THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon to Giants Most Likely

KardiacKid26

Best part of the article:

With Rob Royal and David Patten as their top pass catchers left, however, new OC Brian Daboll is going to deserve a medal if Cleveland finishes above 25th in offense

So true, we'll soon be down to no playmakers. Not sure I disagree as long as we get Crabtree. Otherwise, it's going to get rough pretty quickly.

My guess is the Browns are holding out for the 1st instead of the second and probably Smith on top of Hixon. At this point, the Giants are waiting to see if they actually have to sweeten the pot or not, probably with a "let me know if someone has something better on draft day" type of thing and they'll match it if they have to.

We are probably looking at an offense similar to 1985, when Marty ran the ball 75% of the time. If we can get picks for Braylon, lets do it.

I am so 50/50 on this. BE could be great. But the question is Could Be. He had his head so far up his own can he couldn't see to catch. His little wager with Phelps "two TD's for every Gold Medal won" is what they call "Pride goeth before a fall"... It's almost like he cursed himself before the season began.

I would be willing to give him another try, but on the other hand, a second chance with another team is not a bad idea either. Not sure how to feel.. But I would say that a first rounder better be had if this deal does go down.

This Braylon-To-Broadway bit from PFT makes some sense:

"From a timing standpoint, it would be prudent for the Browns to refrain from doing the deal until the Giants are on the clock with their first-round pick. This would prevent a team picking beneath No. 29 from leapfrogging the Browns in an effort to get the player they might be targeting".

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/14/...dway-after-all/

anyone really think crabs will come in here and contribute his first year?

puff puff give.....youre screwing up the rotation.

In Cleveland, probably not. Maybe having an experienced QB possibly. Anyone remember Randy Moss's rookie year...? It can happen...

Best part of the article:

With Rob Royal and David Patten as their top pass catchers left, however, new OC Brian Daboll is going to deserve a medal if Cleveland finishes above 25th in offense

So true, we'll soon be down to no playmakers. Not sure I disagree as long as we get Crabtree. Otherwise, it's going to get rough pretty quickly.

25th would be an improvement from last year...

Maybe mankok will get rid of bq and da and talk farve or clemens or some other ex jet like namath into quarterbacking the cleveland jets to officially see if we can tie detroit at the 0-16 mark...

This is looking like deju vu all over again..i mean i have nothing against building from scratch but im seeing ex jet players of less than desirable talent flooding in and our best existing players being traded out for draft picks that can and likely will land us less talent then we already have based on manginis previous choices...

We are heading for trouble again folks...hehehehehe

Whats rich have to say about the rumors that are looking like they aint rumors?

there's this now too: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...317&id=3126

Profootballtalk.com hears that a Braylon Edwards trade to the Giants is unlikely, despite two reports to the contrary.

PFT suggests both sides are "posturing," with Cleveland leaking rumors to drive up Edwards' market, and New York holding out "until the Browns drop their asking price" and Edwards his contract demands. The Browns are said to be asking for Mathias Kiwanuka. Edwards wants to be paid $10M a year.

when will all this shit end, we are trading , we are not trading, my heart cant take it anymore. If Mathias Kiwanuka is in on the trade, then freaking why isnt it done. lets just take 1st,him,5th, gett' er done. that would be an instant upgrade and then we take crabtree at #5. Dear Jesus please make it happen.

when will all this shit end, we are trading , we are not trading, my heart cant take it anymore. If Mathias Kiwanuka is in on the trade, then freaking why isnt it done. lets just take 1st,him,5th, gett' er done. that would be an instant upgrade and then we take crabtree at #5. Dear Jesus please make it happen.

It will end on draft day, when ManKok finally reveal their plan. Until then, since NOTHING is coming out of Berea, expect the media to keep making up reports.

Maybe mankok will get rid of bq and da and talk farve or clemens or some other ex jet like namath into quarterbacking the cleveland jets to officially see if we can tie detroit at the 0-16 mark...

This is looking like deju vu all over again..i mean i have nothing against building from scratch but im seeing ex jet players of less than desirable talent flooding in and our best existing players being traded out for draft picks that can and likely will land us less talent then we already have based on manginis previous choices...

We are heading for trouble again folks...hehehehehe

Whats rich have to say about the rumors that are looking like they aint rumors?

what are you smokin dude?

It ends the day after the draft.

The new media wants to make news not report it............................................

If Braylon were in this draft he and crabtree would be the top 2 guys.. You don't trade that away for a maybe..we know what Braylon can do and he will be playing for a contract this year.. He will be raring to put up some big numbers.. But I say we re-sign him now..Phil screwed this one up last year to by not re-doing his contract.

It's clear Mangini is hitting the reset button....so...goodbye Braylon. I'm OK with it as long as we rape the Giants for more than he's worth. I think that isn't out of the question since the Giants clearly think they can win it all this year.

However, unless a bunch of Rooks and no-namers step up big this year....we're probably looking at 6-10 at best in 2009. That kinda sucks.

Doug

It's clear Mangini is hitting the reset button....so...goodbye Braylon. I'm OK with it as long as we rape the Giants for more than he's worth. I think that isn't out of the question since the Giants clearly think they can win it all this year.

However, unless a bunch of Rooks and no-namers step up big this year....we're probably looking at 6-10 at best in 2009. That kinda sucks.

Doug

Don't count on it.

I'll always believe.

Archived