THE BROWNS BOARD

PFT Reporting its Crabtree or Sanchez

NebBrownsFan

Who cares about past GM's and picks, every year the draft is different and we value picks differn't every year. Just like next year when we are picking in the top 8 we will be hoping we can take Colt in stead of the dumbass pick of Sanchez this year. This is a new group of coaches and a new GM. They will do things different even if its not what we want them to do. This shit will never change thats what makes it so much fun. If you are not a browns fan then you are happy with your team. All the other teams fans seem happy or at least optimitic about there teams, but not us we hate or at least bitch about the old shit that has happend. 2009 will be a great year for us, we will surprise he nfl with a soon to be great defense.

The draft is different every year. I think you can dwell on the past too much and no one knows what's really gonna happen. Did anyone really see the Falcons making the playoffs last year? The Cardinals? It's a crapshoot. These guys get paid to field a team. It's a long time between now and August. What happens if Roethlisberger decides he wants to take up skydiving? You never know. That's why they play the games. I think that if the '09 Browns are a competitive team week in and week out....that's the initial ingredient for me as a fan.

There is a real danger amongst struggling teams that convince themselves that average talent is really good talent. The Falcons took a step up in that regard last year. The Lions obviously did not.

More from Mike Lombardi:

If they make that trade before getting Sanchez..it tells me they like Anderson better than Quinn.

If Quinn is the guy we favor between him and Anderson, it would be a bit risky to make the trade before we were on the clock with Sanchez still sitting there.

Nothing says the 4 teams in front of us won't take him and or Stafford, and or trade the pick.

But.....Saturday is this week. ;)

Archived