THE BROWNS BOARD

There’s No Way I’ll Send My Kids To Public School To Be Brainwashed By The LGBT Lobby

OldBrownsFan

That's where Liberty University and Cedarville University come into play.

A few private school kids I met in college couldn't hack it so they left to attend Bob Jones University.

One of them had a breakdown there because they found him listening to secular music and installed a sliding door on his room. He had to keep it open when he was in there so they could keep an eye on him.

Homeschooled kids become the awkward kid or the unhinged kid when they go off to college. There's a good chance they're going to be lacking in social development that public, or even private, school would provide.

Also, how many parents are actually equipped to teach this stuff? How many parents can teach my calculus and physics? I'm sure I'd have the bible down though...

I tend to agree and would add this speaking of qualifications to teach. That would be an even greater burden on a stay-at-home parent who probably, probably I say, doesn't have much in the way of marketable skill. I'm sure somewhere it happens that one parent will have some college education and chooses to stay home and clean the house and teach the kid but I would guess it was rare.

WSS

I wasn't raised a Christian but after I became a Christian and went back to college and got my degree the liberal bias even in a smaller rural community college was almost overwhelming. Many times I was up against the teacher and a good portion of the rest of the class (usually when a teacher would stray off message and give their personal views about Right to Life org being equal to the KKK and I would feel compelled not to let that go unchallenged)........(or the professor who in ridiculing the bible showed his ignorance of what the bible actually teaches). Of course anytime you go against a professor you are always up against the person who decides your grade so most wouldn't challenge them.

And even then, just having a college degree in something doesn't make you a good teacher for subjects all of the way through high school

No it does not. I do think someone can teach without a degree but that's a different matter. Aptitude it's very important in teaching. But still I tend to agree with you.

WSS

It takes two things to be a good teacher. Of course a teacher must know the subject. Second would be the ability to get that knowledge across to the student.

Which I would call a talent same as playing piano or guitar or throwing a baseball. But knowing the subject matter just means you have to know more than the kid. You don't have to have a master's degree. That's just a hazing program from the teachers union in my opinion.

WSS

A lot of adults struggle with fractions, how are they going to teach calculus? That's one of my concerns with homeschooling.

Again I agree. As I said along with the aptitude you must know more than the kid knows. And I'd say most adults don't know jackshit about calculus.

I'd imagine most mathematics or Sciences would be above the pay grade of most adults.

I would guess there are some standardized curricula, complete with testing instructions, that parents could purchase and familiarize themselves with. That's just a guess.

WSS

I only know much about three families who homeschool two of which are stupid fucking Hillbillies and the kids worse. They are antisocial little pricks and the parents are in denial. They will be in prison soon enough I assume. The other is a Christian family of musicians who do a bluegrass band and home school all of the kids all of which are either married with children of their own or attended Hillsdale College with great success.

WSS

Ohh!! 5 links.

Definitely no "Christian" school that teaches reading, riting, rithmatic out there then.

Point conceded.

/wanking motion

Ok, well let's look at this another way:

There are plenty of private Islamic schools in the US that teaches general curriculum, along with Islamic doctrine. So, would you have any qualms sending your children to those schools, as long as they also teach reading, "riting" and "rithmatic"?

Ok, well let's look at this another way:

There are plenty of private Islamic schools in the US that teaches general curriculum, along with Islamic doctrine. So, would you have any qualms sending your children to those schools, as long as they also teach reading, "riting" and "rithmatic"?

I for one would not. My neighbor across the street teaches at an Islamic school and she seems pretty regular.

If that school's teaching to behead infidels I guess Id have a different opinion.

WSS

Which "Islamic doctrine" are you speaking of?? Beheading infidels as Steve infers or ummm, well tossing gays off of buildings, or the one where it's okay to beat women, not allow them to vote, or own property?

Since I have daughters, I think I'll let them go sing "Jesus loves me this I know" a couple of times a week in between finger painting and their "A B C's".

Thanks anyway.

