THE BROWNS BOARD

A heartwarming story of black community unity in Chicago...

jbluhm86

Bagging on one does not an endorsement of the opposite make. It is more drawing attention to the fact that these laws don't work in Chicago so punishing law abiding citizens doesn't really seem logical to me. I don't think the gents who go around shooting kids give much of a damn about a law about a handgun.

And the argument that Chi is not an island? Not walled off? That less restrictive laws in neighboring counties/ states effectively neuter the city's laws?

And the argument that Chi is not an island? Not walled off? That less restrictive laws in neighboring counties/ states effectively neuter the city's laws?

The wall just got 10 feet higher, let me tell you.

But really the surrounding areas have laws prohibiting non citizens of the state from buying guns. According to the law out of state firearm sales have to be brokered through an in state FFL dealer.

Nobody follows those laws

Sounds like a case for a national standard...

Criminals break the law no matter where it's set at.

I understand it'd be nice if we could just take away however many tens or hundreds of millions of guns there are in the US.

Making them impossible to get doesn't solve the problem of the hundreds of millions already here. We don't have a gun database that tells you where all 300mil+ are located.

--

The problem is the poverty ridden communities and many of the youth's terrible upbringing that brings them to constantly kill each other.

Guns aren't the problem, shitty communities and ideals are the problem. Guns protect good people from the people with shitty ideals.

You can cause a lot of damage with a knife, or a gun, or a pressure cooker, or a truck, or an airplane. The ultimate problem is how shitty inner city schools and parents are - it's an easier problem to fix than the so called gun ptobor - which isn't fixable at all.

Switzerland does pretty well with a lot of guns, places like France and Germany not doing so hot lately with virtually no guns

Wait? What?

Was this the support in Cleve's citation?

"We're looking at a million-plus people in the Army," he said. "Any suggestion that this is rampant, we just don't see that."

Said they had 10 open cases.

Those 10 guys then must have been grafitti ninjas allover iraq and afghanistan

Archived