THE BROWNS BOARD

PFT Reporting its Crabtree or Sanchez

NebBrownsFan

Not sure if this has been posted yet....if so, mod please delete.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/te...eveland-browns/

PFT is saying the Browns have leaked its either Crabtree or Sanchez. Also, Rutgers WR Kenny Britt is due in for a private workout the day before the draft. He's presumed to be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick.

I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?

I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?

I've had a feeling for some time that if Sanchez is there @ #5 they will draft him because he's the best player available or has THE MOST

VALUE. Just because they draft him doesn't mean he's in their plans. What would he be worth in draft picks for a team that desperately needs a QB. I think it would be brilliant to get him and shop him. Worst case Sanchez & Quinn. Best case???? They don't want that #5

pick anyway, if they can't get rid of it make it work for us for a change!

I've had a feeling for some time that if Sanchez is there @ #5 they will draft him because he's the best player available or has THE MOST

VALUE. Just because they draft him doesn't mean he's in their plans. What would he be worth in draft picks for a team that desperately needs a QB. I think it would be brilliant to get him and shop him. Worst case Sanchez & Quinn. Best case???? They don't want that #5

pick anyway, if they can't get rid of it make it work for us for a change!

It makes sense to me even though i hate the snubbing we get from this secretive regime it is in the teams best interest to keep everyone guessing and in the end all the cards will be face up on the table and we will all know how mankok played their hand...;)

As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.

So you knew they would take Joe Thomas?

Nobody had a clue who they would take not to mention Phillip had everybody believing he loved Jafaticus.

I've noticed more and more that Phil is getting bagged on pretty badly over things he really doesn't deserve. He had issues but the guy had a pretty good plan overall and made some damn good moves. His main problem was backing a certain bigfooted QB from the land of sasquatch.

So you knew they would take Joe Thomas?

Nobody had a clue who they would take not to mention Phillip had everybody believing he loved Jafaticus.

I've noticed more and more that Phil is getting bagged on pretty badly over things he really doesn't deserve. He had issues but the guy had a pretty good plan overall and made some damn good moves. His main problem was backing a certain bigfooted QB from the land of sasquatch.

Im sorry i was deployed the year they drafted thomas and quinn. But I do remember the year before knowing we were gonna get Wimpy i mean Whimbley. To say salvage did a good job would be an overstatement. Im not saying he was the worst GM like Detroits Millen but look at how he left the team. He overpaid for some of his FA to the point we couldnt really look at a FA this year. And look at how many draft picks we have this year before the Winslow trade (4). If you look at all the real good teams they build through the draft.

I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn.

You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.

If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.

Im sorry i was deployed the year they drafted thomas and quinn. But I do remember the year before knowing we were gonna get Wimpy i mean Whimbley. To say salvage did a good job would be an overstatement. Im not saying he was the worst GM like Detroits Millen but look at how he left the team. He overpaid for some of his FA to the point we couldnt really look at a FA this year. And look at how many draft picks we have this year before the Winslow trade (4). If you look at all the real good teams they build through the draft.

Didn't mean to imply he did a good job overall, cuz I don't think he did and 4-12 speaks to that regardless of the circumstances. It's just that he is now being labeled as incompetent and that is just not the case. It doesn't bother me to hear RAC 'n ROLLS included as a buffoon but Phillip was and is a pretty good football man.

Flugs and others have done a pretty good job debating this and I'm kind of on the fence. Obviously he had issues handling his power but when he wanted something he went and got it. Fans are really quick to bash FA signings when they don't work out but usually everybody and their brother are all for the pickups at the time.

My issues with Phillip started back with his obvious Oklahoma fetish drafting the likes of Antonio Perkins, Travis Wilson and Brodney Pool. Also giving away picks for guys like Glue Hands Hubbard really leave me scratching my head. The 2005 draft was tough cuz he didn't have much time to prepare for the Browns' needs. Wimbley has certainly not helped but that's more on him than Phillip, he just hasn't progressed and developed as a player.

One thing that rests completely on his shoulders is not being on the same page as the head coach when picking his players, that is ridiculous to say the least. The other main issue is how he treated the DA situation very personally in handing over the keys to the franchise and forcing everybody to be on the same page. Ultimately this was his demise, along with crazy injuries and last year's brutal schedule. Edwards playing like ass certainly didn't help.

You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.

If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.

Cool. After all the Quinn fags have left, there should be enough room for all the Snachez fags. :P

I think Savage made some awesome moves but he also made some boneheaded moves. His pickups of Rogers for Bodden and a 3rd was a steal. We completely ripped off Detroit. Picking up Lewis worked out pretty well also. But he did swonder way too many of our draft picks to the point we are at now.

