarled, shit-encrusted, transgendered cock off, and pissing in your pantyhose.

However, THIS is not a party. Pretending we are on the right track is a crock of shit. 16 years I have watched you assholes pretending. The question is SIMPLE..........who the fuck is going to make touchdowns for this team? Who the fuck is going to stp the Steelers from jamming the box and forcing the Browns O to again be a dink and dump mess? Who is going to rough up opposing QBs and force errant passes?

This team will get massacred.

You haven't had sex in a very long time have you

You're asking a bunch of diehard fans that have known basically NOTHING but losing for twenty years what they are optimistic about, so be ready for their responses.

For me, the only tangible optimism is the fact we are not running a country club anymore. The pace, intensity, and attitude of OTA's and minicamp is a stark contrast from years past, and while I obviously wasn't there, multiple journalists have said as much. We are not going to be physically ill-prepared, and our coaches aren't going to let us get out-worked. I have optimism about our new strength program, and I love having individual strength coaches and programs for each position group. It makes a lot of sense, and I expect to see results.

I'm further optimistic about our obvious emphasis on the WR position. Ray Farmer really screwed us over at this position, and he managed to miss out on the best WR class in decades. His sole selection was named "the worst pick of the draft" by multiple analysts, and the fourth round selection never made the roster.

I also like the fact that we have an offensive coach that has a track record at getting the most out of whatever talent he has...especially at the QB position. Further, Hue Jackson wants to run the ball, and that is something that many fans yearn to see. As we all know, running the ball depends on many variables, but perhaps none larger than the defense keeping us IN THE GAME so we aren't down 3 scores at halftime. I do NOT have optimism about our defense (yet), as I feel we have many holes and too much reliability on young players. Ray Horton didn't blow me away during his first stint. I felt like he just blitzed every 3rd down and we got our ass handed to us WAY too much when other teams knew the blitz was coming.

I suppose I'm optimistic about the running game though, and the more I think about it, the better I feel. I'm not saying that Crow and Duke are the equivalent of Giovanni and Hill, but there are definitely some similarities, and our franchise not drafting a single RB speaks volumes as to how we feel about our young talent.

I am not optimistic about RG III...not yet. In fact, I'm not really sure he can beat out Josh McCown. McCown knows how to pick up offenses, and there's nothing wrong with his arm. Further, he has an excellent relationship with Barnidge, and knows to find him for big plays. I'm not saying that RG III can't win the job, but Josh can throw the damn rock. I'd LOVE to see what Josh can do with a running game and a defense, and I'm COMPLETELY shocked that Denver didn't make a huge play for him. Bring in McCown for a season to help with Lynch? Makes a ton of sense, but what do I know?

Multiple sports stories are trying VERY HARD to get me optimistic about Justin Gilbert, but that's not going to happen. Not until I see him in a game. Don't get me wrong, I would like NOTHING more than for him to work out. I mean...can you IMAGINE having another quality CB just appear from nowhere? Yeah...it'd be amazing, but I'm not counting on it.

Archived