THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Reinstated with 4 Game Suspension

Zombo

One of my favorite receptions Josh had, and also one of my favorite Weeden throws, was on a 3rd and 16 deep in the fourth quarter. We had to get a first down in order to move the clock and essentially win the game. Many people, myself included, figured we'd do a running play to force a timeout, but we didn't do that at all. Instead, Weeden fired maybe his prettiest pass to a decently covered Gordon right at the sticks for 16 yards. We then just about ran the clock out and won the game (I forget our opponent). It was pretty impressive.

Our friend, I was up for 2 games back in 2013. 9-29. Hoyer out played Dalton & our defense was crazy good with Haden shutting down AJ Again for the win..Stayed for the Thursday Night Game against Buffalo, when Hoyer went down with knee. We Done threw the prettiest bomb of his life to Gordon on the left sideline in stride that I had ever seen. And I was right their in the Dog Pound corner with Gordon celebrating going into 1st place in division with him. Flash is a Freak with size & strength coming off the line of scrimmage that no small DB can touch him. It's not the talent in Josh anybody questions but it has always been the players background with all that talent they question. Man I hope this kid just see's the future he has left in this sport..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our friend, I was up for 2 games back in 2013. 9-29. Hoyer out played Dalton & our defense was crazy good with Haden shutting down AJ Again for the win..Stayed for the Thursday Night Game against Buffalo, when Hoyer went down with knee. We Done threw the prettiest bomb of his life to Gordon on the left sideline in stride that I had ever seen. And I was right their in the Dog Pound corner with Gordon celebrating going into 1st place in division with him. Flash is a Freak with size & strength coming off the line of scrimmage that no small DB can touch him. It's not the talent in Josh anybody questions but it has always been the players background with all that talent they question. Man I hope this kid just see's the future he has left in this sport..

Weeden did have the arm...and could on occasion flash it like in that play you mention. Problem was, too often he just couldn't see or read the defense.

Problem was, too often he just couldn't see or read the defense.

Well what had happen was, "too often" showed up 10 days later with Lions at home again. Up 17-7 at half. We give up 24 unanswered & We Done in the grasp of defender gave up "the reverse blinded shot put" into the arms of a Lion..And that my friends was the end of "We Done in Cleve Land" :ph34r:

getting back to Josh Gordon....

just heard an interview with him.

He admits he was a selfish player back

before, but now he is changed, and wants

to be the player he should have been, something like that.

He understands how fans doubt him, but he wants to prove

himself on the field and in the community that he's grown.

I think he's serious/sincere...so, no more bashing of him from me.

But if I had to choose, I think I'd still keep Pryor - Hue will know

if/how Gordon honestly fits or not by watching him in practice.

But good luck to him - just hard to believe in him just yet.

Did not know a hammie impacted the brain...

Being able to be in the facility, in the WR room, in walk/jog-throughs is yuge. No reason Josh can't "learn" the playbook.

Polish his WR skills? Different story... so long away has to have taken its toll, but it's not as if he was a polished route-runner in his early seasons... more a raw talent o' plenty.

Bottom line.... I'm not too worried... anything we get from him is in the "bonus" category.

Also, last I read it was speculated he could be back in two weeks... so the pull's grade must not be too "high". A little "medicinal" and he should be fine in no time.

Then as long as he doesn't pull a groin taking a piss-test...

I'll agree with what was said earlier in the thread. Josh was probably training so hard- he done hurt himself.

getting back to Josh Gordon....

just heard an interview with him.

He admits he was a selfish player back

before, but now he is changed, and wants

to be the player he should have been, something like that.

He understands how fans doubt him, but he wants to prove

himself on the field and in the community that he's grown.

I think he's serious/sincere...so, no more bashing of him from me.

But if I had to choose, I think I'd still keep Pryor - Hue will know

if/how Gordon honestly fits or not by watching him in practice.

But good luck to him - just hard to believe in him just yet.

Exactly Cal- we've heard this before. And I still keep Pryor regardless. I'd love to see a 40 race between Pryor and a healthy Josh.

Man, what a story!

My best Browns "in person moment" was the Steelers game we actually WON in Pittsburgh. As most know, I live in Florida. Going to Browns games is something I try to do every year, but can't always make it happen. Anyways, I spent some money and me and a friend flew up to Pittsburgh to see Tim Couch and the Browns beat down the Steelers AT Heinz field! It was freaking amazing. It's the game where Couch had like a 15 yard TD run and then flexed in the end zone, hahahahaha. My seats were 11 rows up at the 40 yard line (don't ask about the price...yeesh), and it was quite possibly the most satisfying sporting experience of my life. Hehehehe.

I was also at the "Quincy Morgan Hail Mary" game at Jacksonville, and that's a story for a different time. LOL. Fights broke out all over the place, and my buddy and I had to RUN through the stadium to get to our car.

Well what had happen was, "too often" showed up 10 days later with Lions at home again. Up 17-7 at half. We give up 24 unanswered & We Done in the grasp of defender gave up "the reverse blinded shot put" into the arms of a Lion..And that my friends was the end of "We Done in Cleve Land" :ph34r:

Weeden had a terrific arm and threw a beautiful ball. Many forget he did actually play DECENTLY at times. I was at the game in Dallas where the refs COMPLETELY screwed our Browns with 87 pass interference calls. One of his best games, in some ways.

Yup... one read wonder Wheezy...

Couple posts above took me down the memory trail to an oldie...

Browns visited the Oilers in the Astrodome on Dec 23, 1989. Game was blacked out locally so I drove to the Dome last minute and dropped $50 (big cheese at the time) for a single ticket on the press level on the 50. Actually was only plate glass between me and the broadcast team... Intro'd myself to married season ticket holders to my left and apologized in advance for rooting for the Browns.

We played well early, jumping out to a 10-0 lead and were driving again from the Oiler 40 when Slaughter ran a post-corner against a single high that Bernie looked off. I saw Web break it back out, jumped out of my seat and yelled, "There he is!" Pretty sure Bernie did not need my help as he was already raring back to launch...

Hit Web in stride... 40-yd TD... 17-3 halftime lead...

Oilers stormed back when Moon got hot (he ended up with 400+) in 2nd half and led 20-17 late, before we drove late and won 24-17 on a 4-yd Mack TD run.

Nice early Christmas present to myself...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198912230oti.htm

Archived