What is so funny about this report from PFT is that they note their source for this is WOIO-TV. Now that is some funny shit. Nobody in this town has a clue and PFT is quoting them as saying the Browns will pick either Sanchez or Crabtree.

I wonder if they called and got the Janitor after hours as their solid source.

WFT..........................can we at least get a better source. Hey, it could happen but WOIO doesn't have a clue.

That's like someone quoting Bruce Drennen. He just reads the paper and repeats it.

It is hard to understand what the Browns new management is thinking if this is true.

If they take Sanchez, I think your screwed. You already traded alot of picks for Quinn who has barely had a chance to show what he can do. Your team needs defensive players more than any QB in this draft. A WR would be a good pickup, but QB?

It just depends.

There could be a few things in play.

Reports....or maybe just message board garbage says we already have a offer for Quinn. It may be we have struck a deal but have to wait for the draft to unfold. It wouldn't be good business to trade Quinn now planning to draft Sanchez, then have Sanchez selected at #4.

If we draft Sanchez, we can then expect to see Quinn moved in short order for the pick. Denver??

If we end up keeping all three....it does make one scratch the head......the only reason I can see that is none of the offers are very good, or are for picks next year, in which case we want to hang on to both while Sanchez seasons and hope one or the others value increases with solid play this year.

Overall, I would peg the odds of Quinn being shipped at 60%. Way to much smoke and not enough water to douse it by the front office for there to be nothing to the story.

It just depends.

There could be a few things in play.

Reports....or maybe just message board garbage says we already have a offer for Quinn. It may be we have struck a deal but have to wait for the draft to unfold. It wouldn't be good business to trade Quinn now planning to draft Sanchez, then have Sanchez selected at #4.

If we draft Sanchez, we can then expect to see Quinn moved in short order for the pick. Denver??

If we end up keeping all three....it does make one scratch the head......the only reason I can see that is none of the offers are very good, or are for picks next year, in which case we want to hang on to both while Sanchez seasons and hope one or the others value increases with solid play this year.

Overall, I would peg the odds of Quinn being shipped at 60%. Way to much smoke and not enough water to douse it by the front office for there to be nothing to the story.

Don't forget the Browns could draft Sanchez and then deal him shortly thereafter also. My feeling on that is Sanchez probably would bring more value. At that point, Dexter would probably finally get moved.

As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.

Now tha's just BS. . . two years ago NOBODY knew who we were drafting with the first pick. Was it Quinn, Peterson or Thomas? It was a mystery up until the draft unfolded.

Now tha's just BS. . . two years ago NOBODY knew who we were drafting with the first pick. Was it Quinn, Peterson or Thomas? It was a mystery up until the draft unfolded.

Maby im wrong but didnt we pick up J Lewis that year so how did you not know we werent gonna draft Peterson?

To his defense he said he was deployed so I think I can cut him some slack.

Wimpley was up in the air too, certainly that wasn't written in stone nor was Edwards.

To his defense he said he was deployed so I think I can cut him some slack.

Wimpley was up in the air too, certainly that wasn't written in stone nor was Edwards.

First, I agree Sanchez could be a draft and trade though that doesn't happen that often. Why not just trade the pick and allow the team that wants him to draft him?? Seems like if we did that, Sanchez would have a forever chip on his shoulder for us....why do that.......but yes, if a team isn't totally sure we are going to take him, it could force a few hands.

I also agree you never really know who is going to be picked....I think Thomas was the most predictable....he was the slam dunk best player at a position we needed help....it didn't surprise me....it would have had we not taken him.

Who's the guy we aren't talking about any longer? Maybe that is where we need to key?? It could be any number of players, but for me, i keep going back to Malcom Jenkins. I just don't think he is out of the question, with the thinking of playing him at safety.

That would be my wildcard.

Like i said previously Savage was not a bad GM. He wasnt a good one either. He was somewhere in between. He had ample time to turn the browns around and just couldnt get it done. I know he overpaid for some FA but in a way i understand. I mean who wants to move to a team that has been so up and down(mainly down). It takes something to sway FA's opinions $$$. I think the biggest demise of Savage was Crennel. Crennel is a good people person i mean i loved the guy but as far as managing the game he couldnt get it done.

I don't think Savages being released was so much results oriented as in wins and losses or player selection.

I think it had to do with his personalty.....I think he had a pretty high view of his worth and was irritating to Lerner.

