THE BROWNS BOARD

Cancer patients get taken for a ride in this country.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/were-spending-dollar107-billion-on-cancer-drugs-but-is-it-worth-it/ar-BBtMuCy?li=BBnbfcN

They charge insurance companies 12k a month for these bullshit drugs that lengthen ur lifespan by 1 month. Got to be kidding. And we wonder why health care is broken. U get csncer just stop eating. http://www.drbuckeye.com/reverse-cancer-with-a-low-calorie-low-carbohydrate-diet

Cancer cells feed on simple carbs that our stupid food chain is stocked full of. No simple sugars no growth.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/were-spending-dollar107-billion-on-cancer-drugs-but-is-it-worth-it/ar-BBtMuCy?li=BBnbfcN

They charge insurance companies 12k a month for these bullshit drugs that lengthen ur lifespan by 1 month. Got to be kidding. And we wonder why health care is broken. U get csncer just stop eating. http://www.drbuckeye.com/reverse-cancer-with-a-low-calorie-low-carbohydrate-diet

Cancer cells feed on simple carbs that our stupid food chain is stocked full of. No simple sugars no growth.

There's alot I agree with you on here, but I do have one question:

For cancer patients, how valuable is one extra month of life to them? Can you put a price on that?

For cancer patients, how valuable is one extra month of life to them? Can you put a price on that?

To answer your last question, yes: $12,000 to your family and loved ones

Speaking for myself, one month of wasting away in a hospital on all kinds of drugs and being barely cognizant if where i am..... Useless. All it does is keep me from the great journey.

They did a procedure on my uncle where they snipped something in his brain stem to limit the chances of his lung cancer spreading to his brain. Well he beat the lung cancer but went into a mental state for a couple years of not knowing where he was most of the time. I will tell people of what i witnessed for the rest of my life. When its ur time, say ur goodbyes snd make peace with ur god. Do not let these darklings string you out for years so they can feed on you and ur family.

Wouldnt you rather go out with full mental faculties then being in an incoherent veggie state for years? At least my uncle had a brief moment right before he died when he started coughing badly and they asked him if they should call the ambulance.....he violently shook his head no. He was dead a few mins later.

My dad has stage 4 lung cancer. He was just put into home hospice. According to him he'd rather do what he wants to do and go when he goes rather than diet and try other holistic things for an extra month or two. On a side note it's a rough time for me.

My dad has stage 4 lung cancer. He was just put into home hospice. According to him he'd rather do what he wants to do and go when he goes rather than diet and try other holistic things for an extra month or two. On a side note it's a rough time for me.

sorry to hear this dude. But at least you get to be there with him with whatever time he's got left instead of getting a call one day and he's gone. Help him to the other side. Might not hurt to ask him to do things maybe just a little bit healthier to keep his mind sharp for the end so the transition is peaceful.

It may be better but I'm still convinced oncologists have no idea what they're doing. They mean well but they might as well be consulting chicken bones

What i find appalling though is they wont tell people cancer cells thrive on glucose from simple carbs. Our regular cells can get the energy they need from ketones which are produced when the body breaks down fat. But cancer cells cannot. It shows even the medical community will not fuck with the carbohydrate mafia. And why would they our profound lack of understanding for the human condition feeds them billions

What i find appalling though is they wont tell people cancer cells thrive on glucose from simple carbs. Our regular cells can get the energy they need from ketones which are produced when the body breaks down fat. But cancer cells cannot. It shows even the medical community will not fuck with the carbohydrate mafia. And why would they our profound lack of understanding for the human condition feeds them billions

Hey maybe Moochelle can spray the wheat Fields with paraquat.

;)

WSS

As far as cancer yes it is definitely a scourge. It took my mother nearly sixty years ago and broke my father's heart. He took her to New York City and an oncology center and they perform something called the million volt x-ray.

They wanted to remove the leg thinking it might be a month or two but they decided no. Just a few years ago esophagus cancer got my father. He was 86 so he thought about the chemo and the operations involved that probably wouldn't buy him much more time and would certainly make the rest of that time miserable and he decided to say goodbye.

But I know how it is we all say if there's no quality of life just pull the plug. Still, who knows? When that time comes we might be willing to give everything we have for one more minute.

WSS

? When that time comes we might be willing to give everything we have for one more minute.

WSS

because we spent the entirety of this life in abject ignorance as to who we really are. If we wouldn't do that, the end would be the welcome beginning somewhere else. Why we've grown so ignorant of ourselves is for another thread.

because we spent the entirety of this life in abject ignorance as to who we really are. If we wouldn't do that, the end would be the welcome beginning somewhere else. Why we've grown so ignorant of ourselves is for another thread.

Yes it is. No I'm not sure we lost sight of anything we never had any idea about.

WSS

So sorry to hear this.

My father died in 1995 from lung cancer. I'm sure the treatment is better now then it was 21 years ago. We didn't know what the fuck was going on half the time as the doctors didn't inform us. It was a very rough time.

my sympathies to all here who lost a loved one to cancer.

my dad died of bone cancer stemming from a lifetime of smoking. he had plenty warning too - emphysema being one of them.

he found out when he fell - hurt his wrist - had an xray and the doctor saw the partially missing bones... wasnt long after that.

so when the time comes for all of us - and it will, what keeps you remaining hopeful?

keeps you waking up and embracing life with contentment?

I know its another topic, but it was raised earlier.

I want to ask this of the agnostics and the self styled atheists here- just wondering

so when the time comes for all of us - and it will, what keeps you remaining hopeful?

I want to ask this of the agnostics and the self styled atheists here- just wondering

So I understand your question, you're asking, in the really tough times, what will keep me going, if I don't have any god to turn to? Where do I find the inner strength to not just give in? If I'm mistaken, please correct me. It's a serious issue and I want to understand it fully before answering.

I just don't need a promise of a paradise after all of this to keep me motivated. I am happy because I stay doing the things I enjoy and find happiness in the relationships I have with my wife, family, and friends. I stay grounded in the tangible things I have control of and don't focus on potential payoffs in an afterlife that I don't believe exists. No knock to those who are believers.

Human nature? Fight or flight? No living creature wants to die, self preservation is pretty much natural.

And with so many emotions or feelings we struggle to create reasons for them.

WSS

I know right? I would go with ignorant bliss if I could get away with it

I wonder how much the power of fear alone can influence peoples choices?

I am amazed at people who came through a terrible shipwrecked type lives and came back with a sense of peace and contentment, and

also saddened by those who with the same conditions - didnt or couldnt

So I understand your question, you're asking, in the really tough times, what will keep me going, if I don't have any god to turn to? Where do I find the inner strength to not just give in? If I'm mistaken, please correct me. It's a serious issue and I want to understand it fully before answering.

thank you for asking - I was just asking for a purely subjective question that can go rather deep... nonetheless

when I asked about the aspect between (hope ) vs agnostics / atheists (that you picked up on) I guess I meant why is there a palpable hatred for the

spiritual relationship people of religious faith have vs the intellectual / scientific faith you guys keep?

I would pray that you (as well as each of us) can have health, strength, prosperity, creativity - add any attribute...

I just dont get that vibe from the crowd you guys run with- so I wonder wheres the hope?

I just don't need a promise of a paradise after all of this to keep me motivated. I am happy because I stay doing the things I enjoy and find happiness in the relationships I have with my wife, family, and friends. I stay grounded in the tangible things I have control of and don't focus on potential payoffs in an afterlife that I don't believe exists. No knock to those who are believers.

thanks - the story you shared about your dad is one that is probably the best reason for faith.

Archived