I dont understand teaching kids about religion at all. I mean i know full well why its done they need to brain print kids as early as possible so they accept these weird fantastical and implausible stories. I just dont u derstand how intelligent people in tje modern era cant let kids grow up and discern tje universe for themselves. We're holding ourselves back from discovering the truth about the questons that matter. But men spend their whole lives on "how fast does a photon travel in a vacuum?" Or something to that effect

I went to catholic school, some of the religious courses were fine and encompassed all the different types of religions in the world - others like "christian life", I'd pass on.

Though many other courses and activities were great, sometimes the local school district option is not that good - so you don't have many choices outside of moving to a different city.

I do generally agree it's up to the parent to teach their kids their values/beliefs and let them make their own decision, rather than a school.

Why do they have to go to these extremes? Just create a space where these children can work through whatever it is they're dealing with without getting savagely bullied for it. But no we have to go that extra step and let kids use whatever bathroom they feel like that day.

I feel like humans are hopelessly stupid. Like trump has some good ideas but refuses to articulate them like a commin decent human being. Everybody has what is in theory the right idea they just hopelessly poich fuck it with these ridiculous ideas destined for epic failure. Literally i could smack tje god of this realm with a fat dick he's a shitlord monkey

I went to Catholic school for 2 years but we aren't Catholic. Thought it was very beneficial and from what I understand and what I've read Catholic schools are by and large better than public schools.

Nobody was trying to force anything on me and I figured unless you're an idiot by the time you're 15 or 20 or 25 you can decide if you want to believe or not.

And given the choice I'd just as soon the teacher told my son that.Jesus was the son of God then it's okay to blow the kid next to him.

WSS

And given the choice I'd just as soon the teacher told my son that.Jesus was the son of God then it's okay to blow the kid next to him.

WSS

Lol.

Crass, but accurate.

But the part of your post I didn't quote gets to the most relevant point. Typically, the schools excel vs public schools in the "non-religious" subjects for whatever reason. Good enough for me. Trying to do my part as a parent so that my kids don't end up on buzzfeed or LOLCatz or whatever shows up 10 years from now because they think "rich white people ain't giving them money".

or read the OP apparently

lol... teed that one up didn't he? May have to call him "Caddy"...

You mean the Earth isn't 6000 years old? The hell, you say!

Seems like we've been stuck on 6000 for a long time now. Just another way of clinging to the 50"s?

Home schooling is excellent, I'd recommend it most of the time.

Some of our nieces and nephews were home schooled. let me tell ya,

they socialized a LOT.

In public schools, you have intimidated teaching to standardized tests, inner city violent, drug

involved students, you know the rest. Public school teachers do so much paperwork now, it

interferes with actually teaching.

Ask a teacher - it's true. It's standardized because of common core under obaMao.

I have... Told me it went to shit under "No Child Left Behind"...

But more importantly I thought "socializing" was illegal for close relatives.

....racism/ prayer and guns are BAD, .....

Wait.... what? Racism isn't bad?

... and I don't like other people's kids...

Loved it...

Interesting turn of thread through page 2 and into page three...

It takes two things to be a good teacher. Of course a teacher must know the subject. Second would be the ability to get that knowledge across to the student.

I'd say three... staying away from values teaching... especially in the "formative" years.

Sure golden rule stuff needs to be part of the curriculum so "kids" respect each others "space" in the classroom, but stuff like your college prof got into with you is out of bounds. Exception might be a Sociology course, but even then his job would have been to not to convince you that you were wrong, but engage you to understand your view... not judge it.

As the student matures then the boundaries can be expanded some in the abstract, but still the core beliefs should neither be challenged nor installed.

One of the best learning experiences I can remember from HS followed the reading of Dante's Inferno. Our teacher arranged the attendance of a few different religious leaders, Preist, Pastor, Jehova's Witness, etc., for a discussion of the various concepts of Hell. It was a very objective discussion from multiple viewpoints.

Oh... and my only homeschool thought is that a lot of them seem to end up on stage at the Scripps spelling bee finals...

Archived