You can go back to the Collins situation along with his constant need to be the face of the team.

Phil was a little to busy making himself look good and not spending enough time helping others look good.

JMO

Savage obviously had some good moments such as drafting Joe Thomas and fleecing the eminently fleece-able Detroit Lions for Rogers. Rogers came cheap though because he was discontented and no one really knew if he'd "show up". That said, my problem is in his disregard for the value of draft picks. Right now, this team suffers from a lack of draft picks. The good teams in this football economy value them more than anything. Eagles, Steelers, Pats, Colts treat them like gold. The only way you will stay out of cap hell and have prolonged success in this league is through the draft.

Savage really limited the organization going forward. That could have been a desperate move to save his job but now the Mangini-Kokinis regime is left to pick up the pieces of it. Just my opinion here but it seems that you have to recoup some picks and you have to legitimately look at your areas of strength. The areas of strength provide you with currency to recoup draft picks. The obvious commodities (i.e., guys that people are willing to part with players and/or picks for) are simply Quinn and Edwards. Thomas is untouchable. I think it would be nice to keep Quinn and dump DA but at the same time, the NFL value is in Quinn. Personally, I think that a good deal for Edwards is a no-brainer. Two picks and possibly a player is something I'd take to the bank. At the WR position there are few guys in this league that are truly irreplaceable and young productive WRs are frequently a better deal both financially and athletically. There isn't a player out there who's worth 3 players except perhaps a Brady or a Peyton Manning.

I think the real challenge in this draft is to figure out a way to pick up two more draft picks because there are so many needs that a Braylon Edwards is likely expendable...whether we here like it or not. Kokinis and Mangini are both quite business-like in their approach and it's hard for us to deal with not knowing what they're up to but there IS a plan.

A WORD OF WARNING: In the last three years, Mangini has traded back up into the bottom of the first round to get players he wanted (C Nick Mangold, TE Dustin Keller). Both of those guys were productive and quality picks. I don't think it's going to be that easy this year because he doesn't have the picks to trade BUT I would expect some kind of movement. I'd love to see a trade down to 10-11 but nowadays teams simply don't want to trade up because of the $$$.

Sorry to ramble...just my .02

Like i said previously Savage was not a bad GM. He wasnt a good one either. He was somewhere in between. He had ample time to turn the browns around and just couldnt get it done. I know he overpaid for some FA but in a way i understand. I mean who wants to move to a team that has been so up and down(mainly down). It takes something to sway FA's opinions $$$. I think the biggest demise of Savage was Crennel. Crennel is a good people person i mean i loved the guy but as far as managing the game he couldnt get it done.

One of the bigger problems I am having with Savage is learning how he structured some of these contracts. I thought the idea of roster bonuses were to pay the guy if he was still on the team at a certain time and not pay if he wasn't. This bullshit with "guaranteed" roster bonuses whether the player is on the team or not is just another example of Phil being in over his head.

One of the bigger problems I am having with Savage is learning how he structured some of these contracts. I thought the idea of roster bonuses were to pay the guy if he was still on the team at a certain time and not pay if he wasn't. This bullshit with "guaranteed" roster bonuses whether the player is on the team or not is just another example of Phil being in over his head.

True. There are other ways to pay out money that protect the team a bit more. Guaranteeing a bonus is stupid.

Not sure if this has been posted yet....if so, mod please delete.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/te...eveland-browns/

PFT is saying the Browns have leaked its either Crabtree or Sanchez. Also, Rutgers WR Kenny Britt is due in for a private workout the day before the draft. He's presumed to be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick.

Mcshay changed his draft. He now says Sanchez is going to Seattle. Said it's the perfect fit.

34 year olf Hasslebeck can play one more year as Sanchez sits and learns.

Who cares about past GM's and picks, every year the draft is different and we value picks differn't every year. Just like next year when we are picking in the top 8 we will be hoping we can take Colt in stead of the dumbass pick of Sanchez this year. This is a new group of coaches and a new GM. They will do things different even if its not what we want them to do. This shit will never change thats what makes it so much fun. If you are not a browns fan then you are happy with your team. All the other teams fans seem happy or at least optimitic about there teams, but not us we hate or at least bitch about the old shit that has happend. 2009 will be a great year for us, we will surprise he nfl with a soon to be great defense.

Guest Aloysius

More from Mike Lombardi:

A general manager told me that he expects Cleveland to trade Brady Quinn this week but he’s not sure what team he will be heading to. The prevailing feeling in the NFL is that the Browns like Mark Sanchez and have spent considerable time getting to know everything they can about him.

Archived